With over 80 million songs, Tidal allows you to explore all types of music on many devices online or offline. But there are still many things you can't do with Tidal files. You can't put music from Tidal into a USB flash drive. You can't burn Tidal into a CD and so forth. Fortunately, everything can come true well if you find an approach to download music from Tidal to MP3 tracks.
Have you tried to search 'Tidal to MP3' in Google to get a professional method to convert Tidal to MP3? If yes, the official answer could be disappointed for you. In fact, Tidal doesn't offer a workaround to get Tidal MP3 downloads.
In this case, today, we will introduce three professional ways to download MP3 from Tidal. By doing this, we will draw support from third-party Tidal MP3 converters and Tidal to MP3 converters online.
Part 1. How to Download Music from Tidal to MP3
AudFree Tidal Music Converter is the first software that has the ability to convert Tidal to MP3 for Tidal Free and Tidal HiFi subscribers. By adopting magical converting technology, it can also convert Tidal to Lossless, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. To maintain a high-quality listening experience, it will download the Tidal original files losslessly. All ID3 tags and other meta info can be 100% preserved.
Another highlight feature is that it runs at a 5X faster speed when downloading music from Tidal to MP3. With the help of this AudFree Tidal MP3 converter, you can play Tidal tracks on any device and music player without using the Tidal app. Even if you have canceled the Tidal subscription, you can continue to listen to Tidal offline on desktop and other devices.
AudFree Tidal to MP3 Converter
How to Download Music from Tidal to MP3
AudFree Tidal Music Converter is available for Mac and Windows operating systems. You can choose the right free version and install it on your computer. It's also worth noting that the free mode can convert the first one minute of each Tidal music to test its features. You'd better buy the full version to get the whole Tidal MP3 downloads without any restriction. But it doesn't require you to update to Tidal HiFi or Tidal HiFi Plus account.
- Step 1Run AudFree Tidable and log in Tidal account
- Double-click to open one-stop AudFree Tidal to MP3 converter from your computer desktop. On the first screen, choose "Log in" from the top-left center and enter your e-mail address and password to log into your Tidal account. If you don't have one, please create a free one by using email address, Facebook account, Twitter account, or Apple account.
- Step 2Set Tidal music output format as MP3
- To download from Tidal to MP3 files, you need to define the output format of Tidal music as MP3. Click the "AudFree Tidable Music Converter" from the Apple menu bar on the Mac. Or click the "Menu" icon of AudFree Tidable Music Converter on PC. And then, choose the "Preferences" > "Advanced" icon, and then the setting windows will pop up. You need to set the Tidal output format as MP3 and then customize Tidal music quality by adjusting the audio codec, bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Upload Tidal music for conversion
Quit the format window and go to Tidal music library. Search for your favorite Tidal playlist from music library. And then, open it and click the bright blue "+" icon to add the Tidal music to AudFree Tidable. If there are tracks that you don't want in the playlist, you can simply uncheck it from the conversion list.
Please notice that AudFree Tidal to MP3 Converter doesn't support the addition of a single Tidal track. You have to create a playlist or directly choose a Tidal playlist or album to add.
- Step 4Download MP3 from Tidal for offline playback
- In the final step, please simply hit on the "Convert" button at the bottom-right corner. Soon, AudFree Tidal Music Converter will download music from Tidal to MP3 audio files with zero quality loss. The conversion time depends on how many playlists you have added before. After conversion, please click the marked "Converted" button > "Search" icon to locate Tidal MP3 downloads on computer.
Part 2. How to Record and Convert Tidal to MP3
If you want to get MP3 files from not only Tidal but also other streaming music services, then another tool called AudFree Audio Capture could be a nice choice. Different from the traditional audio recording tools, it adopts advanced and innovite capturing technology to capture data from openning apps and encode and export lossless audio files.
It endows you with ability to record and convert Tidal music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B audio format. Under this circumstance, you are able to listen to Tidal songs, playlists, albums, podcasts on all devices offline. What's more, it features a powerful ID3 tag editor and audio splitter, which empowers users to customize ID3 tags of Tidal MP3 downloads and cut and split Tidal files into small segments.
How to Convert Tidal to MP3 via Tidal MP3 Recorder
- Step 1 Download and Launch the AudFree Tidal MP3 recorder
- Fire up this Tidal MP3 converter and recorder on your Mac or Windows computers. You will see the main interface of this tool with some popular apps showing up. If the Tidal app or the web browser that you use to access Tidal music is not included in the list, please drag and drop it to this user interfacce. Alternatively, you can click the '+' button to load it.
- Step 2Customize Tidal music output format as MP3
- To rip MP3 from Tidal, please configure the output format of Tidal music as MP3 in AudFree Audio Capture. To do that, please click the 'Format' icon to open the setting window and then find the Format section to choose MP3 as the target audio format. Besides, in this window, you can define other audio parameters of exporting Tidal music.
- Step 3Start and Capture Tidal music to MP3
- Open the Tidal desktop app or your web browser to search and play your favorite Tidal music that you'd like to convert to MP3 files. This smart AudFree Tidal MP3 capture will automatically switch to Recording Mode and start the recording process. All playing Tidal songs will be saved as MP3 tracks on your local computer.
- Step 4Split or save Tidal MP3 downloads
- Once you stop playing Tidal music or quit the app, it will end recording Tidal playlists to MP3. If necessary, you can click the 'Edit' button of each track to trim unwanted Tidal MP3 downloads or customize ID3 tags as you like. Or you can directly hit on the 'Save' button to export Tidal music to MP3 locally.
Part 3. How to Convert Tidal to MP3 Online
In this section, we will show the way to convert Tidal to MP3 via an easy-to-use Tidal to MP3 converter online. There are many online streaming audio recorders, which are able to extract MP3 files from music streams. Of course, many of them are compatible with Tidal music tracks. Although it uses recording technology, it can record and convert Tidal to MP3 online well.
Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder is one of the smart Tidal to MP3 converter online tools. It also comes with some stunning editing features. It supports keeping or customizing ID3 tags, including year, title, and more. Apart from MP3, there are other six output formats for your choice to export Tidal songs, including WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV, M4A, and OGG.
How Does Tidal to MP3 Converter Online Work
Step 1. Navigate to its official website and then press the 'Start Recording' button in the center of the main page.
Step 2. Now, please open the Tidal Web Player and choose the audio source as the system sound. You can set Tidal output format as MP3 under the 'Tools' > 'Options' button.
Step 3. Browse Tidal music and then play your favorite songs. Hit on the 'Record' button to start converting Tidal to MP3 online.
Part 4. How to Convert Tidal to MP3 for Free
The forth way is to convert Tidal to MP3 for free to play Tidal songs anywhere. To realize it, we will meet a free Tidal to MP3 converter, namely Athame. It's a free-source tool you can find and install on GitHub. It can not only download music from Tidal but also from Google Play Music. The only thing we need to mention here is that you can use this tool for an educational and personal intention.
How to Convert Tidal to MP3 Free
Step 1. Please enter Tidal Web Player or open the Tidal desktop app. Find Tidal songs that you'd like to get MP3 files.
Step 2. Click the 'Share' > 'Copy Tidal Link' button to copy Tidal playlist links.
Step 3. Paste them in Athame's 'URL' textbox. There is an 'Add' button for you to click to import Tidal tracks.
Step 4. The last step is to tap the 'Start' tab, it will start to convert Tidal to MP3 for free.
Part 5. FAQs of Downloading Music from Tidal to MP3
Q1: Tidal Free vs Tidal HiFi vs Tidal HiFi Plus
Nowadays, Tidal has changed its subscription types. And the Tidal Free plan comes here under everyone's expectations. Tidal Free provides up to 160 kbps 80 million songs with limited interruptions. While Tidal HiFi and HiFi Plus offer more features, such as ad-free songs, Tidal Connect, offline playback, etc. The difference between premium subscriptions is the audio quality.
Q2: Can I Download Music from Tidal to MP3?
Yes. There are four solutions mentioned in this article you can follow to download and convert Tidal music to MP3 no matter which subscription you are using is.
Q3: Why We Need to Convert Tidal to MP3?
Tidal is a music streaming service providing users with a nice listening experience. It offers the tiers of Tidal Free(good sound quality), Tidal HiFi (HiFi sound quality) and Tidal HiFi Plus(master quality audio, Dolby Atmos, Sony 360 Reality Audio, and HiFi quality). No matter which subscription you are using, you can access more than 80 million Tidal tracks.
But Tidal comes with some shortcomings. Users can only play Tidal music on devices compatible with the Tidal app. That's to say, you can't take full control of your Tidal playback even subscribing to its service. In this case, converting Tidal to MP3 seems a perfect solution to fix the obstacle.
Q4: What Are the Benefits of Converting Tidal to MP3?
* Listen to Tidal songs and playlists on computers offline
* Play Tidal music on MP3 players without a problem
* Make Tidal songs as iPhone ringtone and Android ringtone
* Set Tidal music as an alarm for mobile devices
* Burn a CD from Tidal MP3 files via other CD burners
* Backup Tidal files on any device, like USB, SD card, etc.
Q5: Is AudFree Tidal to MP3 Converter Free?
AudFree Tidal Music Converter is not a free program but it provides a free trial version for users to test its features and function before purchasing it.
Q6: How to Download Tidal Music to MP3 Player
Before you start to convert Tidal to MP3, please use a USB cable to connect your MP3 player to your computer. And then please set the destination folder as the music folder of your MP3 player in advance. Now, all Tidal music will be downloaded to your MP3 player directly.
Part 6. Bottom Line
Without a doubt, it's necessary to download music from Tidal to MP3 for better Tidal music entertainment. Because the Tidal app is not available for some popular devices and music players. By doing this, users can play Tidal songs on Mac and Windows computers offline also.
Just follow this article to convert Tidal to MP3 online and for free. After that, you can play Tidal music on MP3 players, smartphones, tablets, smart speakers, etc. offline. You don't need to install the Tidal app on devices but use any Tidal MP3 player to explore Tidal music.