Question: As a newbie in the DJ world, my friends recommend me to use free and user-friendly DJ software, Mixxx to get started. It works as expected and I can now fully grasp how to use it to DJ. But I can't figure out the possible way to use Spotify with Mixxx. After a lot of research, I found that Spotify has been integrated into some DJ applications. How about Mixxx and Spotify?
For DJs who start DJing and have no budget for DJ software, Mixx is the perfect software. It lets DJs mix on the fly. But it's a pity that Mixxx doesn't support online music, including Spotify currently.
Will you give up the big Spotify music library for DJing in Mixxx? Not necessary! There is still an effective way to make Mixxx work with Spotify. In this article, we will provide the best solution to get Mixxx Spotify integration. Read this page and you will master this skill easily.
Part 1. How to Make Mixxx Spotify Work Together
It's well-known that Spotify integration is available for non-commercial use only. But Mixxx accepts donations so that Spotify can't judge your intention to download a Spotify playlist into Mixxx. In this case, if you use Mixxx and Spotify for personal entertainment, things could be clear and simple.
As a free, open-source, and cross-platform DJ app, Mixxx supports lots of common audio formats. It includes MP3, AIFF, FLAC, Vorbis, and more. If your Spotify files are saved in one of the above formats, Mixxx can read them. And then it's able to add Spotify to Mixxx in your wanted way.
Here, we can draw support from AudFree Spotify Music Converter. Judging from the name, you might guess what it is used for. It is a trustworthy and creditable Spotify music downloader and converter. It helps free and premium Spotify users to download online Spotify songs, playlists as local files.
Besides, it supports converting Spotify music to Mixxx supported audio formats, like MP3, FLAC. What's more, it can keep 100% lossless audio quality and work at 5X conversion speed. With such powerful features, it won't waste your time but improve efficiency.
Part 2. How to Use Mixxx with Spotify
AudFree Spotify Music Converter is also a cross-platform Spotify to Mixxx converter. You can download and install the right version on your computer according to the version of Mixxx. After that, let's see how to finish the music stream to Mixxx from Spotify.
- Step 1Add Spotify music to AudFree Software
- First of all, please launch the AudFree Spotify Music Converter and the Spotify desktop client. To add Spotify songs, you can directly drag and drop them from the Spotify app to AudFree's interface. To add Spotify playlists, you can copy the Spotify URL link and paste it to the address box of AudFree's. Just click the '+' button, all songs in the Spotify playlist will be loaded automatically.
- Step 2Set Spotify output formats for Mixxx
- To convert Spotify music to Mixxx compatible files, please click the top-right menu bar if you are using a Windows computer. For Mac users, please hit the 'AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Mac' option from the top-left Apple's bar. And then, you will see a new window pops up. Please click the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' section to open the setting window. Now, please set the output format and other audio parameters for Mixxx.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music for Mixxx
- Press the big 'Convert' icon, the download mode of AudFree Spotify Music Converter will be launched. It will download Spotify music to the local computer at 5X faster speed. And the downloaded Spotify songs will be saved in the audio format you set before. They can be synced to Mixxx without limits.
- Step 4Sync Spotify to Mixxx
- Before you route Spotify into Mixxx, please find them on your computer by clicking the destination folder. Once done, please launch your Mixxx DJ software on your computer. Now, go to the 'Preferences' > 'Library' icon. It will allow you to add a music folder. Just locate the folder that you save Spotify audios, and select it to route Spotify audios through Mixxx.
Part 3. In Conclusion
These are all the steps to use Spotify music in Mixxx. No need to subscribe to Spotify Premium, just use the AudFree tool to do format conversion. You can not only add Spotify playlists to Mixxx, but also any other third-party DJ applications (such as Rekordbox, etc.).
If you have any questions about using Mixxx with Spotify or using Spotify in other DJ software, please leave it in the comment area. We will get back to you and try our best to fix it as soon as possible.