To be clear, the question of how to download Apple Music on Mac is not a hard nut to crack, even though it is frequently asked by quite a few users. From this article, you can get 2 methods to effortlessly deal with the task in different situations.
For subscribed users of Apple Music, directly download Apple Music from the Apple Music app on Mac. Significantly, when you stop subscribing, downloaded Apple Music will not be available. In view of the limit of Apple Music copyright, a magical tool comes out to download from Apple Music on Mac for permanent offline use without any restriction.
Part 1. How to Download Apple Music on Mac from Apple Music App
If you are a subscriobed user to Apple Music, you get permission to add music tracks from Apple Music catalog to your library. After that, you can stream these Apple Music tracks in your music libraty over Internet or directly download Apple Music that you have added to your library for offline listening. Steps listed below will show you how to download from Apple Music on Mac with subscription.
Step 1. To get started, launch the Apple Music app or iTunes on your Mac. Log into your paid account;
Step 2. From "For You" option, find and select the songs that you want to download;
Step 3. And then, click "+" icon to add to your library, or click "..." icon and choose the "Add to Library" option;
Step 4. Next, go to "Library" to locate the Apple Music songs that you have added;
Step 5. After that, touch the "Download" icon, or proceed to the "..." option and press "Download" tab to download Apple Music for offline listening on Mac. The downloaded Apple Music songs can solely play with the Apple Music app and iTunes.
Notice: It is important to note that when you stop the subscription to Apple Music, the Apple Music songs that you download previously on Mac won't be playable. In case that you hope to download Apple Music to listen to offline forever whether you go on with paid service or not, please refer to the following.
Part 2. How to Download Apple Music on Mac for Offline Use Forever
Can I keep the downloaded Apple Music songs available on my Mac when I don't continue the paid subscription? Yes, by all means. Use a technical Apple Music tool - AudFree Apple Music Converter for Mac to convert Apple Music songs to unprotected format and save them to local system. As thus, without payment for subscription, you can listen to Apple Music offline on other players.
AudFree Apple Audio Converter uses sophisticated conversion technology, hammering at the 30X-speed and lossless solution to convert Apple Music, iTunes audiobooks, M4P songs, Audible AA, AAX files, as well as hundreds of common audio files to MP3, WAV, M4B, M4A, AAC, or FLAC with a few clicks of the mouse.
It even provides an customizable option for users to set the output preferences. For the ID3 tags of your Apple Music songs, such as title, cover, album, genre, etc., you can keep them original or flexibly adjust to your liking.
How to Download from Apple Music on Mac
Before going ahead, please make sure that AudFree Apple Music Converter for Mac has been installed on your computer powered by macOS. Then, do as instructed below.
- Step 1 Add Apple Music to AudFree
- Launch AudFree software after the installation is complete. At the bottom left corner of AudFree's main interface, two "+" icons are located. Use the first one icon known as "Load iTunes Library" to access your iTunes library > Apple Music > select all Apple Music songs that you want to download. Then, click "Add" button.
- Step 2Define output parameters
- Once your Apple Music songs have been loaded up, touch an audio icon on the left side of the "Convert" button that is situated at the lower right corner of the main window. On the pop-up format window, specify an output format like MP3, M4A, AAC, FLAC, WAV, M4B.
- If you are tech-savvy, you next go further to set the output parameters including codec, sample rate, channel, bit rate. For beginners, it is advisable to get into the drop-down menu of "Preset" option and choose "High Quality", so that AudFree will automatically match the optimal output sound quality.
- Step 3Locally download Apple Music on Mac
- After the settings of output format, press "OK" to get back to the main window. Prior to hitting on the "Convert" button to set about the conversion process, you are allowed to click an "Edit" icon next to the added Apple Music track to edit ID3 tags as you prefer. When the process comes to and end, navigate to the "Converted" interface, in which you are able to quick access for the downloaded Apple Music songs on your Mac.
- These Apple Music tracks downloaded with AudFree Apple Music Converter are compatible with any device and any music player. Now, you can use them for any offline purpose on your Mac without paying a penny.