Do you want a free tool to manage your media files? Kodi is such an app that enables you to play videos, music, audiobooks, podcasts and various common digital media files from Windows, macOS, Linux, Android, iOS, and even Raspberry Pi (RPi) devices. If you like to listen to Audible audiobooks while you are driving, walking or having a rest, you might as well store all of them in Kodi so that you can access them more conveniently. Here we will show you how to play Audible audiobook on Kodi? There is an easy-operated method for you.
Part 1. Get Audible Audiobook on Kodi - What You Need
To avoid unauthorized sharing, the Audible audiobook is formed in AA and AAX format. While Kodi supports MP3, VIVO, FLV, AVI, M4A, OGG, MPEG, etc. It can be learned that Audible audiobooks are not compatible with Kodi. That means you are not allowed to access Audible audiobooks on Kodi. But you can find a tool to help you. AudFree Audio Converter aims to transfer AA/AAX to MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A and M4B. You can use it to download the audiobooks as MP3 and M4A audio files. Then the audiobooks can be played on Kodi.
Moreover, if you use the AudFree Audio Downloader, you can gain lossless audio books quickly as the tool runs at 30X faster speed. What's surprising is that you are able to spilt the audiobooks into small segments as you want. The converted audiobooks are saved with all their data such as title, genre, year and so on. You are also given the power to personalize the output parameters. At last, you can establish your Kodi audible audiobook library on your device. Sounds great!
AudFree Audible Audiobook Converter
Part 2. How to Play Audible Audiobook on Kodi
Now let us tell you the way to export Audible audiobooks and send them to Kodi. You will be shown with different steps for the conversion of the format of audiobooks. The AudFree Audio Converter is available on both Windows and Mac computers. Please use it just for your personal use but not for business. It's believed that you would have a wonderful experience when you listen to Audible audiobooks offline on Kodi.
- Step 1Upload Audible Audiobooks to AudFreee
- First of all, launch the AudFree Audio Converter after you download and install it on your computer. You will realize that the iTunes app will also be opened at the same time. Before you convert the Audible format, you should authorize your Audible account and get audiobooks downloads in the app. Then select the audiobooks to convert. Drag them to the conversion window. Or click the "Add Files" icon to add the Audible audiobooks from the iTunes library.
- Step 2Choose Output Format for your Audiobooks on Kodi
- Hit the "Audio" button next to the big "Convert" button. Then you can pick MP3 or M4A as the output format. For a better quality of output files, please customize the codec, channel, bit rate and sample rate. Touch the audiobooks you uploaded, you can see the "Edit" icon. Tap on it. You can split audiobooks by chapters and edit the books' ID3 tags. In addition, press on the button on the top, you can reset the output folder and archive the files by artist or album.
- Step 3Download Audible Audiobooks for Kodi
- Drop your mouse on the "Convert" button to start the conversion. The audiobooks will be downloaded in batch and save in the output folder you set. You will own the transferred Audible audiobooks in a short time. Here is something that you need to know. If you use the free version of the AudFree Audio Converter, you can only get one-third of each converted file. To have the whole file, you need to buy the AudFree program.
- Step 4Transfer Audible Audiobook to Kodi
Now you can load the audiobooks to Kodi. Please copy the converted audiobooks from your computer and paste them to your mobile devices via the USB cable. Open the Kodi app on your device. Then do the following operation to import the audiobooks to Kodi for your playback offline anytime.
1. Tap on the icon "Music" > "Enter the section".
2. Choose the folder of converted audiobooks as the destination folder. Tap on the button "OK".
3. Hit "Yes" when it asks you whether you would like to stream your media source to the library. Wait for the files' uploading.
When the process ends, you can finally play Audible audiobooks on Kodi freely in your devices without a network connection. The lossless Audible audiobooks will definitely satisfy your requirements.