Audiobook lovers will be very familiar with Audible, the world's best producer and retailer of audiobooks. As you may know, Audible audiobooks are protected by digital rights management, which brings unavoidable reading restrictions. In this case, various free Audible converters have appeared on the market, and inAudible software is one of them.
In fact, inAudible converter is an effective tool dedicated to convert Audible AAX to MP3, which is favored by many users. Therefore, this article will focus on the main features and tutorials on using inAudible audiobook converter. Moreover, in order to prevent inAudible from not working, we have also found the best inAudible audible converter alternative for your reference.
Part 1. What Is inAudible Converter
Actually, inAudible is a free open source project on GitHub developed specifically to remove Audible AAX format restrictions. It is capable of converting Audible books to MP3, WAV, AAC, etc. for Windows and Mac computers. During the conversion process, it will keep the original metadata and ID3 tags of the audiobooks intact, including covers, titles, chapters, etc.
Key Features of inAudible Converter
1. Free Audible audiobook converter
2. Convert Audible AA/AAX audiobooks to MP3, M4B, WAV, etc.
3. Split large Audible audiobooks into smaller chapter segments
4. Preserve Audible books' metadata information and ID3 tags
5. Windows version supports batch conversion and CD ripping
Part 2. How to Use inAudible Converter on Windows/Mac
You can download inAudible Audible Converter through GitHub or some forums as there is no official website for this software. Once you have successfully downloaded the inAudible software, it's time to follow the instructions below to use it.
How to Use inAudible Software on Windows
Step 1. After getting the inAudible converter downloaded on your Windows computer, launch it. Then go to File > Open > Audible/M4B to load Audible books.
Step 2. Select the output file location of Audible book, after that set the output type and audio settings of the audiobook.
Step 3. If you want to use inAudible to split the chapters of the Audible book, you just need to click the Adjust Chapters button to make the relevant settings.
Step 4. Finally click the Begin Conversion button to start converting Audible files.
How to Use inAudible Software on Mac
Step 1. Run the inAudible software and press the three-dot button next to the input field to import the Audible AAX file.
Step 2. Click on the Transcode option to select the Audible output format you need, then determine the location of the output folder.
Step 3. Now, click the Begin Conversion button to convert Audible books to the target format.
Part 3. Best Alternative to inAudible Converter - AudFree Auditior
Some users will have doubts about the function of inAudible convert AAX to MP3 because inAudible audiobook converter has stopped upgrading. On this condition, it is necessary to find an alternative to inAudible. For your convenience, we have tested many Audible converters on the market, and finally AudFree Audible Converter came out on top.
Why do we call it the best alternative to inAudible software? Because it has all the advantages of inAudible software and improves on its disadvantages. For example, AudFree Audible AA/AAX Converter has the ability to convert Audible to MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, etc. at 30X faster speed. With the user-friendly interface and simple operation, you can download Audible books to your computer locally without any quality loss.
As for the ID3 tags and metadata information of Audible books, it is fully capable of retaining them intact. If you want to split Audible books into chapters in an ideal way, it is also very good at it. So, this convenient all-in-one tool is a complete replacement for inAudible when the inAudible software is not working well.
AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter
How to Convert AAX to MP3 via AudFree Auditior
- Step 1Add Audible books to AudFree Auditior
- Run AudFree Auditior on your computer, after that click the first "Add" button on the main page to import your Audible book file. Also, you can drag and drop the target Audible file into the conversion window directly.
- Step 2Set Audible Output Format to MP3
- In order to customize the output format of Audible audiobooks, you can click on the "Format" icon in the bottom right corner. Here, you can set the output format to MP3, WAV, M4A, etc. If you want to customize other Audible parameters, like audio channels, bit rate, sample rate, you can set them in this window.
- Step 3Download and Convert Audible AAX to MP3
- Simply press the "Convert" button at the bottom right corner and it will start downloading and converting Audible books according to your previous settings. Generally, you can tap the "File" icon to navigate to the downloaded Audible file. Then you have the freedom to transfer and play Audible on any device without any limitation.
Part 4. Comparison of inAudible Converter and AudFree Auditior
To get a more complete picture of the differences between inAudible software and AudFree Auditior, we have made the following table to compare them from different aspects.
|inAudible Converter||AudFree Auditior|
|Output Audio Format||MP3, M4B, FLAC, WAV||MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B|
|Supported Input Audio||Audible AA/AAX Audiobooks||Audible AA/AAX Books, Apple Music, iTunes M4P Songs and Audiobooks, Common Audio Tracks|
|ID3 Tags & Metadata||√||√|
Part 5. In Conclusion
If you desire to play Audible books on any device, you may want to try inAudible converter and its best alternative to make it possible. It is recommended that you use AudFree Audible Converter because it is 100% safe and effective. What are you waiting for? Take action and start reading Audible books with freedom.