Does Tidal work with Google Home? Unfortunately, no. While Google Home supports multiple music services like Spotify and Pandora, there is no Tidal Google Home integration yet. It would be a wonderful experience to connect Tidal with Google Home and use the voice assistant on your home or mini. So, here we offer you some easy ways to stream Tidal on Google Home. You can do this with or without a Tidal subscription.
Part 1. How to Link Tidal to Google Home via Google Cast
As you know, Google Home has Chromecast built-in. It gives users the ability to play audio from their smartphones on their Google Home speakers. Fortunately, Tidal is included in the list of apps that support Google Cast. Tidal Chromecast feature allows the app to send high-quality audio and video to Google Cast devices. So, you can link Tidal to Google Assistant through the built-in Chromecast feature.
While there is no search function that allows you to play specific songs, you can use voice commands to control Tidal playback on your Google Home. You can use Tidal Google Assistant is ready to operate some basic voice commands such as skip, back, increase or decrease the volume.
Here is a simple tutorial on how to cast Tidal to Google Home.
Step 1. Please make sure your mobile device is under the same Wi-Fi network as Google Home. And then launch the Tidal app on your Android or iPhone device.
Step 2. Next, you can start to select and play the Tidal music that you'd like to listen to. At the same time, there will pop up the 'basic media controls' at the bottom of the main screen.
Step 3. Choose this bar to display an extended version of the 'Now Playing' screen. Then you can see there is an icon that looks like a 'tiny speaker' at the bottom-left corner, please hit on it.
Step 4. Here, you can see the 'Google Cast' sub-menu. And all Google Cast devices that are connected to the same Wi-Fi as your phone will show up. You can choose Google Home as the target device to stream Tidal music.
Step 5. Your smartphone connects to Google Home for a while, and then you can play Tidal on Google Home. You can take full control of the Tidal music playback using Google Assistant. Or simply use your phone as a remote control. Now, you make the Tidal Google assistant integration perfect.
Note: If you are using a computer, you will need to open the Tidal web player instead of the Tidal desktop application.
Part 2. How to Play Tidal on Google Home without a Tidal Subscription
It's easy to cast Tidal to Google Home via Google Cast. However, it requires you to have an active Tidal subscription. And in this section, we'll show you how to connect Tidal to Google Home without a Tidal subscription.
The necessary tool you need is the AudFree Tidal Music Downloader. With it, you can download Tidal music as your own local audio file. You can then upload the downloaded Tidal songs to YouTube Music and listen to Tidal directly on Google Home. Alternatively, you can try another method - stream the downloaded Tidal songs to Google Home via Bluetooth.
Whichever method you choose, you don't need a Tidal subscription. Most importantly, the AudFree Tidal Music Converter decrypts Tidal songs and saves them as yours. So you can use the downloaded Tidal songs on any device or player you want.
AudFree Tidal Music Converter
- Download music from Tidal without a subscription
- Convert Tidal Music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, etc.
- Stream Tidal music on Google Home, Amazon Echo, etc.
- Keep original ID3 tags and 100% lossless audio quality
How to Convert Tidal Music for Google Home
- Step 1Load Tidal Music to AudFree Tidal Converter
- Simply click the 'AudFree Tidal Music Converter' icon on your computer to launch this smart Tidal tool. At the same time, you will see the Tidal app pops up, which aims to make it easier to add Tidal songs. Please find the Tidal songs that you'd like to play on Google Home. Copy and paste the URL of Tidal Music to the search box of the AudFree program. Then click the '+' button to load them automatically.
- Step 2Customize Tidal Output Format for Google Home
- To make Google Home Tidal integration, please go to the top 'menu' bar and select 'Preferences' > 'Convert'. Then you can define the output format to MP3 or other common audio formats supported by Google Home. To get high Tidal quality, you are highly recommended to adjust the bit rate to 320 kbps and the sample rate to 48,000 Hz, etc. Don't forget to click on the 'OK' button to save the changes.
- Step 3Download and Convert Tidal for Google Home
- After you have done all the settings, click on the big 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface. You will see this perfect Tidal downloader starts to download Tidal MQA Music to target audio files you set before. After conversion, you can hit on the 'history' icon to locate all Tidal files.
- Now you have the compatible Tidal music files with Google Home. It's time to follow two simple instructions below to use Tidal on Google Home with freedom.
Method 1. How to Play Tidal on Google Home via Bluetooth
Step 1. Start by using the USB cable to transfer your local Tidal Music from your computer to your mobile device.
Step 2. Go to "Google Home Settings" and enable "Google Home Bluetooth Pairing". Next, on your iPhone, click on the "Settings" > "Bluetooth" > "Turn on" option.
Step 3. Tap on the "Enable Pairing Mode" option on Google Home to pair Google Home with your mobile phone via Bluetooth.
Step 4. Once paired successfully, you can play Tidal music on Google Home from your mobile device without difficulty.
Tips: If you prefer, you can also pair your computer with Google Home and enable Google Assistant Tidal easily via the Bluetooth function.
Method 2. How to Add Tidal to Google Home via YouTube Music
Step 1. Add Tidal to YouTube Music account. Open your YouTube Music on your computer and then log in to your account details. Then go to the 'Upload Music' option to locate the music folder including Tidal songs and upload them to YouTube Music.
Step 2. Set up Google Home. Launch the Google Home app on your device and tap the 'Account' to log in to your Google account. Next, you can click the 'Settings' > 'Services' > 'Music' button to set YouTube Music as the default service.
Step 3. Play Tidal on Google Home/Home Mini. Now, you can ask Google Home or Google Home Mini to play Tidal songs that you have uploaded to the YouTube Music account via voice commands. Besides, you can say 'Play a specific song (song name)' to listen to favourite Tidal songs on Google Home.
Part 3. FAQs about Tidal Google Home
Q1: What Music Streaming Services Does Google Home Support?
A: Google Home serves several popular music services such as Spotify, Pandora, Deezer, iHeartRadio, Apple Music, Google Podcasts, and YouTube music.
Q2: Is Tidal Compatible with Google Home?
A: Unfortunately, Google Home Tidal integration is not yet a reality. So, if you're keen to connect Tidal to Google Home, try the AudFree Tidal Music Converter. You can use it to download Tidal Music locally so that you can listen to Tidal on Google Home offline without a subscription.
Q3: Can I Use Tidal on Google Home Mini?
A: If you are a Tidal HiFi or Premium user, you can use Google Cast to connect your mobile device to Google Home. Then it's simple to play the Tidal content you want on Google Home.
Part 4. In Summary
Does Tidal work on Google Home? Although there is no Tidal and Google Home integration, you can still use effective alternatives to connect Tidal and Google Home. Using the professional AudFree Tidal Music Converter or Google Cast depends on your reality.
But it's clear that using AudFree Tidal Converter is suitable for all users. Because it allows all users to add Tidal to Google Home, even without a Tidal subscription. Plus, it not only supports Google Home, but also plays Tidal on Homepod and other smart speakers.