Apple Watch developed by Apple Inc can do more than what you think. Not only does it function as a fitness tracker to monitor fitness metrics and make wireless telecommunication possible, etc., but also integrate with other iOS and Apple services. For instance, Apple Watch can be used in conjunction with iPhone for data synchronization, and for communications and audio streaming when it is connected to a Wi-Fi network.
So, when you would like to listen to Apple Music while walking or running, you can use the audio streaming service to sync Apple Music to Apple Watch to make it happen. Follow the instructions below to play Apple Music on Apple Watch without iPhone.
Part 1. Listen to Apple Music on Apple Watch without iPhone After Sync
All music tracks on Apple Music are copyrighted. You are not able to play any of them on other device if you don't purchase from iTunes. But Apple Music provides the streaming service for its paid subscribers. If you pay to become an Apple Music subscriber, you have the right to stream Apple Music to Apple Watch for enjoying without iPhone. The following steps will teach how to do it.
Step 1. Open Music app and create a playlist. Add all music tracks you want to stream to Apple Watch to the playlist;
Step 2. Charge Apple Watch and enable Bluetooth on your iPhone. When your Apple Watch is paired with iPhone, open Apple Watch app and then go to "My Watch";
Step 3. Choose "Music" option and touch "Add Music..." button to add your created playlist. In this way, Apple Music is synced to Apple Watch. Next, you just make Apple Watch paired with AirPods or Bluetooth speakers to listen to Apple Music on Apple Watch without iPhone.
Note: The above method requires network connection and only works on Apple Watch Series 3 and later.
Part 2. Play Apple Music on Apple Watch without Purchase and Subscription
As mentioned above, on both of those occasions where you have subscribed the Apple Music streaming service or purchased the Apple Music, you can get access to the enjoyment of Apple Music on Apple Watch without iPhone. After unsubscription or without purchase, owing to copyright, you are not allowed to do this. Faced with a case like this one, we suggest an additional tool referred to as AudFree Apple Music Converter to lend a helping hand.
Adopting modern and high-end conversion technology, AudFree is in a position to convert Apple Music to MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, OGG, etc. at 30X quicker speed without compromising on original quality and metadata. Also, it delivers the ability to manually adjust codec, sample rate, channel, bit rate to achieve the output customization. If needed, use the inbuilt ID3 editor to create a unique title, album, cover, grouping, etc for converted Apple Music.
Upon conversion of Apple Music to common audio files, you can transfer it to any device including Apple Watch, Apple TV, Hisense TV, etc for permanent offline playback.
AudFree Apple Music Converter
- Step 1Load Apple Music to AudFree
- After the installation of AudFree Apple Music Converter, open it, and then iTunes will start automatically. To import Apple Music, please head to the "Load iTunes Library" button at the bottom left corner. From iTunes library, select all Apple music tracks that you want to play on Apple Watch and click "Add".
- Step 2Set output parameters for Apple Watch
- In the following step, please access the output format window by the click of the "audio" icon located at the lower right corner. Next, specify an output format as you require, and take a further step to customize the output parameters like codec, channel, bit rate, and more. Once finished, click on "OK" save your format settings.
- Step 3Convert Apple Music to Apple Watch
- Now, you have returned to the main interface. AudFree develops the editing feature to edit ID3 tags. Simply tap on the "Edit" icon to get it done if there is a need. Whereafter, start the conversion process by use of the "Convert" button. Wait patiently until the end of the conversion. The converted Apple Music songs will be saved in the current output directory.
- Step 4Sync converted Apple Music to Apple Watch
- When all Apple Music tracks are converted to your local computer, just add them to iTunes and use lightning cable or the same Apple ID to sync to iPhone. Then, stream Apple Music to Apple Watch from iPhone, so that you can listen to music on Apple Watch without iPhone and without subscription.