Does djay Pro work with Spotify? In the past, there was djay Pro Spotify integration. However, Algoriddim had announced that Spotify would not be available in its djay app as of July 1, 2020. Spotify cannot be played through any other third-party djay app. This leaves djay users with a looming problem.
If you want to continue using the streaming service on your djay, one solution is to transfer to Tidal or Soundcloud. If you still want to use Spotify on djay Pro, then keep reading. Here we'll show you the best way to continue using Spotify with djay Pro on your computer or mobile device.
- Part 1. Get djay Pro Spotify to Work - Tool Needed
- Part 2. Use Spotify on djay Pro - Preparations
- Part 3. Add Spotify to djay Pro - Steps
- Get Spotify on djay Pro on Windows
- Mix Spotify with djay Pro on Mac
- Use djay with Spotify on Android
- Play Spotify on djay Pro on iOS
- Part 4. FAQs about djay Pro Spotify
- Part 5. In Conclusion
Part 1. How to Get djay Pro Spotify to Work - Tool Needed
While djay Spotify doesn't work right now, you can still DJ with other music streamings. You can transfer your Spotify playlists to Tidal or SoundCloud and then stream them seamlessly on djay Pro. However, this requires you to subscribe to Tidal HiFi or SoundCloud Go+. And once your subscription expires, you can no longer access them in djay Pro. So, we're here to show you another best solution.
You can download Spotify songs as djay Pro-supported audio files and then import them into djay Pro. This doesn't require any paid subscription, and all you need is an AudFree Spotify Music Downloader. djay Pro supports the use of many audio file formats, including MP3, FLAC, AAC, and others. And with AudFree Spotify Downloader, you happen to download and convert Spotify music to MP3, FLAC, AAC, M4A, M4B, and WAV.
The conversion feature of this tool will maintain 100% of the original quality of Spotify music. You can even get all metadata of all Spotify songs. This is a powerful Spotify downloader tool for any user to download and convert Spotify music.
AudFree Spotify Music Converter
- Download and convert Spotify to djay Pro compatible audio files
- Convert Spotify music to MP3 for use on djay Pro offline
- DJ with Spotify in any other third-party DJ software
- Save lossless sound quality with a super-fast 5X speed
Part 2. How to Use Spotify on djay Pro - Preparations
Now we will show you how to download Spotify music as djay Pro compatible files. And we will use MP3 as an example. Before we start, you can download AudFree Spotify Converter via the "Download" button above.
- Step 1Load Spotify songs and playlists to AudFree
- When you open AudFree Spotify Music Downloader, the Spotify desktop app will also open later. Go to Spotify and select the tracks for djay Pro. Then copy and paste the URL of the tracks into the search box on AudFree's interface. Finally, click on the '+' icon to load them automatically. Alternatively, you can drag and drop songs from Spotify to this downloader directly.
- Tip: Due to the Spotify API limitation, please make sure each link contains no more than 100 songs. Then copy and paste multiple links to AudFree Spotify Music Converter before conversion.
- Step 2Select output audio format for dj Pro Spotify
- You can reset the Spotify output format for djay Pro before conversion. djay Pro supports MP3, FLAC, and AAC so you can choose any one of them. Click the 'menu' icon from the top menu bar, and click 'Preference' > 'Convert'. Parameters like the bitrate and sample rate are also allowed to change. Here are the best output settings as reference: MP3, 48000 Hz, and 320 kbps.
- Step 3Download and convert Spotify for djay Pro
- Click the 'Convert' button on AudFree's interface and it will download your Spotify songs in batches. The program will automatically end when it finishes the converting tasks. At that time, please tap the 'History' icon to open the local storage folder 'Converted' to check the Spotify downloads. All Spotify songs and playlists are now available to use in djay Pro software.
Part 3. How to Add Spotify to djay Pro - Steps
djay Pro provides complete compatibility with all platforms, such as Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS operating systems. And djay Pro perfectly integrates with the local music library, which allows you to mix and play millions of tracks. Let's not waste any other second and dive right into it! You can refer to the following tutorial to learn how to DJ with Spotify on djay Pro on computers and mobile devices.
How to Get Spotify on djay Pro on Windows
Step 1. Install and launch the djay Pro for Windows on your PC. There is a small toolbar in the lower-left corner of the djay Pro interface. Please navigate to the 'library browser' and click it.
Step 2. There are some options for you to locate your Spotify music collection stored on a Windows computer. You can add Spotify music to djay Pro from 'Music Playlists', 'iTunes Playlists', and 'Explorer Folders'.
For Explorer: click on the 'Explorer' tab and then click the 'Add Folder' option.
For Music Playlists: Click on the 'Music Playlists' tab at the left side and then browse your Spotify files in Windows Media Player or Groove Music.
For iTunes Playlists: Click the 'iTunes' icon at the left strip of the library browser and then it will display your playlists.
Step 3. Select the favorite songs that you'd like to upload. After that, you can use djay Pro Spotify offline without limits.
How to Mix Spotify with djay Pro on Mac
Step 1. Download and fire up djay Pro for Mac on your computer and find the same 'library browser' in this app.
Step 2. Here are 3 options to get Spotify on djay Pro, respectively 'My Files', 'Music Playlists', and 'Finder'.
For My Files: Click on the 'My Library' tab on the left side and then click '+'.
For Music Playlists: Click on the 'iTunes' icon at the left strip of the library browser.
For Finder: Click on the 'Finder' tab of the library browser and then click 'Add Folder'.
Step 3. After the syncing process of adding Spotify playlist to djay Pro finishes, you can start to access and mix Spotify music files on a Mac computer.
How to Use Spotify with djay Pro on Android
Step 1. Please connect your Android device to your computer via a USB cable or WiFi connection. And then, please sync the downloaded Spotify music to Android phones.
Step 2. Open the djay Pro for Android and hit on the 'Playlists' button at the bottom corner. Here, please choose the 'My Music' option to load Spotify songs into djay Pro for a mix. You can also play Spotify songs in djay Pro offline.
How to Play Spotify on djay Pro on iOS
Step 1. djay Pro for iOS enables users to add local music from iOS device storage, such as iCloud Drive, WiFi hard drives, iOS hard drives, and so on. So, please transfer Spotify music files to your iOS devices in advance.
Step 2. Open the 'Files' app on your iOS device.
Step 3. Go to the downloaded Spotify song file that you want to add to djay Pro. Then tap the 'three dots' icon and then choose 'Open in'.
Step 4. Choose 'djay' in the pop-up window and then it will add Spotify to djay pro.
Or you can directly add music files on the djay Pro app.
Step 1. Open djay Pro on your iOS device and then choose 'My Library'.
Step 2. Browse the Spotify files you want to use and then click the 'number of files' and choose 'Add from Files'.
Part 4. FAQs about djay Pro Spotify
Q1: How to Switch from Spotify to Tidal or SoundCloud?
A: To continue using djay Pro, it is necessary to sync Spotify playlists to Tidal, SoundCloud, or Beatport. It helps to save time in searching for the same songs and recreating the same playlists. Algoriddim recommends users use Soundizz or TuneMyMusic for songs migration online.
NOTICE: The exclusive Spotify tracks are not available to sync. To keep those tracks playable in Tidal and SoundCloud, you need to download them as locally unprotected files via the professional music downloader for Spotify below.
Q2: Which Streaming Services will Replace Spotify in djay Pro?
A: Although the era of Spotify djay Pro compatibility is over, to use streaming in djay Pro, Algoriddim has expanded the other possibility. Now, you can see Tidal, Beatport, and SoundCloud is in djay DJ software for use. You can get them in djay for cross-platform use on its mobile and desktop client.
Q3: Why Does djay Pro Spotify Stop Working?
A: Spotify stops cooperation with the djay Pro app, the only partner in the DJ industry. A guess might be that Spotify is planning to add a built-in DJ feature to its app. Whether the conjecture will come true or not, what Spotify decided actually disappoints many DJs. But you can use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to get Spotify on djay Pro or any other DJ software.
Q4: Which SoundCloud Subscription Should I Choose for djay Pro?
A: The SoundCloud GO+ subscription. It offers subscribers to get over 200 million SoundCloud tracks in djay app.
Q5: Which Tidal Subscription Should I Choose for djay Pro?
A: The Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus subscription. It provides to use more than 60 million Tidal songs and 250,000+ high-fidelity videos.
Q6: Which Djay Versions Support the SoundCloud and Tidal Integration?
A: The latest versions of the djay app on Windows, Mac, and iOS allow users to directly access SoundCloud and Tidal.
Part 5. In Conclusion
Although djay app Spotify is not working now, you can still use Tidal, SoundCloud, Beatport, and Beatsource on djay. But you will need to subscribe to these streaming platforms. If you don't want to pay for them, you can use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to use Spotify with djay Pro. It allows you to download and convert Spotify music to MP3, AAC, FLAC, and more. After that, you can import the downloaded Spotify files to djay Pro for offline use. Actually, this AudFree Spotify Downloader allows you to get Spotify streams on any other DJ software.