Does Spotify have a mini player? I am searching for an option for a Spotify mini player on Windows 10, but there seems to be no solution to it. – Question from Spotify Community
Unfortunately, there is no yet a built-in mini player in the Spotify desktop app for Windows or Mac. Alternatively, you can have access to the mini player while using the Spotify web player in a browser. Here in this post, we are going to tell you various methods to get a Spotify mini player on your devices with detailed steps so that you can control your Spotify music playback at fingertips.
Part 1. How to Get Spotify Mini Player on Windows 10 / Mac
As is mentioned above, the Spotify mini player is currently available in the Spotify web player only. In this section, we will not only give detailed steps on how to make Spotify mini player with web player in Chrome, but also recommend some third-party gadgets or applications that enable you to pause, skip music, adjusting volume, etc. Without further ado, let's get to it.
Make Mini Spotify Player with Web Player
Step 1. Visit Open.Spotify.com in a new tab in Google Chrome.
Step 2. Log in with your Spotify account and start playing some music.
Step 3. From the bottom control bar, click the 'window' icon next to the heart.
Now a mini player Spotify with album art shows up which allows you to move them everywhere on the screen, adjust the size, pause music, play the previous track, or next track. It is worth mention that no matter you are using the Spotify Free or Premium, you can play songs on demand when accessing Spotify music on the computer and there won't be skip limits.
Get Third-Party Spotify Mini Player Windows 10/Mac
1. Lofi Spotify Mini Player (Windows/Mac)
Lofi is a light-weight and free open-source app. It is a minimalist Spotify player with 4 visualization effects, but it is no replacement for the Spotify desktop app, nor does it play music independently of the Spotify app. Lofi provides more intuitive and pleasant access to common features, including pausing/playing, and previous/next track.
Step 1. Launch the Spotify desktop app and log in with your account. Then open the Lofi mini player for Spotify.
Step 2. Tap Log in from Lofi's interface. You will then be directed to a new tab where you are requested to authorize Lofi access to Spotify.
Once connected, Lofi should be able to sync the music you are playing within the Spotify app with album cover, title, artist. You can switch to the Spotify music visualizer and enter a full-screen mode.
2. Alfred Spotify Mini Player (Windows/Mac)
Alfred Spotify Mini Player is a free open-source that offers various features such as full control of your playlists, fuzzy search online for tracks, albums, playlists, etc. It might be a bit complicated to set up before getting to experience all features. If you are interested, you can visit its official website to download the latest version of this app and to find out the detailed setup steps.
3. SpotMenu Mini Player (Mac)
The default behavior of SpotMenu is to show Artist and Track title in the menu bar, and if you click on it, a Spotify mini player with album cover will show up and allows you to pause music, play previous/next track, and drag the music playing forward/backward.
Download the latest version of SpotMenu from GitHub which is a zip file or from the Mac App Store. Unarchive it and then run the SpotMenu app as well as the Spotify app. The metadata of the Spotify music playing should be displayed in the menu bar now.
Part 2. How to Play Spotify on Any Music Mini Player
All the methods introduced above have their own advantages and disadvantages, but one thing is certain that you can not skip ads if you are using a Spotify mini player with a Spotify free account. To save you from this trouble and further improve your listening experience using the Spotify mini player, we here introduce a professional software called AudFree Spotify Music Converter.
It is an excellent tool that can help you download the original sound quality of Spotify music without a Premium account and preserve all the ID3 tag information such as album cover, artist, genre, title, etc. So when you play the downloaded Spotify music files on other media players with built-in mini player function, you will be able to enjoy them offline with all the information displayed.
How to Download and Play Music with Any Mini Player for Spotify
Please download the free trial version of AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your computer and the Spotify app. Following the steps below, you will be able to play Spotify music on all media players.
- Step 1Add Spotify songs/playlists/albums to AudFree
- Launch AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your computer, you will see that Spotify app opens automatically. To import Spotify music to AudFree, you can either drag & drop Spotify music to the main interface of AudFree, or copy&paste the link of Spotify tracks to search box and then click '+' button.
- Step 2Set output format as MP3 for Spotify mini player
- AudFree Spotify Music Converter can support a wide variety of audio output formats, like MP3, WAV, AAC, FLAC, etc. We suggest you select output format as MP3 to ensure your downloaded Spotify music compatible with all media players. Here, you can also customize other output parameters including channel, sample rate and bit rate.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music for Spotify mini player
- When all settings are saved, please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface to start the converting process. AudFree Spotify Music Converter can work at 5X speed so you don't have to wait for long.
- Step 4Import downloaded music to Spotify mini player
- When the conversion finishes, you can locate the downloaded Spotify music files in local output folder. Since iTunes supports mini player function, we suggest Mac users transfer Spotify music to iTunes. If you are a Windows user who thinks the iTunes app can be buggy running on your PC, you can play Spotify to Dopamine Music Player as it's a neat and simple music player for Windows with 3 forms of mini players: Cover player, Micro player, and Nano player.
Part 3. In Conclusion
You have learned various ways on how to get Spotify mini player on Windows and Mac. Which method do you prefer? To enjoy Spotify music with mini player offline without ads, AudFree Spotify Music Converter is definitely one good option which helps you achieve that easily.