The Tidal streaming music service is very popular and offers high-quality music. Like other streaming platforms, Tidal adds digital protection to its music. While you can download Tidal music for offline playback, you can only listen to it through the Tidal app.
Therefore, many users are looking for a way to convert Tidal music to AAC in order to export it for use on other devices. You can probably learn a lot about Tidal AAC converters from the Internet, but what is the best? After using and reviewing all the tools that allow you to convert Tidal to AAC, we've found the best tool for you. Read on and learn it.
Part 1. Best Tidal to AAC Converter: Required Tool
AudFree Tidal Music Converter is the best tool to losslessly download Tidal music to AAC. We rank it first because it can keep 100% original audio quality and ID3 tags after conversion. With it, you can get the ultimate Tidal music experience.
It supports batch conversion of Tidal songs at 5X speed while being easy to use. It not only can save Tidal music as AAC files, but also supports other popular formats including MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, and M4B. Best of all, it doesn't require a Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus subscription.
AudFree Tidal Music Converter
Part 2. How to Download Tidal Music to AAC Locally: Tutorial
AudFree Tidal Music Converter is 100% clean and safe. It is highly compatible with Windows and Mac and comes with free updates and technical support. You can install it for free by clicking the "Download" button above or by navigating to AudFree's official website. Then let's follow the instructions below to download Tidal AAC as a local file.
- Step 1Import Tidal songs and playlists to AudFree
- After installing AudFree Tidal Music Converter on the desktop, please open it and the Tidal app will turn on automatically. Next, please discover the songs you would like to convert to AAC on the Tidal app. Then copy and paste the link of the Tidal track/playlist/album to AudFree's search bar. After that, hit the '+' icon to input Tidal music. Alternatively, you can drag and drop tracks from Tidal to this converter.
- Step 2Define Tidal output format to AAC
- Click the 'three-line' icon on the upper right and select 'Preferences' >'Convert' to open a new setting window. Here, you are allowed to change the output format to AAC/MP3/M4A/M4B/WAV/FLAC. Don't forget to click on 'OK' to save the changes.
- Step 3Download and transfer Tidal to AAC
- Now, simply tap on the obvious 'Convert' button to start the conversion process. The software will work at a 5X faster speed to unlock and save Tidal songs as AAC files into your computer's local folder. When the conversion is finished, a red prompt will mark on the 'Converted' icon. Please check it to locate the converted local Tidal AAC tracks.
Tips: Learn More about Tidal to AAC
Q1: What Codec Does Tidal Use?
A: Tidal offers four audio settings - Normal, High, HiFi, and Master. These four streaming qualities use AAC, AAC, FLAC, and MQA formats respectively. All songs on Tidal are encrypted, so you cannot copy Tidal AAC/FLAC/MQA to play on other devices.
Q2: Is AAC Better than MP3?
A: Both AAC and MP3 are lossy compressed files. AAC was released 3 years later than MP3. As a new generation, AAC sounds better than MP3 at the same bitrate, especially at lower bitrates. For example, a 96 kbps AAC file will perform better than a 128 kbps MP3 file, and a 128 kbps AAC file will sound much better than a 128 kbps MP3 file.
Also, the size of an AAC file is smaller than that of an MP3 file. When the bitrate is less than or equal to 128 kbps, the two files are similar in size (the difference is less than 0.1M). Although the bit rate equals or exceeds 192 kbps, the size of an AAC file is much smaller than that of an MP3 file.
When it comes to compatibility comparison, MP3 has wider support than AAC and can work with all mobile devices and portable players.
But AAC audio files are still widely used.
Q3: Can I Export Music from Tidal?
A: You can only download music from Tidal with a Tidal HiFi/HiFi Plus subscription. You cannot copy or move Tidal music to other devices. But if you want, you can use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to do it. It is a professional tool that enables you to export Tidal music to MP3/FLAC/AAC/M4A/M4B/WAV. After downloading, you can use these Tidal audio files on your desired device.