As a popular streaming music service, Tidal allows its premium users to download songs for offline playback. But they don't actually own the songs. Songs downloaded from Tidal are encoded and can only be played on the Tidal app. Since MP3 is the most commonly used audio format, many users are looking for a way to convert Tidal to MP3.
After converting Tidal music to MP3, you will be able to access your local Tidal music files. You can back up Tidal music on your device and listen to Tidal music on an MP3 player or other portable devices.
In this post, we have summarized the top 6 Tidal MP3 converters. You can use them to convert Tidal music to MP3 online for free or for a fee. Read on and find the one that's right for you!
- Part 1. Tidal MP3 Download for Windows/Mac
- Part 2. Convert Tidal to MP3 Online
- Part 3. Convert Tidal to MP3 Free
- Part 4. Comparison of the 6 Tidal Converter to MP3
- Part 5. FAQs about Tidal Download MP3
- Part 6. Video Tutorial: How to Download MP3 from Tidal
Part 1. How to Get Tidal MP3 Download for Windows/Mac
1. AudFree Tidal Music Converter
AudFree Tidal Music Converter is the best software to download from Tidal to MP3 for all Tidal users. It can also convert Tidal to Lossless, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. It will also maintain the original sound quality of Tidal music. Plus, all ID3 tags and other meta information can be 100% preserved.
Another outstanding feature is that it supports batch conversion up to 5 times faster. With the help of this best AudFree Tidal Converter to MP3, you can play Tidal tracks on any device and music player.
AudFree Tidal MP3 Converter
- Available for Tidal Free, Tidal HiFi, and Tidal HiFi Plus users
- Keep original ID3 tags and 100% lossless audio quality
- Work at 5X faster speed, support batch conversion
- Listen to Tidal offline on desktop and other devices
- Losslessly download Tidal music to MP3/FLAC/AAC/etc.
How to Download Music from Tidal to MP3 via AudFree Tidal Music Converter
AudFree Tidal MP3 Converter is available for both Mac and Windows operating systems. You can choose a suitable free version and install it on your computer. To install it, visit its official website or click the "Download" button above. After that, we will guide you on how to use it to download Tidal playlist to MP3 without Tidal HiFi/HiFi Plus.
- Step 1Add Tidal Music for Conversion
When you launch the AudFree Tidal Downloader, the Tidal app will also open. It's designed to help you add your desired Tidal songs more easily. You can simply 'drag & drop' songs from Tidal to this converter's main interface. Or, you can 'right-click' on the Tidal track and select 'Share' > 'Copy Track Link'. Then paste the link into the search field of AudFree Tidable. Finally, click the 'Add' button on the side.
- Step 2Set Tidal Music Output Format as MP3
- The default output format of this converter is MP3 so you don't need to reset it. But you can customize other parameters, including channel, bitrate, etc. To do this, click on the 'Menu' icon at the top-right corner. Then, choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert' icon, and the setting window will pop up.
- Step 3Download Tidal to MP3 Losslessly
- Finally, please simply hit on the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner. Soon, AudFree Tidal Music Converter will download music from Tidal to MP3 with no loss of quality. The conversion time depends on how many playlists you have added before. After conversion, please click the marked 'Converted' > 'Search' icon to locate Tidal MP3 downloads on your computer.
2. AudFree Audio Capture
With the 1-click AudFree Audio Capture, you can convert Tidal music to MP3 with high-quality sound kept. Actually, it also allows you to record music from Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, etc.
It endows you with the ability to record and rip music from Tidal to FLAC, MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B audio formats. In this case, you can listen to Tidal songs, playlists, albums, and podcasts offline on all your devices. What's more, it has a powerful ID3 tag editor and audio splitter. Hence, you can customize ID3 tags for Tidal MP3 downloads and split Tidal files into smaller segments.
How to Download Music from Tidal to MP3 via AudFree Audio Capture
- Step 1 Add Tidal to AudFree Audio Capture
- Fire up this Tidal MP3 converter and recorder on your Mac or Windows computer. You will see the main interface of this tool with some popular apps showing up. If the Tidal app or the web browser that you use to access Tidal Music is not included in the list, please drag and drop it to this user interface. Alternatively, you can click the '+' button to add it.
- Step 2Customize Tidal Music Output Format as MP3
- To download Tidal songs to MP3, please configure the output format of Tidal music as MP3. To do that, please click the 'Format' icon to open the setting window and then choose MP3 as the target audio format. Besides, in this window, you can define other audio parameters for exporting Tidal Music.
- Step 3Capture Tidal Music to MP3
- Open the Tidal desktop app or your web browser to play the Tidal music that you'd like to convert to MP3. This smart AudFree Tidal to MP3 Converter/Capture will automatically start the recording process. All playing Tidal songs will be saved as MP3 tracks on your local computer.
Part 2. How to Convert Tidal to MP3 Online
There are many online streaming audio recorders capable of extracting MP3 files from music streams. Of course, many of them are compatible with Tidal music tracks. With advanced recording technology, they can record and convert Tidal music to MP3 online very well. In this section, we will show two simple Tidal converter online for you to pick from.
1. Apowersoft Free Online Audio Recorder
Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder is a smart Tidal to MP3 converter online. It also comes with some amazing features like retaining or customizing ID3 tags. Besides MP3, there are other six output formats for you to choose from to export Tidal songs, including WMA, AAC, FLAC, WAV, M4A, and OGG.
- Free to use
- Record music from any streaming music platform such as Tidal
- Export audio to MP3, WMA or other popular audio files in high quality
- Built-in ID3 tag editor supports audio editing
- Audio quality can degrade during recording
- Unstable operation due to internet connection status
How Does Apowersoft Tidal MP3 Converter Online Work
Step 1. Navigate to its official website and press the 'Start Recording' button in the center of the main page.
Step 2. Select the audio source as the 'System Sound'. Then click on 'Start Recording'.
Step 3. Open the Tidal app or Tidal web player and start to play the music you want to download.
Step 4. Click on 'Share' and it will automatically convert Tidal to MP3 online.
2. Aiseesoft Free Audio Recorder
In fact, Aiseesoft Tidal to MP3 converter online is another highly acclaimed voice recording tool by users. It is capable of recording streaming audio on Windows or Mac computers. As one of the best recording programs, Aiseesoft records audio mainly from the system sound or microphone. This way, whether you are a layman or a tech expert, you are fully capable to record and download Tidal songs to MP3.
- 100% free and safe to use
- Efficiently download Tidal MP3s
- Export audio to MP3, WMA or other popular audio files in high quality
- Manage all your audio recordings in a built-in audio library
- It will reduce the original music quality
- Output quality cannot be customized
- Cannot trim the recorded audio file
How to Download Tidal to MP3 Online with Aiseesoft Free Audio Recorder
Step 1. Navigate to the official website of Aiseesoft Free Audio Recorder and click on the 'Start Recording' button. Note that you need to download the 'Launcher' and install it on your computer.
Step 2. Select the audio source and play the Tidal music you want to convert to MP3. Then click on the 'REC' icon to start the recording process.
Step 3. Click the 'Stop' button to finish recording. You can preview the Tidal MP3 music and save it to your computer.
Part 3. How to Convert Tidal to MP3 Free
Since many users are eagerly waiting for a powerful free Tidal MP3 downloader, this article has searched for two free tools to make it a reality. Let's reveal them one by one.
Athame, a free Tidal to MP3 converter, can be found and installed on GitHub. It can download music not only from Tidal, but also from Google Play Music. Moreover, it works with Windows, Mac and Linux operating systems. It should be noted that you can only use this tool for educational and personal purposes.
- It is free of charge
- Support Windows, Mac and Linux
- Work with Tidal and Google Play Music
- Built-in ID3 tag editor supports audio editing
- Real-time ripping takes a long time
- Lossy audio output quality
- It crashes and doesn't work frequently
How to Convert Tidal to MP3 Free with Athame
Step 1. Please enter Tidal Web Player or open the Tidal desktop app. Find Tidal songs that you'd like to get MP3 files.
Step 2. Click the 'Share' > 'Copy Track Link' button to copy Tidal playlist links.
Step 3. Open Athame and click on 'Menu' > 'Settings' to log in to your Tidal account.
Step 4. Paste them in Athame's 'URL' text box. There is an 'Add' button for you to click to import Tidal tracks.
Step 5. The last step is to tap the 'Start' tab, it will start to convert Tidal music to MP3 for free.
Actually, Streamrip is an open-source Tidal to MP3 converter free that really rips music from the source. It is available for Windows and Mac computers. It allows you to download and record music from online music streaming services like Tidal, Deezer, SoundCloud, and Qobuz. What's more, it can capture and download music in MP3, AAC, OGG and NSV audio formats.
- Completely free to use
- Available for Windows, terminal on macOS
- Support grabbing music from multiple music streaming platforms
- Fast download speed
- Difficult to use and operate
- Cannot download in bulk
How to Download MP3 from Tidal for Free with Streamrip
Step 1. First, download and install the latest version of Python. Open a command prompt to run the following command: pip install streamrip -upgrade or pip3 install streamrip -upgrade.
Step 2. Once Streamrip is installed, type "rip config --tidal", in turn, it will rip and download Tidal music to MP3 via URL.
Part 4. Comparison of the Top 6 Tidal Converter to MP3
Can't decide which Tidal MP3 Converter to choose? You can refer to the comparison table below.
|AudFree Tidable||AudFree Audio Capture||Apowersoft||Aiseesoft||Athame||Steamrip|
|Supported OS||Windows, Mac||Windows, Mac||Online||Online||Windows, Mac and Linux||Windows, Mac|
|Input Formats||All Tidal contents||Any tracks||Any tracks||Any tracks||Tidal and Google Play Music||Tidal, Deezer, SoundCloud,and Qobuz|
|Output Formats||MP3, FLAC, M4A, AAC, M4B, WAV||MP3, FLAC, M4A, AAC, M4B, WAV||MP3, AAC, FLAC, WMA||MP3||MP3, FLAC||MP3, FLAC, ALAC, OPUS, VORBIS, or AAC|
|Retain ID3 Tags||√||√||√||×||×||√|
Part 5. FAQs about Tidal Download MP3
Q1: Can You Download Tidal Songs to MP3?
A: When you download music from Tidal, it is saved in an encoded format. If you want to download MP3 from Tidal, you need to use a third-party Tidal converter. There are 6 best Tidal converter to MP3 mentioned in this article you can choose from.
Q2: Why Do We Need to Convert Tidal to MP3?
A: Tidal offers Tidal Free, Tidal HiFi and Tidal HiFi Plus tiers. But no matter which subscription method you use, you can only play Tidal music on devices that are compatible with the Tidal app.
That said, even with a subscription to its service, you don't have full control over your Tidal playback. In this case, converting Tidal music to MP3 seems to be the perfect solution to overcome the obstacle.
Q3: What Are the Benefits of Converting Tidal Music to MP3?
A: * Listen to Tidal music on computers offline
* Play Tidal music on MP3 players without a problem
* Create Tidal music as Android ringtone and iPhone ringtone
* Set Tidal music as an alarm for mobile devices
* Burn a CD from Tidal MP3 files via other CD burners
* Backup Tidal files on any device, like USB, SD card, etc.
Q4: Is AudFree Tidal Music Converter Free?
A: It is not a free program but it provides a free trial version for users to test its features and function before purchasing it.
Q5: How to Download Tidal Music to MP3 Player?
A: You can use AudFree Tidal Music Converter. But note that before you start downloading Tidal music to MP3, please use a USB cable to connect your MP3 player to your computer. And then please set the destination folder as the music folder of your MP3 player in advance. Then, it will download music to MP3 player from Tidal directly.
Part 6. Video Tutorial: How to Download MP3 from Tidal
With these top 6 Tidal to MP3 converters, you can easily rip MP3 from Tidal for better enjoyment. If you ask which is the best, it is obvious that the most powerful AudFree Tidal Converter will be the first. It has what all the other tools do, but also has other things that no one else has.
With it, you can batch convert Tidal music to MP3 at 5X faster speed. It will preserve the original sound quality and all ID3 tags for a better listening experience. Best of all, it has a free version for you to decide if it's yours. Here is a step-by-step video tutorial on how to download Tidal playlist to MP3 with Tidal.
Step-by-step Tutorial: How to Download Music from Tidal to MP3