Q: "How to download music from Spotify to iTunes? I see the option in Spotify to import playlists from iTunes. But how about the opposite way? Can you tell me how to transfer songs from Spotify to iTunes on my laptop? Thanks. "
You may encounter the same problem many times in different situations. For example, you are trying to switch subscription from Spotify to iTunes. Or you want to burn Spotify music to CDs via iTunes. But unfortunately, currently, there's no official support yet. In other words, if you want to transfer Spotify playlist to iTunes, you need to seek a third-party solution.
Thankfully, there are many smart tools that can achieve this easily. Here we are going to introduce one of the most effective ways. You can get help to transfer Spotify to iTunes for offline listening.
Part 1. Why Can't Import Spotify Playlist to iTunes Directly
You may still wonder why there's no direct way to download Spotify playlist to iTunes account. Let's give a complete explanation.
To avoid unauthorized sharing, Spotify encodes all the streaming tracks with DRM. As result, only Spotify premium subscribers who pay $9.99 monthly fees have the right to download Spotify music offline. But, they are still forbidden to import Spotify playlist to iTunes.
Because Spotify songs are encoded in a special format. It is not compatible with the iTunes library. To make Spotify music recognizable by iTunes, the key point is to find out a tool to convert Spotify music to iTunes compatible files.
Part 2. How to Download Spotify Songs to iTunes - Best Tool
Speaking of the best tool to do Spotify format conversion, we highly recommend AudFree Spotify Music Converter. As a dedicated Spotify music tool, it's well designed for both Spotify free and premium users. It can download Spotify songs with lossless music quality retained.
It's able to convert the Spotify songs from OGG Vorbis to iTunes supported files, like M4A. Also, it can convert Spotify to other common files, including MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, and M4B. Besides, it can keep and fix the original ID3 tags and metadata including track number, title, cover, album, artist.
Thanks to this smart Spotify to iTunes converter, you can easily download songs from Spotify to iTunes. Again, you don't need to update to Spotify subscription to do that.
How to Download Music from Spotify for iTunes
Now the following guide will show you how Spotify to iTunes converter works. Here, we will take the Windows version as an example. You can learn how to transfer music from Spotify to iTunes on Windows step by step. Before getting started, make sure you've already installed the free trial version of this smart tool.
- Step 1Drag Spotify songs to AudFree
- First of all, open AudFree Spotify Music Converter on your Windows computer. Then it will launch the Spotify app automatically. Once loaded, go to your Spotify account and browse the store to find out the songs you need to download to iTunes. Drag the songs to AudFree main window and it will detect the songs intelligently. Or you can copy and paste the music URL to the search box of AudFree. Click the '+' icon to load the tracks or playlists.
- Step 2Choose Spotify output format for iTunes
- Once the songs are imported to AudFree, simply click the menu bar > 'Preferences' > 'Convert'. You can start to select the output format for iTunes and set other preferences. You can change the audio bit rate, channel, sample rate, and more. If you want to convert the music in stable mode, you are suggested to set the conversion speed at 1X. Since you need to transfer Spotify to iTunes, you need to choose the MP3 or M4A as output format here. Then move on to the next step.
- Step 3Download and convert Spotify to iTunes
- Now click the 'Convert' button to let the program downloading Spotify songs for iTunes. After the conversion, click the 'history' icon to locate the unprotected Spotify songs. And then, you can get ready to transfer the converted Spotify songs to iTunes library.
Part 3. How to Transfer Spotify Songs from Spotify to iTunes
Now, you can transfer Spotify songs to iTunes without a limitation. Before getting started, please launch the iTunes app on your computer. Follow the instructions below:
Method 1: Drag the Spotify music file or folder from the desktop to the iTunes window. Wait until they are completely imported.
Method 2: Open iTunes, click menu bar > 'Files' > 'Add to Library'. Then browse your computer to locate the specific file or folder, and click Open.
Select a Spotify song in your iTunes library to play it. If you have any issues when transferring songs from Spotify to iTunes, please leave them in the comment area. We will try our best to help you fix it.