Tidal has a social sharing feature that lets you share music, videos and more to your Instagram stories and Facebook stories. After you share your music or video, your followers will see what you're listening to right now. Moreover, they are able to check your music taste from past to present. Also, comments can be left as replies to your music story like other stories you post.
Users of both iOS and Android devices can use this sharing feature. In this article, we will show you how to share Tidal music to Instagram stories and Facebook stories. You will also learn how to use Tidal music as background music and add it to Instagram and Facebook. Also, there are some practical solutions to fix Tidal Instagram stories not working issue.
Part 1. How to Share Tidal Music/Videos as Stories on Instagram and Facebook
Tidal allows you to share songs or videos on Instagram and Facebook from the Android and iOS apps. The stories you share will be static images showing what you're listening to. If you share a video, it will show a 15-second preview on Instagram stories and a still image on Facebook. Skip to Part 3 if you want to share real songs on Instagram and Facebook.
Make sure you have Tidal, Instagram or Facebook installed on your phone. Then let's see how to share Tidal audio or video content to Instagram stories and Facebook stories.
Step 1. Open Tidal on your Android or iOS phone.
Step 2. Find the song, album, artist, or video that you would like to share. Then find and click the 'horizontal ellipsis' icon and choose the 'Share' option.
Step 3. Then click on either 'Instagram Stories' or 'Facebook Stories'.
Step 4. You will be navigated to the relevant app to check your post.
Part 2. Tidal Instagram Stories Not Working - Common Solutions
Why is Tidal Instagram stories sharing not working? If Tidal music isn't working on Instagram, there could be some potential causes:
1. The Tidal app or Instagram app is out of date
2. You have outdated temporary or cache files
3. Your device operating system is out of date
According to the possible reasons above, you can follow the solutions below to fix the problem.
Solution 1. Restart Your Phone
Restarting your device is the first and easiest solution you can try. It's possible that there are too many apps running in the background, which causes the Tidal or Instagram app not to work properly. In this case, rebooting your device wipes out all your running app data and gives your phone a clean refresh.
Solution 2. Restart the App
Similarly, you can force-stop the Tidal and Instagram apps and then restart them. Below is how you can restart the Tidal app.
Step 1. On your phone's 'Settings', navigate to 'Apps'.
Step 2. Find the 'Tidal' app and then choose 'Force Stop'.
You can try the same way to restart Instagram. Then open Tidal and see if you can share Tidal to Instagram stories as normal.
Solution 3. Update the App
Social sharing is only available in the latest Tidal app. Therefore, you need to make sure your Tidal app is up to date. Also, check that Instagram is up to date.
For Android: Open 'Google Play Store' and find 'Tidal' and 'Instagram', then update them.
For iOS: Open 'App Store' and search for 'Tidal' and 'Instagram'. Once found a new update, update them to the newest version.
Solution 4. Update the OS
If your device's operating system is outdated, there may be some app incompatibility issues with the device. It may likely to cause the problem of Tidal Instagram stories not working.
For Android: Open 'Settings' and scroll down and tap on 'System' > 'System update'.
For iOS: Open 'Settings' and choose 'General' > 'Software Update'.
Solution 5. Clear the App Cache
Try clearing the cache of Tidal and Instagram may solve the problem. Below is an example of clearing the Tidal cache.
Step 1. Open the 'Settings' app and then choose 'Apps & Notifications'.
Step 2. Scroll down and find 'Tidal'. Choose it and then tap on 'Storage'.
Step 3. Tap on the 'Clear Cache' button.
Part 3. Tidal Instagram Stories Not Working - Best Solution
Still having issues with Tidal sharing not working? Here's one of the best solutions you can try. Use AudFree Tidal Music Downloader to download Tidal songs as local files and share them on Instagram and Facebook. This way you can add Tidal songs to your Instagram stories or Facebook stories as background music instead of just static images.
AudFree Tidal Converter is both a Tidal downloader and a converter. It allows you to download music from Tidal even without a Tidal HiFi/HiFi Plus subscription. You can also use it to convert Tidal music to popular audio formats including MP3, FLAC, AAC, etc.
With the 100% lossless sound quality and complete ID3 tags kept, you can enjoy the original Tidal music. You can also share downloaded Tidal songs on Instagram and Facebook or with your friends. Even if they don't have the Tidal app installed, they can listen to songs you share.
Share Tidal Music to Instagram Stories and Facebook Stories: Detailed Steps
- Step 1Load song/playlist/album/artist from Tidal to AudFree
- Download and install AudFree Tidal Music Downloader on your computer. The Tidal app will open automatically. Discover the song/playlist/album/artist that you would like to download and share. Next copy and paste the link of the song/playlist/album/artist to the search box in the AudFree software. After that, click on the '+' button to add them. Alternatively, you can 'drag and drop' music from Tidal to the main interface of AudFree Tidal Converter.
- Step 2Modify output parameters for Instagram stories and Facebook stories
- After the files are loaded, now you can go for changing the output settings. Please find the hamburger icon on the upper 'menu' bar and then choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert' to open a new settings page. Here, you can reset the output options such as format, bit depth, sample rate, channel, etc. As a suggestion, please change the output format to FLAC or WAV, bit depth to 16 bit or 24 bit for keeping the best quality.
- Step 3Download Tidal songs as local files for Instagram and Facebook
- Directly hit on the big 'Convert' at the main interface. Then the conversion begins at a super-fast 5X speed. When the converting phase is finished, please follow 'Output' to access the target folder where all local Tidal music files are saved. Now you can directly share the downloaded Tidal songs on your Instagram and Facebook. You can also use them as background songs and add Tidal music to Instagram stories and Facebook stories.
Part 4. Final Thoughts
If you are a Tidal subscriber, you can easily share Tidal music and video content to Instagram stories and Facebook stories. But they are just static images, your friends cannot listen to them directly. So, the best way to share Tidal to Instagram stories and Facebook stories is to use AudFree Tidal Music Converter. It enables you to download Tidal songs as local songs and then share them easily. Even if your friends don't have the Tidal app and a Tidal subscription, they can directly listen to the songs you share.