When talking about Audacity, the words that come to mind could be free, open-source, and class-platform. By adopting advanced recording and editing technology, Audacity is an easy-to-use and professional digital audio editor and recorder software. It's available for macOS, Windows, Linux, and other popular operating systems.
So can Audacity record Spotify? Spotify offers a large music library, from which music addicts can find any type of music. It's the icing on the cake to explore the music world if Audacity Spotify integration is available. Spotify users can listen to any music offline anywhere.
Fortunately, the answer is positive. In this article, we will illustrate the complete steps on how to record Spotify with Audacity for your reference.
Part 1. Why You Need to Record Spotify with Audacity
Before getting started to record Spotify songs with Audacity, let's have a quick glance at the reasons.
Spotify users can listen to songs, playlists, albums, etc. on devices easily. But it comes with lots of limitations for both free and premium members. Free Spotify users need to make sure that the devices have connected to the WiFi network well. And ads will pop up in the middle of the song unexpectedly and automatically.
Premium members don't have the same troubles we mentioned before for free users, but downloaded tracks can't be playable outside the Spotify platform. If the device is not compatible with the Spotify app, you will lose the opportunity to enjoy Spotify songs even with the Premium membership.
But if you record Spotify streaming audios with Spotify, everything is solved. No matter you are using Spotify free or premium account, you can do the following things. You can listen to Spotify songs offline without ads. You can get local Spotify tracks encoded in MP3 format. And then it's able to play Spotify on all devices, players, speakers, etc. without the Spotify app installment.
Part 2. How to Record Spotify with Audacity - Quick Guide
Let's come back to the original topic of recording Spotify with Audacity. Audacity is specialized in recording audios from both a microphone and computer playback. When you use Audacity to record Spotify, it will record them from the internal speaker of your computer.
To let Spotify songs compatible with more devices, Audacity allows you to export audios to MP3, WAV, and other formats. With Audacity, you can also add effects for Spotify tracks and mix the recorded Spotify files according to your needs.
Below is a quick guide on how to record Spotify music with Audacity on Windows. As the operation steps are similar for Audacity for Mac and Windows, you can also refer to the following tutorial to record Spotify with Audacity on Mac.
- Step 1 Set up Playback Devices to Record Spotify
- When you downloaded Audacity on your computer well, please launch it from the computer desktop. And then hit on the 'Edit' button from the top-left toolbar. And then click the 'Preferences' > 'Audio Host Box' > 'Windows WASAPI' button.
- Step 2Turn Software Playthrough Off for Recording
- It's necessary to turn Software Playthrough off when recording computer playback in Audacity. To do this, please select 'Transport' > 'Transport Options' > 'Software Playthrough' to turn it off. Or you can do it by tabbing the 'Recording' under the 'Audacity Preferences'.
- Step 3Start to Record Spotify with Audacity
- Press the red 'Record' button in your Audacity. After that, please play Spotify music that you'd like to record. It will automatically record a Spotify playlist in real-time. When all audios are recorded well, simply click the 'Stop' icon to save Spotify recordings to your computer.
Part 3. Audacity Alternative to Record Music from Spotify
In fact, the above is a simple tutorial of recording a Spotify playlist with Audacity. The user guide of Audacity is much more complicated than this, especially for people who have no knowledge of audio technical terms. In this case, is there an easier method to record from Spotify without using Audacity?
AudFree Spotify Music Downloader is your answer. It's a specialized tool for Spotify music. No need to play Spotify songs one by one, it provides a simple way to load Spotify tracks in batch. Besides, instead of recording music, it allows you to download Spotify songs as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, etc. at 5X faster speed. It will save your time and energy.
The highlight features of this perfect tool have been listed below. You can check them out. By the way, AudFree Spotify Music Downloader can work well on Windows and Mac operating systems. If you are using the Linux OS, you need to still record from Spotify with Audacity.
- Step 1Import Spotify Music/Playlist/Albums
- Different from Audacity, this smart tool offers 2 effective ways to add Spotify songs. You can drag and drop songs from the Spotify app to this software directly. Alternatively, it's able to copy and paste the Spotify links of playlists or albums to the AudFree tool. It will load Spotify songs in batch.
- Step 2Define Output Format for Spotify Songs
- To open the setting window, please click the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option. In the pop-up window, you can adjust output format, channel, sample rate, bit rate, conversion speed, and more. Also, it's possible to skip this step and directly download Spotify songs by doing Step 3.
- Step 3Start to Download Spotify with AudFree
- There is a big 'Convert' button at the main interface of the AudFree Spotify Music Downloader. Please click it to launch the download process that will end soonly. And then you can click the 'Converted' button to locate all lossless Spotify files and transfer them to other devices for playback anytime.
Part 4. In Conclusion
Here are all about recording Spotify with Audacity. There is no doubt that Audacity is the best tool to record Spotify music at no cost. But if you are the newbie to use Audacity, it could be a little difficult task. If you have met some troubles when using Audacity, you can turn up to AudFree Spotify Music Downloader to get your Spotify songs easily. Although it is a paid tool, it is really worth the money. Now, you can try the above two ways and find a better one to record music from Spotify.