A good DJ always has a large collection of songs available for you to use, which you can pull and spin according to any mood. Professional DJ software can make it easier by providing tons of songs and playlists. Serato DJ mainly consists of Serato DJ Pro and Serato DJ Lite is one of them.
Most of the music consumed in this era is done through streaming services. And Spotify is the undoubted top-rating service in the streaming music field. So, there are many people wondering whether Serato DJ Spotify integration is available.
You might find the title 'Serato working quietly with Spotify integration' while doing a search. But there is no confirmed message of Spotify available for Serato DJ Pro and Lite. Thus, in this article, a proven method is listed to coach you to use Spotify music with Serato DJ software with ease.
Part 1. FAQs of Serato DJ and Spotify Music
What Is Serato DJ Pro vs Serato DJ Lite?
Serato is committed to creating and providing software in digital music mixing and DJ mixing. Serato DJ is a digital suite of tools to mix music for DJing. It is made up of Serato DJ Pro and Serato DJ Lite. The former is previously known as Serato DJ, the latter was called Serato DJ Intro.
Serato DJ Lite is a free version of Serato DJ Pro with basic features, which is suitable for beginners. On the contrary, Serato DJ Pro comes with many powerful expansions for professionals. Both of them are available for Mac and Windows operating systems.
Is Spotify Compatible with Serato DJ?
A professional DJ is always equipped with outstanding mixing software. There is no gainsaying that Serato DJ software is one of the excellent DJ mixing software. It offers a wide variety of features, like vinyl and CD-J control, library management, easy to use, adding FX to songs and tracks, and more.
Besides, Serato DJ has fully integrated with some streaming music services. You are able to access music from Beatsource LINK, Beatport LINK, SoundCloud, and Tidal in Serato DJ. But sorry to say that, Spotify is not included in this compatible list. If you'd like to DJ with Spotify on Serato, the necessary step is to convert Spotify music to MP3 or another downloadable format. .
How to Add Music to Serato DJ?
1. Buying Music. There are many online digital music stores, where you can purchase the full music and album. All purchased files can be added to your DJ library. You can purchase music from iTunes, Beatport, Amazon Music, Traxsource, Boomkat, and Juno Download and use it with Serato directly.
2. Free Music. There are 2 online music websites that allow you to get music for free, respectively SoundCloud and Bandcamp. You can find favorite songs and add them to Serato DJ for mixing diametrically.
3. Streaming Music. Subscribe to Serato DJ compatible streaming music services. And then you are capable of accessing corresponding music library in Serato DJ. For importing Spotify music to Serato DJ, please refer to the following guide.
Part 2. Make Serato DJ Spotify Integration – Tool Required
As consequence, to add Spotify music to Serato DJ Pro and Lite, you need to have a powerful third-party tool. It can help you download Spotify files as common audio files that can be recognized by the Serato DJ tool. Let's check Serato DJ-supported file types out below:
|Serato DJ for Windows||MP3, OGG, and ALAC.|
|Serato DJ for Mac||MP3, OGG, ALAC, FLAC, AIFF, WAV, WL, M4A, and AAC.|
As for the best Spotify to Serato DJ converter, you can have a try of AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader. It is specialized in removing the restriction built-in Spotify songs. It can extract plain audio files, like MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B from Spotify tracks at up to 5X faster speed.
It's worth mentioning that it also works for free Spotify users. You can download Spotify files without touching original audio tracks without updating accounts. Let's see how it works to import Spotify music to Serato DJ software for mixing.
Part 3. How to Get Spotify on Serato DJ for Mixing
You can download and install AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader on your computer installed Serato DJ software. Now, you can refer to the following tutorial to download Spotify music to Serato DJ compatible audio files. After that, it's easy to get Spotify on Serato DJ for mixing.
- Step 1Add music from Spotify to AudFree SpoDable
- There are two ways for you to add Spotify playlists and albums to AudFree software for converting. Please enter to Spotify app, it will be opened automatically when launching AudFree Spotify Playlist Downloader and then find favorite Spotify files. Now, you can directly drag and drop songs to conversion window or copy and paste the Spotify URL to the search box and click the '+' button to load Spotify playlists.
- Step 2Set Spotify output audio parameters for Serato DJ
- Please click the AudFree Spotify Music Converter from the top menu bar and enter to the 'Preferences' to 'Convert' option and then you will see setting window will pop up. You can set Spotify output format as MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC and another Serato DJ compatible audio formats. You can aslo define output quality (bit rate as 320 kbps, 256 kbps, 160 kbps, etc.) and change the destination folder as you prefer.
- Step 3Download Spotify playlists for Serato DJ
- When the customization finished completely, please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner to start the converting process. This smart software will download Spotify songs for free offline and convert them to target audio files for Serato DJ. When the conversion process starts, you can leave computer alone to run and take a cup of coffee.
Part 4. How to Use Spotify with Serato DJ Pro/Lite
After conversion, it could be easy to add Spotify music to Serato DJ from the destination folder on your computer library. If you are the newbie, you can follow the above detailed tutorial to connect and link Spotify to Serato.
Step 1. Launch Serato DJ Pro or Serato DJ Lite on your computer and touch the 'Files' option to open the files panel. On the left panel, please navigate to the folder location that you save converted Spotify audio files.
Step 2. Drag and drop the target folder or Spotify files you'd like to mix on Serato DJ software to the purple 'All…' icon. Just wait for a while, all Spotify tracks will be imported to Serato DJ software from your local drive and then you can use Spotify with Serato DJ for mixing new masterpiece.
Part 5. In Conclusion
Apart from buying music, searching for free music, and getting music on available streaming music services, now, you have the opportunity to add Spotify music to Serato DJ Pro and Serato DJ Lite. Thanks to AudFree Spotify Music Converter, it will keep lossless Spotify music quality for use on Serato DJ software. It's your time to make Serato DJ Spotify work together now.