Q: Spotify offers not only playlists and podcasts, but also audiobooks for users' entertainment. When I tried to transfer downloaded Spotify audiobooks to MP3 player for offline enjoyment, I was disappointed to find that it was not possible. Maybe it's necessary to convert Spotify audiobooks to MP3 for syncing, right? And if so, how to achieve it?
It's true that you can't listen to Spotify audiobooks on your MP3 player due to digital rights protection. To solve this problem, this article will present a detailed tutorial on how to download Spotify audiobooks to MP3 without much effort. In addition, you will also learn more about the latest news of audiobooks on Spotify and how to get your favorite Spotify audiobooks.
Part 1. Latest News about Audiobooks on Spotify
On September 20, 2022, Spotify launched a new line of audiobooks to become a one-stop shop for all of its users' listening needs. Spotify's entry into the audiobook space will undoubtedly be a boon to consumers, as it has more than 300,000 titles to choose from, and that number will keep growing. Currently, audiobooks on Spotify are only available in the United States.
Spotify audiobooks are slightly different from Audible audiobooks, mainly because Spotify audiobooks are offered on a pay-per-book model. In layman's terms, Spotify supports the purchase of your favorite audiobooks rather than offering a subscription service, and even Spotify Premium subscribers cannot listen to audiobooks for free or receive discounts.
Part 2. How to Get Audiobooks on Spotify
Thanks to the new format of audiobooks on Spotify, it's easy to listen to audiobooks on Spotify. Now you can pick and buy your favorite Spotify audiobooks based on a wider range of titles and different pricing options.
How to Find Audiobooks on Spotify
Step 1. Launch the web browser to navigate to open.spotify.com, or simply open the Spotify app on your device and log in to your Spotify account.
Step 2. Click on the search bar at the top that resembles a magnifying glass and enter the title or author of the book you're interested in. Or scroll down to select the "Audiobooks" category to browse and find an audiobook that meets your needs.
Currently, you can only purchase Spotify audiobooks from your web browser, and you are only allowed to download audiobooks for offline listening if you have purchased specific books.
Step 1. Navigate to the official Spotify website and tap the "Audiobooks" icon or search for a specific title.
Step2. Browse and find the audiobooks you want. You'll notice that all of them have a lock icon, which means they are not available unless you pay for them.
Step 3. Click on the Spotify audiobook you want to buy and hit on the Buy button next to it, then follow the instructions to complete the purchase process.
Part 3. How to Download and Convert Spotify Audiobooks to MP3
In fact, Spotify itself does not offer MP3 download option, and Spotify audiobook downloads are all protected cache files. In this case, in order to convert Spotify audiobooks to MP3, you'd better make use of an ultimate Spotify audiobook downloader and converter. Here, we have picked the top AudFree Spotify Audiobook Converter to achieve this goal.
With it, you can easily download Spotify audiobooks as local files and convert them to MP3 for playing on MP3 devices. In addition to audiobook MP3 download, it also supports exporting Spotify audiobooks to FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B formats for better enjoyment. In this way, you can listen to Spotify audiobooks to your heart's content on any device you want.
AudFree Spotify Audiobook to MP3 Converter
How to Download and Convert Spotify Audiobooks to MP3
- Step 1Add Audiobooks from Spotify to AudFree SpoDable
- When you open AudFree Spotify Music Converter, the Spotify app will be automatically launched, which makes it easier to load Spotify audiobooks. Simply drag and drop audiobook from the Spotify app to the tool's main conversion window, or copy the audiobook link and paste it into the search box, then click the '+' button to add it.
- Step 2Set Spotify Audiobooks as MP3
- To choose the output format as MP3, go to Preferences > Convert button to get the settings window. Then you can define the output format as MP3 to export Spotify audiobooks as MP3 files. Besides, you can customize other output audio parameters such as bit rate, sample rate, audio codec, etc. according to your needs.
- Step 3 Download Spotify Audiobooks to MP3
- Finally, you can press the 'Convert' button on the right corner of the main interface to start the audiobook download MP3 process. AudFree Spotify Music Converter will extract MP3 files from Spotify audiobooks and save them as local files on your computer. After conversion, just click the 'File' button or the 'Search' button to find the target folder directly.
Part 4. In Conclusion
Now, you must be well aware of the audiobooks on Spotify. Try to get Spotify audiobook MP3 downloads and sync them to your MP3 player for offline listening. What's more, you can also save the local files of audiobooks forever for entertainment whenever and wherever possible.