Kenwood is a well-known manufacturer of car audio systems. Their products are known for their excellent quality, outstanding performance and high value. In addition, since it is integrated with Spotify with a built-in application, users will be able to play and control Spotify directly on Kenwood. But how does it actually work? How to connect Spotify to Kenwood?
We will answer these two questions in detail. Also, if you are experiencing problems with Kenwood Spotify not connecting, we will also guide you to get the problem fixed. Take a quick look at this article and play Spotify in your car without any problems.
Part 1. How to Connect Spotify to Kenwood - 3 Ways
Not long ago, Spotify claimed that the app no longer supported launching from Pioneer and JVC-Kenwood media receivers. This means it will no longer be possible to launch the built-in Spotify app from the interface, but you should still be able to play Spotify from your mobile device via Bluetooth. Below is a tutorial on how to connect Spotify to Kenwood in three ways.
Every Kenwood stereo comes with a Bluetooth feature and supports playing audio from Bluetooth. So, you can connect your phone to the Kenwood and control Spotify playback on your phone.
How to Connect Spotify to Kenwood Car Stereo via Bluetooth:
Step 1. On your Kenwood car stereo, tap on Bluetooth to turn it on.
Step 2. On your phone, navigate to the Settings app and find Bluetooth to turn it on.
Step 3. Find your Kenwood car stereo from the list of supported-connected devices.
Step 4. Confirm connecting your phone to Kenwood on both your phone and Kenwood.
Step 5. Play Spotify music on your phone and it will stream to your Kenwood.
2. Spotify Connect
You can also connect Kenwood to Spotify from your mobile device by the Spotify Connect feature. Then you can play Spotify on Kenwood.
How to Connect Spotify to Kenwood via a Spotify Connect:
Step 1. Open Spotify on your device.
Step 2. Select a song to play and go to the "Now Playing" screen.
Step 3. Tap on the "device" icon at the bottom left.
Step 4. Select your Kenwood model and it will play Spotify on Kenwood.
3. Apple CarPlay/Android Auto
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are two apps that can help you stream Spotify in your car. Follow the steps below to get Kenwood Spotify connected.
For Android Auto
Step 1. Launch Android Auto on your Android phone.
Step 2. Connect your Android phone with Kenwood with a USB cable.
Step 3. Start playing a Spotify song on your phone and it will stream to Kenwood.
For Apple CarPlay
Step 1. Connect your iPhone with Kenwood with a USB cable.
Step 2. On your iPhone, go to "Settings" > "General", then tap "CarPlay".
Step 3. Play Spotify songs and it will stream to your Kenwood system.
Part 2. How to Fix Kenwood Spotify Not Connecting - 5 Ways
Many users have reported that they are having trouble with Kenwood Spotify not working. They said that Kenwood Spotify disconnected without a clear reason. In fact, if you are using Spotify Connect to connect Kenwood to Spotify, this problem is normal. This is because Spotify has announced that Kenwood is no longer covered by the Spotify app.
So if you used to use Spotify Connect to connect Kenwood to Spotify, you should drop it now. You can use a USB cable or Bluetooth to play Spotify on Kenwood. But if you are still experiencing problems with Kenwood Spotify not connecting, you can check with these methods first.
1. Check your internet connection. If the network is unstable, you won't be able to connect them both successfully.
2. Reconnect Spotify to Kenwood. Maybe there is something wrong with your Bluetooth. You can disconnect Spotify to Kenwood and then reconnect your device to Kenwood agagin.
3. Reboot your device. Some minor glitches and errors can cause this problem, try to fix them by rebooting.
4. Update Spotify. Outdated Spotify will make it hard to connect to your Kenwood.
If your problem still can't be solved, you can try the ultimate solution. Use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to play Spotify on your Kenwood stereo model. It enables you to batch download Spotify music with no audio loss, up to 5 times faster. You can also customize the output formats including MP3, FLAC, AAC, etc. After downloading, you can easily play Spotify on your Kenwood by using Bluetooth.
No need to subscribe to Spotify, you can download from Spotify for offline listening. Now install AudFree Spotify Music Converter via the "Download" button below. Then scroll down to get Spotify Kenwood connected without any problem.
Best Way to Fix Kenwood Spotify Not Connecting
- Step 1Load Spotify Songs to AudFree for Kenwood
- Launch AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your computer and find the Spotify songs you want to listen to offline. You can drag and drop tracks from Spotify to the main interface of this program. Or you can copy and paste the URL of Spotify music to its search box and click on '+'.
- Step 2Set Spotify Output Parameters for Kenwood
- You are allowed to choose the output format and do other parameter changes. To do that, please click the 'menu' > 'Preference' > 'Convert' option. And then, you can set the output format as you need, for example, you can choose the MP3 output format for playing on Kenwood.
- Step 3Download Spotify Songs for Playing on Kenwood
- Now, you can hit on the 'Convert' button and this program will download all your added songs in bulk. After downloading, you are able to listen to Spotify offline without Premium on your Kenwood without any Spotify Kenwood problem.
- Step 4Play Spotify on Kenwood Offline without Any Problem
- Transfer the downloaded Spotify songs to a USB drive. Then you can insert this USB drive to Kenwood. When it is done, you can play Spotify on Kenwood without any Kenwood Spotify not connecting issue.
Part 3. FAQs about Kenwood Spotify
Here are some frequently asked questions by Kenwood and Spotify users.
Q1: How Do I Listen to Spotify on My Kenwood?
A: You can listen to Spotify on your Kenwood using Bluetooth or a USB cable. And you can refer to the first part for detailed steps.
Q2: How Do I Connect My Kenwood Stereo to My Phone?
A: Use a USB cable to connect your phone to Kenwood, or you can use Bluetooth to pair them wirelessly.
Q3: Why Is My Kenwood Spotify Not Connecting?
A: Spotify claimed to remove its app from Kenwood, so you cannot use Spotify Connect to get Spotify Kenwood connected any more. You can use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to play Spotify on Kenwood without any problem.
Part 4. Final Thoughts
Since Spotify removes the convenience of reaching it directly from Kenwood in your car, connecting Kenwood to Spotify can be a bit difficult. But once you use AudFree Spotify Music Converter, the situation will be better. Because it is a powerful platform to download Spotify's music without Premium. In other words, you can listen to Spotify offline on Kenwood without connecting to a WiFi network. Also, since it doesn't require the Spotify app, you can enjoy Spotify music on Kenwood without any problems of Kenwood Spotify not connecting or working.