It is known to all that Spotify has the Spotify DJ Mode that's accessible in the standard Spotify app. It enables users to DJ with Spotify after subscribing to Spotify Premium. If you'd like to DJ with Spotify at a party, you have to first Spotify compatible DJ software. It's easy to find if you know what DJ sofware that works with Spotify.
But on Mar 24, the Algoriddim posted a new announcing Spotify will no longer work with third-party DJ apps starting on July 1st, 2020. Soon after, Spotify officially verified the claim. Under the circumstances, how to DJ with Spotify?
Just like the saying goes where there is a will, there is a way. After much research, we found an alternative workaround to use Spotify with DJ. Just follow this article to achieve it.
Part 1. How to DJ with Spotify - Effective Way
The Spotify DJ app will be not available a few months later. Is there a permanent approach to make DJ programs use Spotify? When it comes to using Spotify to DJ, the alternative way is to download Spotify music locally and convert them to common formats compatible with DJ software. By doing this, you can easily upload Spotify music to any DJ app and mix Spotify songs by yourself.
How to convert Spotify songs to DJ software supported files? A professional Spotify music converter can match your requirements. Here, we can meet the leading-edge one, AudFree Spotify Music Converter. It aims to download and convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B at 5X conversion speed.
From the output format support, you can know that the formats can satisfy almost all DJ apps. It's piece of cake to use Spotify to DJ. With the help of this tool, you will get rid of the question of what DJ software works with Spotify.
By the way, this AudFree Spotify Music Converter also works for free Spotify subscribers. That's to say, no need to upgrade to Spotify Premium subscription, you can also DJ with Spotify music.
Only 3 steps to download songs or playlist from Spotify. Here, we will demonstrate all the essential steps in detail to download and convert music from Spotify for DJ software. And then we will take Virtual DJ software as an example to show with you how to use Spotify with DJ.
- Step 1Import songs from Spotify to AudFree
- AudFree Spotify Music Converter also supports downloading an individual song. To add a song or a playlist, there are two ways for choice. Please it and the Spotify desktop client from your computer desktop. Then you can drag and drop songs from Spotify to the main interface for loading. Or you can copy the link of a Spotify song or playlist and paste it to the search box. Click the '+' button, it will automatically detect the URL and upload Spotify songs.
- Step 2Set output audio parameters for DJ software
- Almost all popular DJ software with Spotify can recognize MP3 format. Because of this, it's highly recommended to set Spotify output format as MP3. How to do this? Please click the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option to open the setting window. Shown as the above image. Please choose Format as MP3 and customize other audio parameters if necessary.
- Step 3Download Spotify songs for DJ apps
- Press the 'Convert' tab from the main window, AudFree Spotify Music Converter will convert Spotify songs you added before to DJ software compatible files at 5X speed. After conversion, please click the 'history' button with a red icon to locate them. All Spotify songs can be uploaded to any DJ app for mixing.
- Step 4DJ with Spotify in Virtual DJ software
- 1. Open your Virtual DJ software, and choose the 'Local Music' in the bottom-left corner.
- 2. Hit on the 'Hard Drives' to add Spotify music to Virtual DJ from your local computer. You can start to mix Spotify music with your Virtual DJ premium without a problem
Part 2. How to DJ with Spotify in Djay Pro 2
Spotify won't access through 3rd party DJ apps on July 1, 2020. There is good news for people using Djay Pro. It's able to use Spotify in Djay until that date comes.
If you have the Djay Pro with the Spotify streaming integration, you can refer to the following tutorial to DJ Spotify music directly.
Step 1. Launch Djay Pro 2 on your computer, there is a list of compatible sources. Please choose Spotify from the lower left to connect Spotify to Djay.
Step 2. You can choose the music that you'd like to DJ at your party directly. And then mix Spotify music as you like, such as Vinyl mode, configuring the audio device, mixer, auto mix, volume controls, etc.