There are so many questions of 'Tidal to Fitbit' rising on Fitbit Community asked by Fitbit users, such as is there a plan to add Tidal app on Fitbit Iconic? The tidal app will be compatible with the Ionic in the near future?
It could be a cool and expecting thing if Tidal music can be playable on Fitbit devices, which makes this product perfect. Unfortunately, you will always receive the same yet disappointing reply from the Fitbit team. Please post this idea on the Feature Suggestions Board and make your vote. The more votes the 'Tidal on Fitbit' can get, the more likely this feature is to be implemented.
No exact answer you can get from both Fitbit and Tidal team. To take the place of waiting for an ambiguous solution, the better way is to follow my successful experience to play Tidal music on Fitbit Ionic with ease.
Part 1. Tidal to Fitbit Ionic: What Tool You'll Need
Since there is no an official Tidal app for Fitbit Versa and Ionic hitherto, the way I used to make 'Tidal on Fitbit' available is to transfer local Tidal music and playlists to the Ionic. The Fitbit Ionic features a 2.5 GB of internal storage, which has the ability to store Tidal songs on this smart watch and then you can listen to music through Bluetooth wireless headphones.
By utilizing this way, the only obstacle you need to sweep is download Tidal music as local files and convert Tidal to MP3 or other Ionic compatible audio formats. Fortunately, AudFree Tidal Music Converter can do them simultaneously, which is specialized in downloading and converting 'high quality' and 'Hi-Fi quality' Tidal music and playlists to plain audio files, like MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc. with 100% original ID3 tags preserved. By drawing support from this excellent Tidal Music Converter, it couldn't be easier to control Tidal music on Fitbit Ionic.
AudFree Tidal to Fitbit Converter
Part 2. How to Convert Tidal Music to Fitbit Supported Files
No matter you are subscribing Tidal HiFi or Tidal Premium and playing Tidal high-quality songs, HiFi tracks or MQA music, you can make full use of AudFree Tidal Music Converter to download songs from Tidal app and save them as MP3, FLAC, etc. on your computer. Here is the step-by-step tutorial you can refer to.
- Step 1Add Tidal playlists to AudFree Tidal converter
- AudFree Tidal Music Converter offers a direct way to add Tidal songs and playlists to it. Just launch this smart tool and then you will see Tidal app will be launched automatically. Now, you can start to discover Tidal music and copy the link of Tidal music by choosing 'Share' > 'Copy Tidal Track' button. Just paste this link to the search box of AudFree, and click the '+' button to load them.
- Step 2Set Tidal output format and other parameters for Fitbit
- To sync Tidal songs to Fitbit devices, you need to not only download Tidal playlists offline but convert them to Fitbit Ionic compatible files. To do this, you need to click the 'Tidal Music Converter for Mac' from the Apple top-left menu bar and then choose 'preferences' > 'Convert' to set output format as MP3, FLAC and so on. Besides, you can also customize Tidal output audio quality by changing the bit rate, sample rate, etc. as you like.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal to MP3 for offline playback
- When all setting are done, the last step you need to do is to click the 'Convert' button. So please be well noted that it is different from the one in Step 2. It is at the main interface of this software. Generally Speaking, it will run at 5X faster speed. The more Tidal playlists you have imported, the more conversion time will be. After conversion, you can locate all common Tidal files by clicking the 'files' icon.
Part 3. How to Transfer Converted Tidal Music to Fitbit Ionic
When you located offline Tidal music files on your computer, it's time to transfer them to the internal storage of Fitbit Ionic via Fitbit desktop app. Just follow the complete steps as below:
Step 1. Create a new Tidal playlist. Before transferring Tidal music to Fitbit, you can firstly create a new Tidal playlist with free tools, like iTunes or Windows Media Player.
Tips: When you choose iTunes, please transfer Tidal playlist to iTunes firstly and make sure you have enabled the 'Share iTunes Library Library XML with other application' option.
Step 2. Login your Fitbit account. Just download and install Tidal desktop app on your computer and then open it and login your Fitbit account details.
Step 3. Pair Fitbit Ionic with your computer. Now, please connect your computer with the Ionic watch with the same Wi-Fi network.
Step 4. Now, you can launch the Music app on your Fitbit Ionic and select 'Transfer Music' to import Tidal music to Fitbit app.
After this process finishes, you can see the Tidal playlist on your watch and start to listen to Tidal playlists on Fitbit Ionic even without Tidal app for Fitbit.