Does JRiver work with Tidal? Or is there a way to use Tidal through JRiver media center? For the first question, unfortunately, the answer is negative. But the good news comes with the latter one. In this article, you will get 3 reliable ways to play Tidal through JRiver.
Known as a multimedia player, JRiver Media Center enables users to access a wide range of media files on Windows, macOS, and Linux operating systems. Like Apple Music application, the users' interface of JRiver shows a large library, allowing users to play and manage abundant media content, including audios, videos, photos and documents in one place.
As we mentioned in the beginning, it is not available to access Tidal music on JRiver directly, which is due to the JRiver Tidal integration that hasn't been realized yet. But we still have good workarounds. Now let's follow the guidance below to see how to make it possible.
Part 1. Run Tidal Through JRiver via AudFree
This effective method makes use of a powerful software named AudFree Tidal Music Converter, which ranks top 1 in similar products. Born for Tidal music conversion, this smart tool releases the limits in original Tidal tracks, converting Tidal to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B, and many other unlimited formats without losing any quality. In the meantime, all raw metadata will be kept in the converted audio files, such as artists, albums, titles and so forth. You can also edit those ID3 tags according to your needs.
Adopting the latest auto-converting technology, this intelligent program can smoothly run at a 5X or faster speed. Besides, with the high capacity of loading files, you can add up to 100 Tidal tracks at once. Both features can greatly save your time and energy during the conversion.
Now just try to download and install AudFree Tidal Music Converter from the Download button above. You can get a free trial of 1-min conversion for each song. If you are satisfied with AudFree, please register a new account to unlock the full function.
Part 2. How to Use JRiver with Tidal: Step by Step
- Step 1Load Tidal music to AudFree
- Open AudFree Tidal Music Converter on your desktop. The Tidal app will open automatically a few seconds later. After logging in your active Tidal account, please search for any track or playlist that you want to convert. Next, copy and paste the URL of it to the search bar in AudFree. Then hit the '+' button to add it to AudFree.
- Step 2Modify output settings for JRiver
- After the files are added, you can change the output settings if you need to. On a Windows machine, please hit on the menu icon on the top frame in AudFree. On the Mac machine, please go to Mac's menu > AudFree Tidal Music Converter tab. Next, please click the Preferences > Convert tab to open the Settings page. Here, you can reset the output options such as format, sample rate, bit rate, etc. according to your requirements.
- Tips: To get the best listening experience, for Tidal audio in Hi-Fi quality, please select bit depth to 16 bit and sample rate to 48000Hz. For Tidal audio in Master quality, please change bit depth to 24 bit and sample rate to 96000Hz.
- Step 3Start to convert Tidal songs for JRiver
- Simply click the huge Convert button to begin the conversion. When the converting process is done, please follow the pop-out red spot to locate the target directory where all converted Tidal songs saved.
- Step 4Stream Tidal through JRiver
Now you can add Tidal to JRiver by the following 3 ways.
1. Drag and drop the converted Tidal files to JRiver.
2. Open Tools > Import and use Media Import wizard.
3. Use Auto-Import to browse the target folder that you choose in the background.
Part 3. Stream Tidal Through JRiver via WDM Driver / DLNA / DAC
Listen to Tidal on JRiver by Setting WDM Driver
WDM Driver is a built-in virtual audio driver, which is used to re-route all windows sound through JRiver Media Center. By setting up this program, you can transfer Tidal music to your JRiver Media Center on multiple devices.
Currently, this method is only applied for the Windows computers. Please go and check the detailed tutorials from: https://wiki.jriver.com/index.php/WDM_Driver
Play Tidal on JRiver through Using DLNA / DAC
In addition to WDM Driver, you can get Tidal music by using DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) or DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter). This way is suitable for Android phones, Android tablets, Chromecast audio devices, Google Mini, Google Home and any other device that has DLNA or DAC.
Before you start, please install BubbleUPnP on your device. Then modify it to log into your Tidal account. You can refer to the specific steps from: https://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=113237.0