Q: "Is there a partnership between Foobar2000 and Tidal? In other words, is it possible to stream Tidal to Foobar2000? I want to play Tidal music through my Foobar2000 music player, but it doesn't recognize my Tidal music. Is there any way to help me?"
There is no Foobar Tidal integration now, so, you are not able to play Tidal on Foobar2000 directly. Although Foobar2000 supports a range of audio formats like MP3, AAC, etc., you cannot add Tidal music to Foobar2000. Why? This is due to the unique digital rights protection of Tidal music.
But don't stress. In this article, we will guide you how to play Tidal music with Foobar2000 in two ways. You can use professional software to play Tidal on Foobar without any restrictions. Alternatively, you can use a Foobar2000 Tidal plugin to make Tidal Foobar2000 work.
Part 1. Best Way to Play Tidal on Foobar2000
Although there is no Foobar Tidal integration, you can try to add Tidal music to Foobar2000 as Foobar2000 supports a wide range of audio formats including AAC, MP3, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, ALAC and more. The most important thing you need to be aware of in this process is that Tidal music has digital rights management. Therefore, you need to seek the help of professional tools to remove this limitation.
AudFree Tidal Music Converter is the best tool you can find. It can remove all the restrictions of Tidal music and download Tidal music as your local files. It allows you to choose the output audio formats such as MP3, FLAC, AAC, etc. Thus, you can use it to get audio files that are compatible with Foobar2000. Then you can play Tidal on Foobar2000 without any problem. In fact, with this professional software, you can play Tidal music on any player or device you want.
AudFree Tidal Converter will maintain the 100% lossless sound quality of your Tidal music. So, you can enjoy lossless Tidal music with your Foobar2000 music player. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it? What's even better is that the download speed is super-fast, up to 5 times faster! Quickly install this software on your computer by clicking the "Download" button below. Then, we will guide you how make Foobar Tidal work without any problem.
The following tutorial is to guide you on how to convert Tidal music to MP3 and add Tidal music to Foobar2000 for playing.
How to Play Tidal on Foobar2000 Offline
- Step 1Adjust Tidal output format for Foobar2000
- Foobar2000 is compatible with a range of audio formats including MP3, FLAC, AAC, etc. So, you can choose an output format among them. You can click the top-right menu to choose the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option to open the setting window for Windows users. For Mac users, please click the 'AudFree Tidal Music Converter for Mac' from Apple's menu bar to open it. There are six output formats, audio channel, sample rate, bit rate, or depth rate for your customization.
- Step 2Add Tidal songs to AudFree Tidal Converter
- Find the Tidal songs you want to play on Foobar2000 and then add them to AudFree Tidal Music Converter. You can directly add Tidal songs to this converter by dragging and dropping them. Alternatively, you can copy and paste the URL of them into the search bar and click on "+" to add them. You can batch add Tidal songs because it will download them in bulk.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal songs for Foobar2000
- Just hit on the big 'Convert' button at the loading window. This tool will download the songs and convert them to target audio files you set before. After you download Tidal songs on to computer, you will be able to play Tidal on Foobar2000 easily.
- Step 4Stream Tidal to Foobar2000 Music Player
- To make Tidal Foobar2000 work, please open the Foobar2000 audio player on your computer. There is a direct way to stream Tidal to Foobar2000. Tab the 'File' > 'Add Folder', it will navigate to the local file folders on your computer. Please choose the music folder containing your downloaded Tidal songs and click 'Select Folder' to upload Tidal songs to foobar2000.
Part 2. How to Play Tidal on Foobar2000 with Foobar2000 Tidal Plugin
There is another solution to play Tidal through Foobar2000. Foobar2000 Tidal plugin is the answer, which makes full use of the Foobar room correction plugin. The setup process is a little complicated, let me walk you through it.
How to Use Foobar2000 Tidal Plugin
Step 1. Please fire up the Foobar2000 audio player and Tidal desktop app.
Step 2. Install the VB-CABLE software and foo_record plugin as well.
Step 3. In the Tidal app, you need to navigate to 'HiFi quality' and choose 'VB-Audio Virtual Cable' as the input audio path.
Step 4. Customize output audio path as VB-Audio Virtual Cable -> foo_record plugin (44k1 24bit) -> ASIO USB driver -> DAC. That's all. You can start to listen to Tidal on Foobar2000 music player without limits.
Part 3. The Final Thought
Foobar2000 music player is a class-platform and free audio player. It can be found on almost all devices running Windows OS, iOS and Android OS, etc. If you want to listen to Tidal music on your Foobar2000, AudFree Tidal Music Converter is the answer. It enables you to download Tidal music and add Tidal music to play on Foobar2000 without any problem.
In fact, if you want to enjoy Tidal music on other music players or other devices, AudFree Tidal Music Converter is also the best choice. As you know, Tidal music has strict protection. And AudFree Tidal Music Converter is just the thing to remove the protection and download Tidal music in lossless sound quality. So, using it, you will be able to enjoy Tidal unlimitedly.