Q: Recently, I subscribed to Spotify Premium to get offline Spotify files for better usage. But when I tried to import music from Spotify to rekordbox, I couldn't figure out how to achieve it. There is no first-hand tutorial for my reference. Does rekordbox work with Spotify?
A question that we often get asked is 'Which music streaming services are compatible with my DJ sets?" If you are using the popular DJ software rekordbox, the answer could be obvious. Currently, rekordbox supports the Beatport link and SoundCloud Go. That's to say, rekordbox is not compatible with rekordbox.
But wait, is there any other way on how to import music from Spotify to rekordbox? Cause it would be great as Spotify has a massive catalog with over 70 million songs. Fortunately, the answer is positive. We have found an easy workaround to fulfill the lack of rekordbox Spotify integration. Now let's take a look at how to use Spotify on rekordbox in two ways.
Part 1. How to Import Music from Spotify to Rekordbox - Tool Needed
Spotify allows all users to listen to music for free. And with an upgrade to Spotify Premium, subscribers can download Spotify music for offline listening. However, you still couldn't directly import Spotify playlist to Rekordbox with Premium. Because Spotify downloads are encoded in unique Ogg Vorbis format.
This is a special audio format that is readable by the Spotify app only. And it prevents users from using Spotify on any unauthorized device, including Pioneer rekordbox.
But no worries. All you need is third-party software to convert Spotify tracks to Rekordbox compatible tracks. After comparing the top 5 Spotify to MP3 converters on the market, here I recommend the AudFree Spotify Music Converter.
It's a smart tool designed to solve all kinds of compatibility issues with Spotify. This great program can convert Spotify to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B at a 5X speed. No Spotify Premium is needed and you can get Spotify songs on Rekordbox with ease.
Adopting advanced technology, AudFree Spotify to rekordbox converter can keep the original audio quality. It is also intelligent enough to detect and keep all metadata of the music such as artist, genre, album art. Due to this function, when you connect Spotify to Rekordbox, you will see all the information displayed and organized.
It also allows you to change other audio parameters, like channel, bit rate, and sample rate. With the help of it, every Spotify track will be free from protection with other things untouched.
Part 2. How to Convert Spotify Songs for Using on Rekordbox
Now let's go over the step-by-step tutorial. You can learn how to download and convert Spotify to Rekordbox so you can DJ with Spotify. Before getting started, please make sure you have downloaded the free trial version of Spotify to rekordbox converter. The Spotify desktop app is also required to complete the process as well.
- Step 1Add Spotify music to AudFree
- Launch the professional Spotify to rekordbox converter. And then the Spotify app will open automatically at the same time. Find the Spotify track/album/playlist that you wish to play on Rekordbox. You can add Spotify music for use with Rekordbox by dragging and dropping action. Alternatively, you can copy the Spotify URL and paste it to the search bar in AudFree and then hit the '+' icon next to it.
- Step 2Alter Spotify output format for Rekordbox
- To use Spotify with rekordbox, you need to enable rekordbox to recognize Spotify songs. When all Spotify songs are imported to AudFree, please customize the output settings. Go to the menu from the upper-right corner and click "Preferences" to open the settings windows.
- Go to the "Convert" section and you can select the output format to make it compatible with Rekordbox. Rekordbox supports playing music files in FLAC, WAV, MP3, AAC, etc., and you can select one format among them. If you want, you can also customize other output parameters.
- Step 3Make rekordbox and Spotify compatible
- You can click the big "Convert" button to start the conversion. Please wait for the downloading and converting process done. After conversion, please simply click the converted icon to open the history list. You can locate all Spotify music files in the output folder. Now, Spotify and rekordbox can work together perfectly.
Part 3. How to Transfer Music from Spotify to Rekordbox
Congratulations! There is only one final step left to use Spotify songs in rekordbox. There are 2 ways available to add Spotify music to rekordbox, respectively from hard drive and iTunes. You can follow the instructions below to do that.
Import Spotify Playlist to Rekordbox from Hard Drive
Step 1. Open the music folder, in which you keep the converted Spotify files
Step 2. Please the rekordbox DJ software and highlight the 'Collection' icon on the left side of the playlist tree.
Step 3. Drag the converted Spotify music files into Rekordbox's track window.
Step 4. After Rekordbox analyzed the track data, you can use Spotify in Rekordbox freely. You can modify grids, set cue points, and others for free.
Transfer Spotify Music to Rekordbox from iTunes
Step 1. Please make sure you have transferred Spotify music to iTunes in advance. And then, please navigate to the 'iTunes' option, it will expand the tree.
Step 2. It's able to add Spotify music from the entire track connection or iTunes playlists.
Step 3. Select the Spotify songs to add them, rekordbox will automatically import them. After that, you can play Spotify on rekordbox or edit them in your wanted way.
Part 4. In Conclusion
That's all about importing music from Spotify to rekordbox. To be honest, this Spotify to rekordbox converter from AudFree Software is very easy to operate. With the help of this tool, you can easily use Spotify on rekordbox. What's more, you can also DJ Spotify with other DJ software, like iMovie, Virtual DJ, Traktor DJ, and more. Have fun DJing with Rekordbox and Spotify. If you have other useful tips about this topic, leave a comment down below to share with us!