What is Scrobbling? It is a behavior of tracking the music that you have played. This is what Last.FM mainly focuses on, a third-party software that is used to track and keep your listening history from different streaming music platforms such as Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, YouTube, SoundCloud, Google Play Music and so on. It is very convenient for you to scrobble music from any one of those music apps on the desktop, iOS devices or Android phones.
So how scrobble Spotify with Last.FM? Today, in this article, you will know about how Last.FM and Spotify work, get a thorough method to scrobble Spotify music by Last.FM, and most importantly, learn the best way to download Spotify scrobbling with few clicks.
Part 1. How to Connect Spotify to Last.FM and Scrobble Spotify Music
Since Last.FM is no longer on the Spotify app, whether on the desktop app or mobile app, now you have to connect Spotify to your Last.Fm account by authorizing Last.Fm to access your Spotify data.
Therefore, before we get Spotify scrobbled, let's start from the set-up process: Please go to the Last.FM website and type in your ID info. Once you've logged in your account, there are 2 methods to connect Last.FM to Spotify.
Step 1. Find and tap on your profile picture which is on the upper right corner of the website. And click to Settings to open the Applications option.
Step 2. To start the scrobbling, you need to click to the Connect bar to the Spotify logo. If this is your first time to make the connection, you will be required to sign in your Spotify account by entering username and password.
Step 1. Navigate to the Last.FM About page. Then hit on the Track My Music tab on the top of the page.
Step 2. Scroll down until you see the Spotify logo. Entre in it and click to Connect tab next to it.
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Scrobbling as Local Files
What You Need
Last.FM surely works great across so many popular streaming music services, but the strange thing is that you can't find Apple Music on Last.FM application. In case that Spotify disappear on it someday, it is better to have a plan B. To download the entire Spotify tracks as local files is the best way to store music data, which is more than just keep tracking the listening history of Spotify.
Spotify offers a premium plan for music downloading, but we all know that it is not truly downloading. To truly download Spotify songs, you need help from a third-party music downloader, which name is AudFree Spotify Music Downloader. Specialized in unlocking limits from Spotify tracks, this smart tool is capable of downloading and converting Spotify OGG to local common files like MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B, etc. without losing any quality.
Adopting the latest converting technology, AudFree Spotify Music Downloader works at 5X super-fast speed to download a batch of songs (up to 100) from Spotify with 100% original metadata saved. ID3 tags like Artist, title, album art, etc. will be stored in the converted files for easy management.
How to Scrobble Spotify Music by AudFree
To download and convert Spotify tracks and Spotify scrobbling, please follow the steps below.
- Step 1Stream and input songs from Spotify to AudFree
- Launch AudFree Spotify Music Downloader. And the Spotify desktop app will be auto-opened. Directly drag and drop the track from Spotify to the main blank of AudFree. And tap on the '+' button to add it in AudFree. Or you can copy the relevant URL and paste it to the search bar on the top of the software. Wait until all the music files are added successfully.
- Step 2Change the output options in AudFree
- Windows users please click to the menu icon on the top line of AudFree. Then choose to Preferences to open the Convert tab. Mac users please find the menu tab of the Mac, which is on the top left corner of the entire screen. Then tap on AudFree Spotify Music Converter. After that, you are entering in the settings page. Here, you can reset the output options like format, bit rate, sample rate, channel, etc.
- Step 3Download Spotify songs as files on local computer
- When you are satisfied with the settings, please press on the Save to commit to the setting process. Then hit on Convert to start downloading and converting. After the conversion is over, please follow the on-screen prompts to check the destinated folder where all the local Spotify tracks are stored.
Since June 2018, Last.FM has also supported to scrobble locally songs that you play. It is still available to use Last.FM scrobbler to track your local Spotify streams.
Tips: What are Advantage and Disadvantage of Scrobbling Spotify
If you have not to figure out why people choose to scrobble Spotify on Last.FM, you can read the pros and cons as follows to decide whether you need this function.
Pro: Offline scrobbling. Last.FM can scrobble the last 50 songs that you played on Spotify before you connect to the internet.
Con: Lacking privacy. Last.FM is owned by CBS Interactive; an big entertainment company that runs various network brands such as CNET, CBS News, MetroLyrics, GameSpot, and ZDNet. Your personal data of music listening may be used by CBS to further refine the profile.