Q: Q: Where is the Tidal offline mode in the Tidal desktop app for Windows and Mac computers? I switched to Tidal from Spotify because of its MQA quality. But I couldn't find the offline mode for the Tidal desktop, even the 'Download' option. It's one of the important features I love when listening to music, especially for high-quality songs. Is there something I'm missing?
Music playback of MQA quality needs more stable networking than the ones of normal quality. The Tidal app provides an offline mode for users to enjoy music offline on mobile devices. But for the listeners using a desktop app, it's a pity. There is no built-in function to listen to Tidal offline.
But today, I would like to share the only practical way to get a Tidal offline desktop. If you are interested in this topic for a long time, please scroll down to read the solution below.
Part 1. How to Get Tidal Offline Desktop: Perfect Tool Required
Tidal offline mode on the desktop is supposed to be the most desired feature in many Tidal subscribers' minds. In recent years, more and more questions have appeared in Tidal-related forums. For example, 'can you listen to tidal offline on the desktop? Why doesn't offline mode for Tidal work on desktop? But years later, the answer was still disappointing.
Fortunately, this situation shifts because of the release of AudFree Tidal Music Converter. It is devoted to download Tidal music offline on computers running Windows and Mac OS. Put in another way, it can help you get Tidal offline on PC and Mac.
As a market-leading product, it is able to run high speed, stable converting many songs at once. It can also convert Tidal tracks, playlists, podcasts, audiobooks, and radio to offline MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc, on the desktop.
Besides, you can get Tidal offline files with lossless quality and complete ID3 tags. With the help of this intelligent tool, you can listen to Tidal music offline on the subway, plane, or in any area with poor network connection, diverting you from boredom with ease.
Part 2. How to Download Tidal Offline on PC/Mac
This professional tool is available for computers running Mac and Windows OS. You can use it to get offline Tidal files on Mac and PC. Now let's see how AudFree Tidal Music Converter breaks the Tidal offline limit in simple steps. You can use the free trial of this smart tool in the first place to test its performance before buying.
How to Download Music from Tidal Desktop Offline
- Step 2Modify Tidal output parameters in AudFree Tidable on desktop
- If you are a Mac user, please find the 'AudFree Tidal Music Converter' option from the menu bar in the upper left corner on Mac's desktop. If you are a Windows user, please hit on the first icon "menu" on the top right corner of the main page of AudFree. Then hit the "Preferences" > "Convert". A new setting window will show up to customize the output parameters of Tidal offline files. You can customize the format, sample rate, bit depth, channel, and more. To maintain the original high quality, you are suggested to change "Format" to FLAC or WAV, 'Sample Rate' to 48000 Hz, ‘Bit Depth' to 16 bit or 24 bit.
- Step 1Add Tidal songs from built-in Tidal app on desktop
- No need to download and install the Tidal desktop app, AudFree Tidable features a built-in Tidal Web Player. It provides an easy way to add songs and get Tidal offline on Windows and Mac desktop.
- To use Tidal offline, please find the song, albums, or playlists on this Tidal Web Player. Next, tap the item, the '+' button will be blue, which means it's available for adding. After that, tap on the '+' button to select Tidal files and wait until all files are loaded into AudFree Tidable.
- Step 3Download and get Tidal offline listening
- Simply click on the obvious "Convert" button in the bottom right corner of the main page. In an ideal network connection, the program will work at a 5X faster speed to download music from Tidal. Tidal songs can be downloaded to the output formats with other settings that you set before.
- The conversion will last depending on the number of songs and then networking. When the conversion stops, a red spot displaying the numbers of songs will be showed on the 'history' icon. Please press it to go to the local folder where all converted offline contents are saved in. You are able to listen to Tidal offline without using the Tidal offline mode desktop. Moreover, you can transfer Tidal downloads to other devices that don't have a network connection for offline listening.
- Video DemoHow to Get Tidal Desktop Offline Download
More Tips: How to Use Tidal Offline Mode on Android/iOS
Up to now, you can successfully get Tidal PC and Mac offline. It's well-noted that Tidal offline mode is the privilege of subscribers using mobile. If you are using an iOS or Android device, you can follow the below steps to use Tidal offline directly.
Access Tidal Offline Listening on Android
It is supported to save audio files directly on your Android device rather than listening in offline mode. Where does Tidal store offline music? Enter in "My Collection" to find and access Tidal offline music and other content.
Listen to Offline Playlist via Tidal Offline Mode on iOS
Step 1. Access "My Collection" on the lower right corner of Tidal.
Step 2. Choose playlists or albums.
Step 3. Click the "…" on the right of the title.
Step 4. Slide down and select "download" to get Tidal offline downloads.
Step 5. Hit on the "setting" icon on the top right corner of the screen.
Step 6. Find "Offline Mode" and enable it to open. Now, you can play all Tidal downloads offline.
By the way, it's also able to use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to get Tidal offline on desktop in Part 1. And then you can sync them to your mobile devices. By doing that, you don't need to use the Tidal app anymore, but use any media player to listen to Tidal offline.