Speaking of playing Spotify music and playlists on devices without built-in Spotify app, the best way is to export Spotify playlists and sync them to other devices for listening.
However, no matter for which purpose to export Spotify playlists, like switching Spotify to other streaming music services, like Apple Music, Google Play Music, Amazon Music, etc., playing Spotify songs on portable devices, like Fitbit Verse and so on, there is no official way allowing you to make them possible.
Is there no alternative solution to get rid of the lock of Spotify app when enjoying Spotify playlists? Not really! In this article, we will introduce a perfect way on how to export playlist from Spotify to MP3 so that you can make a full use of Spotify tracks anywhere.
Part 1. Best Tool to Export Spotify Playlist to MP3 for Transferring
When we were talking about backing up Spotify playlists to avoid data loss in last week, we have already involved in a way to take playlists away from Spotify app, which is to export Spotify playlists to text with the assistance of SpotifyMyBackup and Exportify.
But we could get the titles of Spotify songs not the true local Spotify files. As a result, we will introduce another way to download Spotify music, playlists, podcasts as local audio tracks on your computer for exporting.
Although Spotify doesn't support for exporting a playlist officially, we can get help from a professional third-party music downloader tool for Spotify, such as AudFree Spotify Music Downloader for Windows/Mac. It is specially designed for Spotify free and premium subscribers with the ability of downloading Spotify files offline and converting them to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, etc. with zero quality loss.
Part 2. How to Export Playlist from Spotify – Detailed Guide
The following tutorial focuses on guiding you to use AudFree Spotify Music Downloader to convert Spotify songs to computer in order to get rid of the bondage of Spotify app.
- Step 1Add Spotify songs to Spotify Music Downloader
- There are two ways to load Spotify songs and playlists to AudFree Spotify Music Downloader after launched this smart program and Spotify app. The first way is to drag and drop favorite music and playlists from Spotify to the main interface of AudFree. The second way is to copy and paste the URL of Spotify tracks to the search box to load them automatically.
- Step 2Set output format as MP3 and other parameters
- In general, this excellent Spotify music converter allows you to export Spotify files to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. You can define the output format as the target one. As MP3 has the more compatibility, you're recommended to choose MP3. Also, you can change the bit rate, sample rate, audio codec, etc. to get high quality Spotify audios in the setting window.
- Step 3Start to export Spotify playlists to MP3
- When all settings are OK, please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface, and then AudFree Spotify Music Downloader will turn up to downloading mode and start to download and convert Spotify songs to the destination folder at 5X faster speed on your computer. Generally speaking, the conversion time depends on how many playlists you added.
Part 3. How to Export Spotify Playlists to Other Services and Devices
As a matter of fact, you have already exported songs and playlists from Spotify now as all Spotify files are saved on your computer as local files that you can successfully locate them. Now, it's time for you to transfer them to other platforms and devices for offline listening without problem. Here, we will take some popular services and devices as example to show you how to transfer Spotify files for playback.
How to Export Spotify Playlist to Apple Music
To import converted Spotify playlist to Apple Music, you need to transfer Spotify music to iTunes library firstly by opening iTunes, clicking the File > Add File to Library option and select file folder including Spotify MP3 audios to load. And then please click the three-dots icon to hit on Add to My Music to copy them to iCloud Music Library so that you can listen to Spotify tracks on all Apple-authorized devices via Apple Music app.
How to Import Spotify Playlist to Google Play Music
As Google Play Music offers users to upload a maximum of 50,000 local songs for backup or playback via Music Manager with no cast, you can directly navigate to Google Play website and start to upload Spotify files to Google Play Music for enjoying. Just hit on the Upload Music option, open Music Manager app to choose Upload songs to Google Play option again and then you can choose Spotify music folder to upload automatically.
If you'd like to export Spotify songs and playlists to other streaming music services, like Amazon Music, Tidal, etc., there are several detailed source pages that can guide you to finish the whole process. For Amazon Music users, you can refer to this article: How to Transfer Spotify Playlists to Amazon Music, for Tidal subscribers, please visit How to Export Spotify Playlist to Tidal.
How to Play Spotify Playlists on Fitbit Watches
There is a Fitbit desktop app offering you to sync local files to Fitbit Versa and Ionic. Just download and open it on your computer, create a new Spotify playlist using iTunes or Windows Media Player and then click the Account > Ionic/Versa > Media > Personal Music section to upload Spotify playlists to Fitbit connect app. To sync Spotify playlists to Fitbit device, just connect your watch and computer via USB cable and open Music app to transfer music directly.
After you have successfully exported songs from Spotify, you can transfer them to any favorite devices, even for saving them into USB flash drive, backing up to SD card, playing them in the car, etc. according to your special needs.
If you'd like to get the detailed tutorial on how to export Spotify playlists to a specific platform, please leave the name of device or music service in the comment area. We will give complete guide for you.