If you have tried to add music to video from Tidal as the background music with your professional video editing software, lick iMovie, Camtasia, etc. you will find out that you even can't locate Tidal music that you have downloaded with your Tidal Premium or HiFi account.
Why it's an impossible process to import Tidal music to video app? It could be caused by that Tidal is a streaming music service, which audio tracks are cache files, not local files. Put it another way, to add Tidal music to a video, the important task is to download Tidal music as local files and convert them to video editors' compatible audio formats. And then you can match your video with pleasure background music from Tidal.
Part 1. How to Download Tidal Music for Adding to Video App
To protect the benefits of publishers and artists, streaming music services limits music playback on only their own app and authorized devices and players. Tidal includes in the related list. Even though you can download and play Tidal music and playlists on any device installed Tidal app, you don't allow to take Tidal music away from the Tidal app. That's to say it's impossible to add music to a video from Tidal as background music.
When it comes to uploading Tidal music to video apps, you should look for a powerful assistant to help you download and convert Tidal music to general audio files, like MP3. To make it available, AudFree Tidal Music Converter seems a nice option, which has the ability to losslessly download Tidal music, playlists, and albums offline and convert Tidal to common audio formats, including MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. Besides, all ID3 tags can be preserved well in converted Tidal streams.
AudFree Tidal Music Converter
- Download Tidal songs and playlists offline on Mac
- Convert Tidal to AAC, FLAC, WAV, M4A, MP3, etc.
- Keep original ID3 tags and 100% lossless audio quality
- Add music from Tidal iMovie, Shortcut video, etc.
How to Convert Tidal Music for Adding to Videos
The following tutorial is how to use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to download music and playlists from Tidal and store them on your local computer so that you can locate them and add Tidal files to video clips.
- Step 1Upload Tidal songs to AudFree Tidal converter
- Before getting started to add Tidal music, please ensure you have installed AudFree Tidal Music Converter and the Tidal desktop app on your computer in advance. Please don't worry. After you have downloaded Tidal music and playlists, you don't need to use the Tidal app anymore. Now, please launch AudFree Tidal converter and the Tidal app at the same time, and then find the favorite songs in the Tidal app. Once found, please click the 'three-dot' icon > 'Share' > 'Copy Tidal Track Link' button, paste it to the search box of AudFree and click the '+" tab to load them.
- Step 2Customize Tidal audio format and parameters
- Since video editing tools can support a wide variety of audio formats, you can just touch the 'AudFree Tidal Music Converter for Mac' from the Apple's menu bar on Mac or click the top-right menu bar of the main interface on PC to select the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option and open the setting window. Now, you can customize output format as MP3 or another audio format and other audio parameters, like bit rate, sample rate, etc. By the way, it can classify the output tracks by artist or album automatically.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal playlist offline
- It's very easy to launch the downloading and converting process. Just simply press the big 'Convert' button and then you will see the real conversion speed and it is converting which song. After conversion, there are two ways to find local Tidal tracks. One is to click the 'file' icon, the other is to click the 'history' > 'search' icon to navigate to the destination folder on your computer.
Part 2. How to Add Music to Video from Tidal
If you have followed the above steps, now, you can get offline common Tidal playlists and music. To add Tidal music to add video or slideshow, you just need to get help from an easy-to-use video editing software, such as Windows Movie Maker, iMovie, Lightwork, Inshot, Camtasia and so on.
No matter which video editor you used to edit video clips, just open it on your computer and then it couldn't be easier to import music to video from Tidal. Since different tools come with different buttons to open a video project and upload Tidal music, for Mac users, you can refer to the tutorial to learn how to add music from Tidal to iMovie. As for Windows users, you can learn how to add music to video from Tidal in Camtasia easily.