Apple Music is the bomb when it comes to playing continuous tracks any time your desired ones are finished. In fact, in this era, we even got cars that are equipped with built-in Bluetooth devices that will automatically play your fav-hits as soon as you hit the road. However, the auto-play feature in Apple Music spoils the broth for some users.
Many have asked how to stop Apple Music from automatically playing once the selected set is completed. If this bugs you up, here are several solutions to stop the auto-play of Apple Music playlists and podcasts on various devices.
- Part 1. Stop Apple Music from Automatically Playing on iPhone
- Part 2. Stop Apple Music from Automatically Playing in Car
- Part 3. Stop Apple Music from Auto Playing with AirPod
- Part 4. Stop Apple Music from Auto Playing with Timer
- Part 5. Get Apple Music to Stop Playing Automatically with Bluetooth
- Part 6. Stop Apple Music from Automatically Playing with Handoff
- More Tips: How to Play Apple Music Offline on Other Players
Part 1. How to Stop Apple Music from Automatically Playing on iPhone
Have you heard about the Autoplay feature of Apple Music? It will automatically select and play similar or random tracks after the Apple Music playlist ends. If it bothers you, the easiest way is to turn off Apple Music Autoplay. The first solution will guide you on how to stop music from automatically playing on iPhone.
Step 1. First, you need to start a song on Apple Music from your iPhone.
Step 2. Go to the bottom of the song's page and tap the icon bearing the "Three horizontal lines and three dots". This will open the "Playing Next" list.
Step 3. Check on the right of the "Playing Next" list for the "Auto-play" button. Tap on it to switch it OFF. You just stopped the Playing Next list, therefore, barring it from automatically playing.
Part 2. How to Stop Apple Music from Automatically Playing in Car
It is also common for Apple Music to automatically play in your car whenever you hit the road. So, if your CarPlay feature on your iPhone is on and you don't need any more tracks, here are the steps.
Step 1. Go to the CarPlay feature and click on "Settings".
Step 2. Then click on the "Screen Time" option.
Step 3. Choose the "Content & Privacy Restrictions" tab.
Step 4. Go to "Allowed Apps" and finally click on "CarPlay" to stop Apple Music from playing automatically.
Part 3. How to Stop Apple Music from Auto Playing with AirPod
You will notice that the AirPod plays Apple Music when you have your AirPod out of the case even if you don't connect them to your ears. Fortunately, you can stop this. Follow these steps to stop Apple Music auto-play with AirPod.
Step 1. Once you are connected, go to the "Settings" option on your phone.
Step 2. Then click on the "Apple" icon and select the "System Preferences" tab.
Step 3. Next, go to the "Users & Groups" section.
Step 4. Select the "Apple Music" option.
Step 5. Finally, deselect the "Open at Login" option to deter Apple Music from automatically playing.
Part 4. How to Stop Apple Music from Auto Playing with Timer
One of the highlight features of Timer is to stop playing Apple Music in a certain time. When the time runs out, your iPhone will stop Apple Music from auto playing, and you can also use this Timer feature to set sleep timer for Apple Music. Let's see how to get Apple Music to stop playing automatically with the Timer feature on your device.
Step 1. First, go to the "Clock" app and then tap on the "Timer" button.
Step 2. Now pick the interval time, using the time-picker.
Step 3. Press on the "When time ends" button and click on the "Stop Playing" option.
Step 4. Finally, tap on the "Set" option and then click on the "Start" tab to start the timer. Your Apple Music will only play within the set range.
Part 5. How to Get Apple Music to Stop Playing Automatically with Bluetooth
It matters which Bluetooth device triggers the Apple Music auto-play. When you identify the device, you can switch off Bluetooth and close cellular data to stop Apple Music playing automatically. Just follow these steps.
Step 1. Go to the "Control Center" section on your device.
Step 2. Tap on the "Bluetooth" icon.
Step 3. Toggle it OFF to close the Bluetooth connection.
Part 6. How to Stop Apple Music from Automatically Playing with Handoff
If you have tried the above solutions but Apple Music still failed to stop automatically playing, you can disable the Handoff feature to fix it. The Handoff feature aims to help users continue the playback of audio and videos on their detected iOS devices. Find out how to stop Apple Music from auto-playing with Handoff.
Step 1. Go to the "Settings" application on your device.
Step 2. Click on the "General" button then choose the "Handoff" feature.
Step 3. Disable the feature to stop Apple Music from automatically playing.
More Tips: How to Play Apple Music Offline on Other Players
Other than to stop Apple Music from automatically playing, you can also get your Apple Music tracks on other devices for playback. You won't then be bothered with the automatic playing whenever your Bluetooth is on. Rather, you will enable offline playback anytime anywhere on your devices.
AudFree Apple Music Converter is your converter choice for consideration. It supports both Windows and Mac operating systems to convert Apple Music to common output formats, including FLAC, WAV, M4A, MP3, and M4B formats at 30X conversion rate. By doing this, you can transfer Apple Music to any other device for offline listening without any hassle.
A Step-by-step Guide to using AudFree Audio Converter to Convert Apple Music
AudFree Auditior will losslessly convert your Apple Music to any common format. Just visit the official website or click the above download button to download the correct version of your device. It supports both macOS and Windows operating systems.
- Step 1Launch and register AudFree Auditior
- Once you have downloaded and installed the AudFree Apple Music Converter app on your device, click on its icon to open it. Then go to the "Menu" bar and hit the "Register" tab. Next, input your license key to activate the full version.
- Step 2Import Apple Music songs for converting
- Upon opening AudFree Auditior, the Apple Music app will also load simultaneously. Now, identify the songs you wish to convert to common formats. Next, add them to the AudFree Auditior by using the "Add" buttons. Note that the app supports batch conversion and you can add multiple Apple Music songs.
- Step 3Customize output parameters of Apple Music
- Go on to set the Apple Music output format and other preferences as you wish. Click on the "Format" tab and set the output format first. Then move on to define the audio properties like bit rate, channel, codec, and sample rate. To play Apple Music on more devices, it's highly recommended to export Apple Music to MP3.
- Step 4Convert Apple Music at 30X speed
- Finally, click on the "Convert" tab and let the app start converting your Apple Music songs to the set preferences. Once completed, locate them from the "History" folder and transfer them to any device or player for offline playing. You won't meet Apple Music automatically playing issue anymore.
Part 8. In Conclusion
You are now more equipped when it comes to ways how to stop Apple Music from automatically playing. It's such a relief for most users to listen to their Apple Music just when they need to. And for better results, you can simply convert Apple Music to common formats and listen to them offline on any device and player with the help of AudFree Audio Converter.