"Can I get a song from Spotify account to iTunes library? I see the option in Spotify to import playlist from iTunes. But how about the opposite way? Can you advise how to transfer the songs I download from Spotify to my iTunes library on my laptop? Thanks. "
You may also meet the same problem when you are trying to switch subscription from Spotify to iTunes or burn Spotify music to CDs via iTunes. But unfortunately, currently there's no official support from iTunes for Spotify songs yet. In other words, if you want to transfer Spotify music to iTunes, you need to seek for a third-party solution. Thankfully, there are many smart tools that can convert Spotify music to iTunes easily. Here we are going to introduce one of the most effective ways to help you download and transfer music library from Spotify to iTunes for offline listening.
Part 1. Spotify Music & iTunes: What You Should Know
You may still wonder why there's no direct way to transfer Spotify songs to iTunes account. That's because in order to prevent anyone copying Spotify songs to unauthorized platforms, Spotify encodes all the streaming tracks with DRM (Digital Rights Management). In result, only Spotify premium subscribers who pay $9.99 monthly fees have the right to download Spotify music offline. However, they are still forbidden to move Spotify songs to iTunes library due to the DRM protection. In conclusion, to make Spotify music recognizable by iTunes, the key point is to find out a tool to remove DRM from Spotify songs and playlists.
Part 2. Best Tool You'll Need to Download Spotify Music to iTunes
When talking about the best tool to bypass DRM from Spotify, we highly recommend AudFree Spotify Music Converter. As a dedicated Spotify music tool, it's well designed for both Spotify free and premium users to download DRM-free Spotify songs with lossless music quality retained. While removing the DRM, it's able to convert the Spotify songs from OGG Vorbis to common MP3, AAC, WAV and other formats. In addition, it can keep and fix the original ID3 tags and metadata including track number, title, cover, album, artist, etc. Thanks to this smart Spotify music downloader, you can easily download songs and playlists from Spotify to iTunes even if you are using free account of Spotify.
Part 3. Steps to Convert Spotify Songs/Playlists to iTunes Library
Now the following guide will show you how to use AudFree Spotify Music Converter to remove DRM protection and transfer Spotify songs to iTunes library step by step. Before getting started, make sure you've already installed the free trial version of this smart tool.
- Step 1Drag Spotify tracks to AudFree
- First of all, open AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your Mac or PC. Then it will launch Spotify app automatically. Once loaded, go to your Spotify account and browse the store to find out the songs you need to download to iTunes. Then simply drag the links to AudFree main window and it will detect the songs intelligently. Or you can copy and paste the music URL to the search box of AudFree and click '+' icon to load the tracks or playlists.
- Note: Make sure your Spotify desktop client is the web version instead of Windows Store version. Otherwise AudFree Spotify Converter won't work as expected.
- Step 2Choose output format
- Once the songs are imported to AudFree, simply click the menu bar > Preferences > Convert to select output format and set other preferences including audio bit rate, channel, sample rate, etc. If you want to convert the music in stable mode and avoid any conversion error, you are suggested to set the conversion speed at 1X. Since you need to transfer Spotify music to iTunes library, you are highly recommended to choose the MP3 or AAC as output format here. Then move on to the next step.
- Step 3Start to convert Spotify songs to DRM-free formats
- Now click 'Convert' button to let the program downloading and converting the Spotify music to MP3. After the conversion, click the 'history' icon to locate the DRM-free Spotify songs and get ready to transfer the converted Spotify music to iTunes library.
- Step 4Import Spotify music to iTunes
- You got two methods to transfer converted Spotify songs to iTunes library. Follow the instructions below:
- Method 1: Drag the DRM-free Spotify music file or folder from the desktop to the iTunes window and wait until they are completely imported.
- Method 2: Open iTunes, click menu bar > Files > Add to Library. Then browse your computer to locate the specific file or folder, and click Open.
Part 4. Extra Tips: Simple Guide to Transfer iTunes Songs to Spotify Account
Now you already known the solution to move Spotify songs to iTunes? How about the other way around? We mean transferring iTunes songs to Spotify library. If you are new to Spotify, simply read on the quick tips here to see how to import iTunes library to Spotify account with ease.
Step 1. Open the Spotify app, and go to Edit > Preferences and then scroll down until you see the 'Local Files' box.
Step 2. Click 'Add Source' to locate the iTunes local music files or the target folder.
Step 3. Copy and paste all iTunes songs to Spotify's Songs.
Note: This method only works with songs downloaded from iTunes Store. Spotify doesn't support tracks downloaded from Apple Music Store as they are also protected by DRM. But don't worry. If your music library is merely from Apple Music, just use AudFree Apple Music Converter to convert Apple Music M4P to MP3 before transferring the songs from iTunes to Spotify.