Does Tidal work on iPod Touch? Does Tidal work for iPod Nano? When you subscribing to Tidal Premium or HiFi would like to purchase an iPod device to enjoy Tidal music, you probably have the same confusion.
iPod is a series of media players for music and videos developed and marketed by Apple, including iPod Classic, iPod Mini, iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle, and iPod Touch. Most of them are popular after released among Apple fans. But now only the iPod Touch is in production.
When it comes to Tidal and iPod, the answer could be totally different according to the modes of iPod. We will discuss this in detail in this article. Take it easy! No matter which iPod device you buy or have, you can find out the solution to stream Tidal on iPod.
View also: How to Stream Apple Music on iPod
Part 1. How to Stream Tidal on an iPod Touch, Nano, Shuffle
How to Use Tidal on iPod Touch
When you search 'Tidal on iPod' on Google, the results always are ambiguous. As a matter of fact, the Tidal music app is compatible with iOS 11.0 or later. That's to say, it supports iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Regrettably, there is no soup for other iPod modes, like iPod Nano, iPod Shuffle, etc. So here we don't separate iPod Touch to tell you how to get Tidal on iPod Touch only but introduce the powerful way on how to make Tidal work on all iPod devices.
How to Play Tidal on iPod Touch/Nano/Shuffle
iPod is fully compatible with both AAC and MP3. In this case, we can sync Tidal downloads to iPod by using iTunes. Now, the obstacle we are going to cross is how to convert Tidal to MP3 or AAC. Fortunately, the tool called AudFree Tidal Music Converter comes to resolve it. It is well-designed for Tidal subscribers to download and convert Tidal music, playlists, albums to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B in high quality.
You can see that the audio formats, MP3 and AAC are both supported to define as the output format. On this basis, it could be easier to play Tidal on iPod. It's also worth noting that it requires you to subscribe Tidal plan, if not, please get Tidal for free in advance.
Part 2. How to Download to iPod from Tidal on Desktop
The following could be divided into two parts. One is how to use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to convert Tidal songs to MP3 or AAC, the other is how to add albums to iPod from Tidal with the assistance of Tidal. Let's check the detailed tutorial below.
How to Convert Tidal to iPod Compatible AAC / MP3
- Step 1Load Tidal Songs to AudFree
- Please download and install AudFree software and the Tidal app on your computer. And then open AudFree Tidal Music Converter, the Tidal app will be launched automatically. You can start to discover Tidal albums that you'd like to use with iPod. Once found, please go to the item page, click the three-dot' icon to select 'Share' > 'Cope Tidal Track' button, and then paste it to the search box of AudFree to load Tidal songs.
- Step 2Define Output Format as MP3 or AAC for iPod
- To adjust the Tidal output format as AAC or MP3 that iPod can support, please click the menu bar of the top-right corner to launch the setting window. In this new window, you can choose MP3 or AAC as the output format. You're recommended to set MP3 so that converted Tidal files can not only be playable on iPod but also other MP3 players. Besides, you can customize the conversion speed, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Convert Tidal Music for iPod
- As the most-rated tool for Tidal, AudFree Tidal Music Converter could be the fastest software to convert Tidal songs and playlists. It runs at 5X conversion speed. Just click the 'Convert' button, and then you will get Tidal MP3 or AAC files on your computer for a while.
How to Sync Tidal to iPod with iTunes
Congratulations! Tidal songs can be played on iPod now. It's time to transfer Tidal songs and playlists to iPod with iTunes.
Step 1. Open iTunes on your computer and navigate to the 'Music Playlists' option to choose 'New Playlist' to create a new playlist to store Tidal songs.
Step 2. Click the 'File' > 'Add to Library' to transfer Tidal music to iTunes.
Step 3. Plugin iPod Nano, iPod Touch or iPod Shuffle into PC via the USB cable. In the iTunes app, please click the 'iPod' icon to load information of your iPod.
Step 4. Hit on 'Music' > 'Sync Music' > 'selected playlists, artists, albums, and genres' button to choose the 'new playlist' you created.
Step 5. Tap the 'Apply' button and then Tidal songs will be automatically synced to iPod.
Now, you can play added Tidal songs on iPod as you wish.