When getting Spotify free trial for 3 months or 30 days, (only $9.99 per month later), you can listen to ad-free high-quality Spotify music offline on popular devices and platforms. Such as Windows, Playstation, iOS, Android, etc.
As for free Spotify users, there are some limitations to play Spotify music. One of the biggest disadvantages is that you are not able to download favorite Spotify music to devices for offline listening.
To play Spotify music on any device that doesn't connect to the network, it is quite necessary to look for a professional Spotify recorder. It can record music from Spotify as offline files.
Therefore, in this article, we will introduce three excellent Spotify recorders that can record Spotify with high quality kept for your reference.
Part 1. Record Music from Spotify with AudFree Spotify Recorder
When it comes to the smart Spotify music recorder, we highly recommend AudFree Spotify Recorder, an intelligent multi-track audio grabber for Spotify. Available for Windows and Mac operating system, it can not only record any content from Spotify, like songs, playlists and albums, but also save recorded Spotify music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B.
With built-in leading-edge recording technology, this powerful Spotify audio recording tool can capture music from Spotify with zero quality lossless. After recording, you can listen to high-quality Spotify songs on all devices and music players even without the Internet connection.
Plus, apart from recording music off Spotify, AudFree Spotify Recorder also supports for capturing other streaming music, including Apple Music, Tidal, Dezzer, Pandora, MySpace, and more with ease.
How to Record Music from Spotify with Spotify Recorder
Once installed AudFree Audio Capture on your computer successfully, you can refer to the following tutorial to record music from Spotify and save Spotify music recordings as MP3 or other popular audio formats as you like for playback offline.
- Step 1Set up AudFree Spotify recorder
- Double click the shortcut of AudFree Spotify recorder from the computer desktop, and you will see the main interface, in which there are a series of downloaded programs, like Safari, iTunes, QuickTime. If Spotify app doesn't appear in this list, you can touch the big '+' button to add it directly.
- Step 2Define output format and other audio parameters
- Before recording audio from Spotify, you can customize output format and other output audio quality by clicking the 'audio' icon. AudFree Spotify recorder supports MP3, WAV, FLAC, M4A, AAC, and M4B, you can choose one of them as the output format. In the same window, you are able to personalize other audio output settings, like audio codec, channel, sample rate and bit rate according to your special needs.
- Step 3Play and record songs from Spotify
- Please touch the Spotify app in the starting window, Spotify and the recording window will be launched automatically. Now, you can discover and play favorite the Spotify track, and you will see that AudFree is recording audio tracks playing on Spotify app simultaneously. Besides, you can also use Safari or other web browsers to play other Spotify music tracks, the recorder can also capture all of them and divide them to into independent music successfully.
- Step 4Edit and save recorded Spotify music as MP3
- There is an 'edit' icon at each recorded track, please touch it to cut and split unwanted audio segments and change ID3 tags, like year, artwork cover, title, album, artist, etc. Once all settings are ok, you can stop the recording process by quitting the browser or Spotify app directly. All Spotify music records will be saved to destination folder.
- Video Demo How to Record Spotify Music as MP3
- In this video, you can learn how to use AudFree Spotify Recorder to record Spotify to MP3 with ease. Just watch it now!
Part 2. Record Spotify with AudFree Spotify Music Downloader
Streaming audio recording tools are the smart choice to record Spotify songs and playlists. But one thing you should pay attention is that audio recorders are adopting real-time recording technology to grab audios playing on computer soundcard, which needs to takes a long time to get all Spotify playlists and albums.
To save your time, AudFree Studio also has released a Spotify music downloading tool, called AudFree Spotify Music Downloader, which is specially designed to record and download Spotify music as MP3 no matter you are using a free and premium account.
It's worth mentioning that it works at 5X faster speed while preserving lossless audio quality and ID3 tags and it offers the option of classifying output tracks by artist or album automatically.
How to Record Songs from Spotify with Spotify Downloader
The following step-by-step tutorial will show you how to use AudFree Spotify Music Downloader to record and download Spotify songs and save them as MP3 losslessly.
- Step 1Import Spotify songs to AudFree Spotify Music Downloader
- There are two ways for you to add Spotify songs to AudFree. You can directly drag and drop the single song or whole playlist to the conversion window of AudFree or you can right click the item of Spotify content, choose the 'Share' option to copy the link of Spotify tracks, paste it to search box of AudFree software and touch the '+' button to upload them.
- Step 2Adjust output format and other settings
- Now, you can enter to the left-upper menu bar and choose AudFree Spotify Music Converter -> Preference option, it will pop up a new window. In the 'Convert' menu, you can define output format as MP3 or others and customize the output audio quality.
- Step 3Record and download Spotify songs as MP3
- Please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface. This professional software will start to download Spotify music as MP3 at 5X faster speed. When the converting process is done, you can locate downloaded lossless Spotify songs in the history folder.
Part 3. Record Spotify with Audacity
Although the above two programs allow you to record Spotify music, both of them need you to purchase the full version to unlock the one-minute limitation of each track. If you prefer to record music from Spotify free, Audacity seems the best option, which is a totally free streaming audio recorder.
Before choosing this tool to record Spotify, there are two things we need to mention in advance. It requires you to install a plugin if you'd like to record Spotify as MP3. It doesn't support the MP3 output format. Besides, the output quality could be lossy.
Anyway, it's fully compatible with Windows, Mac, and Linux computers and can edit Spotify music as you like. Speaking of how to record Spotify with Audacity, because it's easy to use, here we won't clarify alone.
Part 4. Best Way to Record Spotify
If you still don't know to choose which Spotify recording tool, AudFree Spotify Recorder, Spotify Music Downloader, or Audacity, you can have a quick glance at the detailed comparison among three professional Spotify recorders.
|AudFree Spotify Recorder||AudFree Spotify Music Downloader||Audacity|
|Support Input Format||Streaming music, online radio, in-game sound, in-video music, online chat, live courses, etc.||Spotify songs/playlists/albums||Any sound|
|Supported Output Format||MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, M4B||MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, M4B||WAV, AIFF, Ogg Vorbis, FLAC and MP2|
|Conversion Speed||Real time||5X Faster Speed||Real time|
|Customize Output Quality||Yes||Yes||No|
Coming with the same price, both AudFree tools can meet your needs to record Spotify music for offline listening on any device and player even without subscribing Spotify Premium. But you won't be charged by using Audacity.
If you don't care the converting speed (Audio Capture records Spotify songs in 1:1 real time), AudFree Audio Capture and Audacity could be better, since it can capture lots of streaming music, like Spotify, Tidal, Amazon Music, Google Play Music, etc.
But if you are looking for a faster Spotify recording solution to save time, AudFree Spotify Music Downloader is the wonderful alternative to record music from Spotify at 5X faster speed with high-quality output tracks.
Now, you can depend on your personal requirements to choose the best Spotify audio recording tool that can record Spotify songs/playlists/albums to listen on devices without the network connection.
Have you used some other full-featured Spotify music recording software to record Spotify? Just share with us in the following comment area.