The advantage of Tidal compared to other music streaming platforms is its HiFi quality and even better music. Tidal offers three subscription types, Tidal Free, HiFi, and HiFi Plus. Just like other streaming services, with Tidal Free, you can access millions of Tidal tracks online. If you upgrade to Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus, you'll be able to download songs for offline playback via Tidal Offline Mode.
However, Tidal for PC or Mac desktop app does not yet support offline mode. You are not allowed to download Tidal songs to computer. Many users complained about this and wanted to find a way to listen to Tidal offline on all devices. So, today we will share the best practical ways to use Tidal offline mode on PC, Mac, Android, and iOS platform.
Part 1. Can You Listen to Tidal Offline
Tidal offline mode is a useful feature that allows users to download and store their favorite content on their devices for offline listening. However, there are some limitations to this feature, such as device limits and the fact that it is only available on the Tidal mobile application.
Users can listen to Tidal offline on mobile devices, but not on desktops. It is only available for Tidal HiFi and HiFi Plus subscribers, and enables users to download and listen to Tidal music files on their mobile devices without an internet connection.
Part 2. How to Use Tidal Offline on PC/Mac
To enable Tidal offline PC and Mac, you need to download Tidal music first. Since there is no download option on the Tidal desktop app, you'll need to use a third-party tool. Thankfully, AudFree Tidal Music Converter can perfectly meet your needs.
AudFree Tidal Downloader is compatible with Windows and Mac and can download any Tidal content including tracks, playlists, albums, and more to computers. This also bypasses Tidal's limitation that you can only download entire albums or playlists, rather than individual Tidal songs.
With an ultra-fast 5X working speed, it can download Tidal tracks in batches. You can even convert Tidal music to MP3, FLAC, M4A, WAV and other popular formats. 100% lossless sound quality and full ID3 tags, including titles, album art, etc. will be fully preserved. So you can listen to high-quality, HiFi, and MQA music offline on Tidal on your Windows/Mac and enjoy a great experience.
How to Get Tidal Offline Mode on PC and Mac
To use this smart AudFree Tidal Converter, you need to first install it on your computer. Simply click on the 'Download' button above according to your operating system. Or you can go to AudFree's official website to download and install it. After that, follow the tutorial below to download Tidal music to a computer locally and enjoy Tidal offline music on PC and Mac.
- Step 1Add Tidal songs from Tidal desktop app
- Make sure you have the Tidal desktop app installed. Then when you open AudFree Tidal Music Converter, Tidal app will also open at the same time. It is designed to better add music from Tidal. You just need to drag and drop songs from Tidal to the main interface of this converter. Or you can copy and paste the song link into AudFree Tidable's address box, then click the '+' button to load it.
- Step 2Modify output parameters for Tidal music
- If you are a Mac user, please find the "AudFree Tidal Music Converter" option from the menu bar in the upper left corner on Mac's desktop. If you are a Windows user, please hit on the first icon "Menu" on the top right corner of the main page of AudFree Tidable. Then hit the "Preferences" > "Convert". A new setting window will show up to customize the output parameters of offline Tidal content.
- You can customize the Tidal output format, sample rate, bit depth, channel, and more. To maintain the original high quality, you are suggested to change "Format" to Lossless FLAC or WAV, 'Sample Rate' to 48000 Hz, 'Bit Depth' to 16 bit or 24 bit.
- Step 3Download Tidal music for offline listening on PC/Mac
- Simply click on the obvious "Convert" button in the bottom right corner of the main page. In an ideal network connection, the program will work at a 5X faster speed to download music from Tidal offline. Tidal files can be downloaded to the target output formats with other settings that you set before.
- Step 4Locate offline Tidal music on desktop
- When the conversion stops, a red spot displaying the numbers of songs will be showed on the "History" icon. Please press it to go to the local folder where all converted offline Tidal contents are saved in. You are able to stream Tidal music offline on desktop without any hassle. Moreover, you can transfer downloaded Tidal tracks to other devices even if they don't support the Tidal app for offline playback.
Part 3. How to Play Tidal Offline on Android/iPhone
As we said before, there is a offline mode for Tidal mobile users. It's the privilege of Tidal HiFi and HiFi Plus subscribers. If you are using an iOS or Android device with a Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus plan, you can follow the below steps to play Tidal songs offline.
Use Tidal Offline Mode on Android
Step 1. It is supported to save Tidal audio files directly on your Android device rather than streaming them online. Please open the Tidal app for Android on your phone.
Step 2. Find Tidal playlists and albums that you want to listen to offline. Click the "Download" button to get Tidal downloads on Android.
Step 3. And then, you can find "Offline Mode" section under "Setting" to turn "Offline" on to use Tidal content offline on Android.
Enable Tidal Offline Mode on iPhone
Step 1. Access "My Collection" on the lower right corner of Tidal.
Step 2. Choose playlists or albums. Click the "…" on the right of the title. Slide down and select "Download" to download Tidal music on iPhone.
Step 3. Hit on the "Settings" icon on the top right corner of the screen.
Step 4. Find "Offline Mode" and enable it. Now, you can listen to Tidal downloads offline on iPhone.
Part 4. Tips for Using Tidal Offline Mode
Tidal offline mode enables users to download their favorite songs, albums, and playlistsfor listening when they're not connected to the internet. However, there are some issues that users may encounter when using Tidal offline mode. So in this part, we'll provide some helpful tips for making the most of offline Tidal music.
Manage Tidal Offline Downloads and Storage Space
1. Choose the right quality level: Tidal allows you to choose between three quality levels for offline downloads: Normal, High, and HiFi. Keep in mind that higher quality levels take up more storage space, so choose the level that's right for you.
2. Delete old downloads: If you're running out of storage space, try deleting some of your older downloads. You can do this by going to My Collection > Downloads, and then swiping left on the download you want to delete.
3. Use Smart Downloads: Tidal's Smart Downloads feature will automatically download the next few episodes of a podcast or the next few tracks from an album when you're connected to Wi-Fi. This can help you save storage space by only downloading what you need.
Update Downloaded Tidal Content
1. Turn on Automatic Updates: Tidal allows you to turn on Automatic Updates so that your downloaded Tidal content is always up-to-date. To turn on this feature, go to Settings > Downloads, and then toggle on Automatic Updates.
2. Manually update your downloads: If you don't want to use Automatic Updates, you can manually update your Tidal downloads by going to My Collection > Downloads, and then tapping the Update button next to the download you want to update.
Part 5. FAQs about Playing Tidal Music Offline
Q1: How Do I Use Tidal Desktop Offline?
A: There is no official way to get Tidal PC offline mode. If you'd like to use Tidal offline on Mac and PC, please draw support from AudFree Tidal Music Converter. No matter you are using a Tidal Free, Tidal HiFi, or HiFi Plus subscription, it can help you get Tidal offline listening.
Q2: How to Get Tidal Offline Mode on Mobile for Free?
A: You can use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to let Tidal download music offline on desktop with your free Tidal account in Part 1. And then you can sync them to your Android devices and iPhones for offline listening for free. By the way, you don't need to use the Tidal app anymore, but use any media player to explore Tidal music world offline.
Q3: What Is Tidal Offline Download Limit for Devices?
A: The Tidal offline devices are limited to 5 different smartphones or tablets only at the same time via the official Tidal offline mode.
Q4: How to Fix Tidal Offline Mode not Working?
A: When you meet Tidal offline not working, please try to clear the cache, restart or install the Tidal app to check whether it works normally again. Furthermore, please check this article: How to Fix Tidal Not Working to troubleshoot this issue.
Part 6. In Conclusion
Want to listen to Tidal offline on PC and phone? After reading this article, you have learned how to do it, right? Downloading Tidal songs on computer with AudFree Tidal Downloader is very easy. It lets you download original Tidal music to your computer even without Tidal HiFi and HiFi Plus subscription. After downloading, you can use Tidal offline on Windows and Mac computers. You can also transfer these Tidal songs to other devices without Tidal offline mode and play them offline as you like.