Due to the global impact of COVID-19, most people have to work from home. In this case, listening to music with headphones on while working on a laptop is a great way to relax. And many people tend to download music directly for offline playback whenever they want, as WIFI connections are not always strong and stable.
Nowadays, music streaming services like Tidal are booming at an unprecedented rate. To meet the needs of streaming enthusiasts, we'll cover the official method to download Tidal on Mac offline. Besides, you'll learn about the best Tidal downloader to get Tidal Mac downloads for personal use forever.
Part 1. How to Get Tidal Download on Mac
As you know, Tidal has a large share of the music streaming industry because it offers high quality music. Tidal app is available for Mac, Windows, Android and iOS devices. If you want to enjoy the offline feature on Tidal macOS system, you must subscribe to Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus plans.
By the way, the Tidal Mac downloads via this official method are cached files and are restricted to use within the Tidal software. If you don't mind this drawback, you can follow the steps below to download Tidal Music with Tidal Mac app.
How to Download Music from Tidal on Mac
Step 1. Launch the Tidal app on your Mac computer and log in to your Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus account.
Step 2. Search and find the Tidal song, album and playlist you want to download. Slide the Download button to the right to turn it on.
Step 3. The target Tidal Music will be added to the download queue and stored in the Tidal Mac OS app.
Part 2. Best Tidal Downloader for Mac to Download Tidal on Mac
As mentioned above, the Tidal offline feature is only available to Tidal members. Even if you have downloaded Tidal Music officially, you can't actually own the songs because they can't be used on other unauthorized devices. Fortunately, there is a solution to this problem. To help you out, you need a professional tool called AudFree Tidal Music Downloader for Mac, dedicated to downloading Tidal for Mac as local files.
This tool is available for both Mac and Windows, so if you want to download Tidal songs on Windows, you can easily do that too. What's more, it can convert Tidal Music to MP3, AAC, WAV and other popular audio formats. It will run at 5X faster speed to download Tidal songs to Mac with original audio quality, even for Master quality songs. As for the ID3 tags information, it is also smart enough to maintain its integrity, such as title, year, genre, album cover, etc.
Part 3. How to Download Tidal Music on Mac Offline
Before we start, make sure you have AudFree Tidal Downloader and the Tidal Mac app installed on your computer. In this section, we will explain the detailed steps to download Tidal for Mac.
- Step 1Add Tidal Music to AudFree Tidal Downloader
- First, run AudFree Tidal Downloader on your Mac OS system and the Tidal app will launch itself at the same time. Now you can discover your favorite Tidal Music from the Tidal app. Once you have decided which tracks, albums or playlists you want to download, click on the 'three dots' icon, select 'Share' > 'Copy Tidal link' and paste the link into the tool's search box. Afterwards, hit the '+' button to import the Tidal song.
- Step 2Define Tidal Output Settings for Mac
- The second step is to find "AudFree Tidal Downloader for Mac" from the top right menu bar of your Mac, then select Preferences > Convert to open the settings window. Here, you can choose from six output formats. If you want to save storage on your Mac, you can define the output format as MP3. To maintain the best quality of Tidal Music, it is recommended that you go for FLAC. As you can see in this window, you can customize other output audio parameters such as audio codec, sample rate and bit rate.
- Step 3Start to Download Tidal Music on Mac
- Once all the settings are ready, simply press the "Convert" button to start the download process. AudFree Tidal Downloader will download Tidal Mac music in no time. When the downloads are complete, you can find them by clicking on the "Converted" list.
Part 4. Benefits of Downloading Tidal Mac
There's no denying that we all want Tidal Music to be completely available for our personal use. And getting Tidal download Mac locally with the tool above is the best way to do just that. This way, you can easily keep your favorite Tidal songs on your Mac computer forever without the need for a subscription.
Furthermore, instead of worrying about the format restrictions of Tidal songs, you have the privilege of transferring Tidal songs from your Mac to other devices. For example, you’re free to play Tidal Music on MP3 players, USB drives, SD cards and more portable devices without any problems.
Part 5. In Conclusion
You've learned two easy ways to download and listen to Tidal on Mac. We recommend that you use the AudFree Tidal Downloader to enjoy Tidal Music offline without Tidal Mac app. Alternatively, if you want to get the best Tidal high quality music with your headphones or HiFi device, you can refer to the list of best MQA DAC for Tidal in 2022.