As one of the largest streaming music services, Spotify, founded in 2006, offers over 100 million songs for free access. Equipped with the Spotify app and web player, users can explore and listen to all types of Spotify Music on Windows PC, Mac, PC, iOS, and Android phones, smart speakers, and other devices with ease.
For the convenience of Mac users, today, we will concentrate on Spotify for Mac. This article will focus on how to download Spotify for Mac and how to download music from Spotify Mac with/without Spotify Premium. Needless to say, visit the main text to read more.
Part 1. How to Get Spotify Mac Download Version
When it comes to using Spotify on Mac, Spotify officially provides two ways to do so. One is through the Spotify web player, and the other is by downloading Spotify Mac app. But here, why do we choose to get a Spotify download for Mac? The reasons are as follows：
1. Music Quality. Spotify Web Player and Spotify for Mac offer different music quality according to your plan. With a free account, you can get 128kbps in the web player, while getting 160kbps in the desktop app. If you upgrade to the Premium plan, it's able to approach 256kbps bitrate through the browser, but 320kbps in the Spotify Mac app. Obviously, Spotify Macbook download offers much higher quality.
2. Offline Listening. There is a common perception that all Spotify users can only get online listening through the Spotify web player. To listen to Spotify offline, downloading the Spotify app for Mac is an essential part of the process.
🧐Tip: If you try to search for Spotify in the App Store, you will find that it's not available. You must download the Spotify app from the official Spotify website. Now, let's see how to achieve Spotify Macbook Download.
Download Spotify for Mac
Step 1. Navigate to spotify.com/us/download/mac/ and click the 'Download' button.
Step 2. Click 'Allow' in order to start the Spotify download in the pop-up section. Double-click the installation file to unzip the Spotify installer in the 'Downloads' folder.
Step 3. Click on the unzipped Install Spotify app and wait for the installer to download and install Spotify on the Mac computer.
With these simple steps, you can make Spotify for Mac download.
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Music on Mac without Premium
In fact, since with Spotify Premium, the downloaded Spotify files are temporary cached tracks. Once the Spootify Premium subscription get cancelled or expired, those Spotify downloads will disappear from your Mac. And due to the copyright protection, you can't transfer them to other devices for offline playback. So is there any way to download Spotify to MacBook as local files without Premium forever?
Fortunately, the answer is yes. With the help of a third-party Spotify downloader, you can make it. Here, we can meet AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Mac, a professional and powerful Spotify solution. It is well designed to locally download all Spotify content on Mac without a subscription at up to 5X faster speed. Meanwhile, it enables users to convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B files that are available to Mac for FREE and preserve the downloaded Spotify content for Mac permanently.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Mac
Download Spotify Songs on Mac for Free
Tools You'll Need：
- AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Mac
- Spotify Free or Premium account
- The latest Spotify for Mac app
- A Mac computer running Mac OSX 10.8 to macOS 13 Ventura including Mac 10.12.5 or 10.12.6
- Step 1Import Spotify Music to AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Mac
- Double-click to launch AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your Mac and the Spotify for Mac app will be opened automatically. There are two ways to load Spotify files, one is to drag and drop the target Spotify tracks to the conversion window. The other is to click the "Three Dots" button and select the "Copy Spotify URL" option. Then, please paste the link into the search box and click the '+' button to confirm.
- Step 2Set Spotify Output Audio Parameters for Mac
- Navigate to the top menu bar of your Macbook. Please select the 'AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Mac' > 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option to open the settings window. At this point, you can adjust the output audio parameters in the way you want, such as defining the output format as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, or others. You can also customize the bit rate, sample rate, audio channel, and codec.
- Step 3Download Spotify Music on Mac
- When everything is ready, please simply press the big 'Convert' button at the bottom right corner. After that, all Spotify tracks will be downloaded offline to a local folder on your Mac.
- ✨Where does Spotify download music on Mac: To find the Spotify Music downloaded on Mac, please click on the 'File' icon. This way, you can get Spotify Premium free forever and enjoy Spotify Music offline on your Mac whenever you want.
- 🏷Disclaimers: After you download Spotify on Mac, please do not share the converted Spotify Music files with others. In general, it is considered legal to do so for personal use only. We just aim to let Spotify users get better music playback and listen to songs on multiple devices.
Part 3. How to Download Spotify Playlist on Mac with Premium
Also, apart from the best way to download Spotify music on computer, running macOS operating system, we will also introduce the official way with needing a Spotify Premium account, which is for $9.99 per month.
Before downloading, please make sure your Macbook is with internet connection. Then, you can refer to the following steps. By the way, Spotify doesn't allow you to download individual songs alone, so please create a playlist for your favorite songs.
How to Download Spotify Music on Mac
Step 1. Launch the Spotify app for Macbook and log in to your Spotify account details. It must be a Premium account and not expired.
Step 2. Click on the playlist or album you want to download. There is a 'Download' button in the upper right corner of the Spotify playlist, you need to toggle the download switch.
Step 3. The Spotify song will be downloaded offline on Mac automatically. The download speed is mainly dependent on the network speed.
Part 4. How to Make Spotify Download Songs on Mac Online for Free
Apart from the two above-described methods, there is also a free and online way to leave Spotify download on Mac. All you need is an online downloader - Soundloaders. It can serve as a Spotify music downloader for Mac and Windows with an ad-free interface. This downloader helps you to download Spotify songs to MP3 format for free without needing to install a Spotify app. With it, you can simply get local MP3 files from Spotify for Mac.
How to Get Spotify Download Songs for Mac with Soundloaders Online
Step 1. On the Spotify web player, log in to your Spotify account.
Step 2. At the same time, navigate to Soundloaders website and select 'Spotify' from the left panel of the web page.
Step 3. Copy the single song's URL link from the Spotify web player. Then paste it into the search box of Soundloaders Spotify Downloader and hit the 'Search' button.
Step 4. Once the download button and the art cover of the Spotify song appear, tap on the 'Download' button.
After that, you can make Spotify download songs on Mac for free online.
Part 5. More FAQs About Spotify Download Mac
Q1: Why Can't I Download Spotify on My Mac?
A2: Generally speaking, you can't find and install the Spotify app through the App Store on your Mac device. Instead, you need to go to the Spotify website to download Spotify Mac version.
Q2: Is It Safe to Download Spotify on Mac?
A3: Yes, it is safe to download Spotify Mac app since there is not any malware software on Spotify. But the promise is to make sure you get the Spotify app for Mac from spotify.com/us/download/mac/ only.
Q3: How to Uninstall Spotify on Mac?
A4: To completely uninstall the Spotify app on your Mac, open the Finder > Applications folder to select Spotify, then right-click and select 'Move to Trash'.
Q4: Which Is the Best Way to Download Music from Spotify on Mac?
A5: Providing that you are not sure to select which way to download Spotify songs or playlists on Mac, please refer to the following chart and check it out.
|AudFree Spotify Music Converter||Spotify Premium||Soundloaders|
|Supported Input Format||Songs, playlists, albums, artists, podcasts, audiobooks||Songs, playlists, albums, artists, podcasts, audiobooks||Spotify songs only|
|Supported Output Format||MP3, WAV, FLAC, M4A, M4B, AAC||OGG Vorbis||MP3 only|
|Without Spotify Premium||✔||❌||✔|
|Lossless Sound Quality||✔||✔||❌|
|Keep ID3 Tags||✔||✔||❌|
|Preserve Downloads Forever||✔||❌||✔|
From the chart, AudFee Spotify Music Converter gets edges over the other two options and can satisfy all of your needs. Whether you subscribe to the Spotify Premium plan or not, you can download your favorite Spotify songs for offline listening with it.
Part 6. In Conclusion
Now that you know effective workarounds to get Spotify for Mac app as well as download Spotify Mac music with or without Premium, you can enjoy Spotify Music offline as you wish. With an comprehensive analysis, we recommend you use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to make your Spotify environment free and wonderful on account of its robust features. With it, you can make it to download Spotify music on iPhones, Androids, and other devices or players at will.