With over 60 million songs, Tidal allows you to explore all types of music on many devices. But there are still many things you can't do with Tidal files. You can't put music from Tidal into a USB flash drive. You can't burn Tidal into a CD and so forth. Fortunately, everything can come to true well if you have converted Tidal to MP3 tracks.
Have you tried to search 'Tidal to MP3' in Google to get a professional way to convert Tidal to MP3? If yes, the official answer could be disappointed for you. In fact, Tidal doesn't offer a workaround to get Tidal MP3 downloads.
In this case, today, we will introduce three professional ways to download music from Tidal to MP3. By doing this, we will draw support from a third-party and two online Tidal to MP3 converters.
Part 1. Why We Need to Convert Tidal to MP3
Tidal is a music streaming service providing users with a nice listening experience. It offers the tiers of Tidal Premium (high quality) and Tidal HiFi (lossless CD quality). No matter which subscription you are using, you can access more than 60 million tracks on Tidal.
But Tidal comes with some shortcomings. Users can only play Tidal music on devices compatible with the Tidal app. That's to say, you can't take full control of your Tidal playback even subscribing to its service. Under this circumstance, converting Tidal to MP3 seems a perfect solution to fix the obstacle.
Benefits of Converting Tidal to MP3
* Listen to Tidal songs and playlists on computers offline
* Play Tidal music on MP3 players without a problem
* Make Tidal songs as iPhone ringtone and Android ringtone
* Set Tidal music as an alarm for mobile devices
* Burn a CD from Tidal MP3 files via other CD burners
* Backup Tidal files on any device, like USB, SD card, etc.
Part 2. Best Tidal MP3 Converter to Convert Tidal to MP3
AudFree Tidal Music Converter is the first tool that has the ability to convert Tidal songs to MP3. By adopting magical converting technology, it can also convert Tidal to Lossless, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. To maintain a high-quality listening experience, it will download the Tidal original files. All ID3 tags and other meta info can be 100% preserved.
Another highlight feature is that it runs at a 5X faster speed when downloading MP3 files from Tidal. With the help of this AudFree Tidal converter, you can play Tidal tracks on any device and music player. Even if you have canceled the Tidal subscription, you can continue to listen to Tidal songs.
How to Download Music from Tidal to MP3
AudFree Tidal Music Converter is available for Mac and Windows operating systems. You can choose the right free version and install it on your computer. It's also worth noting that the free mode can convert the first one minute of each Tidal music to test its features. You'd better buy the full version to get Tidal MP3 download without any restriction.
- Step 1Run AudFree and log in Tidal account
- Double-click to open AudFree one-stop Tidal to MP3 converter from your computer desktop. On the first screen, choose "Log in" and enter e-mail address and password to log into your Tidal account.
- Step 2Set Tidal output format as MP3
- To download from Tidal to MP3 files, you need to define the output format as MP3. Click the "AudFree Tidal Music Converter" from the Apple menu bar on the Mac. Or click the "menu" icon of AudFree Tidal Music Converter on PC. And then, choose the "Preferences" > "Advanced" icon, and then the setting windows will pop up. You need to set the Tidal output format as MP3 and then customize Tidal music quality by adjusting the audio codec, bit rate, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Upload Tidal playlist to AudFree
Quit the format window and go to Tidal music library. Search for your favorite Tidal playlist from music library. And then, open it and click the bright blue "+" icon to add the Tidal playlist to AudFree. If there are tracks that you don't want in the playlist, you can simply uncheck it from the conversion list.
Please notice that AudFree Tidal Music Converter doesn't support the addition of a single Tidal track. You have to create a playlist or directly choose a Tidal playlist or album to add.
- Step 4Download MP3 from Tidal for offline playback
- In the final step, please simply hit on the "Convert" button at the bottom-right corner. Soon, AudFree Tidal Music Converter will download music from Tidal to MP3 audio files with zero quality loss. The conversion time depends on how many playlists you have added before. After conversion, please click the marked "Converted" button > "search" icon to locate Tidal MP3 downloads on computer.
- Video Demo How to Download Music from Tidal to MP3
- This video shows you how to download and convert Tidal music and playlists to MP3 files. With the help of AudFree Tidal Music Converter, you can play them anywhere offline without a problem.
Part 3. Tidal to MP3 Converter Online to Convert Tidal to MP3
In this section, we will show the way to convert Tidal to MP3 online. There are many online streaming audio recorders, which are able to extract MP3 files from music streams. Of course, many of them are compatible with Tidal music tracks. Although it adopts recording technology, it can rip Tidal MP3 online.
Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder is one of the smart Tidal to MP3 converter online tools. It also comes with some stunning editing features. It supports keeping or customizing ID3 tags, including year, title, and more. Apart from MP3, there are other six output formats for your choice, including WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV, M4A, and OGG.
How to Convert Tidal to MP3 Online
Step 1. Navigate to its official website and then press the 'Start Recording' button.
Step 2. Now, please find Tidal and choose Tidal as the audio source. You can set Tidal output format as MP3 under the 'Tools' > 'Options' button.
Step 3. Browse Tidal music and then play your favorite songs. Hit on the 'Record' button to start converting Tidal to MP3 online.
Part 4. Tidal to MP3 Converter to Convert Tidal to MP3 Free
The third way is a free one to convert Tidal to MP3 for Tidal offline listening. To realize it, we will meet a free Tidal to MP3 converter, namely Athame.
It's a free-source tool you can find and install on GitHub. It can not only download music from Tidal not also from Google Play Music. The only thing we need to mention here is that you can use this tool for an educational and personal intention.
How to Convert Tidal to MP3 Free
Step 1. Please enter Tidal Web Player or open the Tidal desktop app. Find Tidal songs that you'd like to get MP3 files.
Step 2. Click the 'Share' > 'Copy Tidal Link' button to copy Tidal playlist links.
Step 3. Paste them in Athame's 'URL' textbox. There is an 'Add' button for you to click to import Tidal tracks.
Step 4. The last step is to tap the 'Start' tab, it will start to convert Tidal to MP3 for free.
Part 5. Bottom Line
With a Tidal paid subscription, you're able to access Tidal's large music library. For mobile users, users can use the 'Download' option to download Tidal music for offline playback.
But it's also necessary to convert Tidal to MP3 for better Tidal music entertainment. Because the Tidal app is not available for some popular devices and music players. By doing this, users can play Tidal songs on Mac and Windows computers offline also.
Just follow this article to convert Tidal to MP3 online and for free. After that, you can play Tidal music on MP3 players, smartphones, tablets, smart speakers, etc. offline. You don't need to install the Tidal app on devices but use any Tidal MP3 player to explore Tidal music.