Is there any way to set Spotify Music as ringtone on iPhone? Everyone is bound up to make an exclusive ringtone for his phone so that it's easy to distinguish his iPhone ringtone from others. So am I. As a Spotify lover who has collected lots of favorite Spotify music, I start to think 'can I use music from Spotify as my iPhone ringtone?'. If the answer is positive, how can I achieve it?
Spotify paying subscribers have the ability of downloading Spotify songs, playlists and albums to iPhone for offline listening with Spotify app for iOS. With the purpose to get rid of common and classical tones on iPhone by default, many Spotify users might have tried to make popular songs from Spotify as ringtone. Unfortunately, there is no direct option to do it. Are you also looking for the effective solution to set Spotify music as iPhone ringtone? If yes, you can read on this article to get the answer.
Part 1. Best Solution to Use Spotify Music as iPhone Ringtone
What We Should Know about Spotify Music
As the world's biggest online streaming music site, Spotify allows users to access to over 40 million songs for free with some limitations. For example, you are not able to download Spotify music for offline playback with a free account unless you upgrade to Spotify Premium. Besides, even if you have downloaded music from Spotify successfully, you should keep in mind that Spotify tracks are encoded in Ogg Vorbis format and protected by DRM technology. As a result, you have no rights to edit downloaded DRM Spotify songs to iPhone ringtone directly.
Best Spotify Music Converter
If we like to make Spotify music as ringtone on iPhone, all we need to do are to remove DRM from Spotify songs and convert Spotify to MP3, AAC or other audio formats available for editing on iPhone. Good news is there are so many professional and powerful Spotify music converting software that we can get help from in the market. AudFree Spotify Music Converter for Spotify is such commercial tool, which is capable of bypassing Spotify DRM protection and converting Spotify to a wide variety of audio formats, like MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A and M4B with ID3 tags preserved. It's worth mentioning that it supports for downloading any content from Spotify even without subscribing Premium on Spotify.
AudFree Spotify Music Downloader & Converter
Part 2. Detailed Guide to Set iPhone Ringtone from Spotify Music
Before we start to use Spotify songs to make excellent ringtone on iPhone, we have to get rid of DRM from downloaded Spotify music. In the following article, I will divide into two parts to give the complete tutorial on how to make the favorite ringtone for your iPhone.
Remove Spotify DRM and Download Spotify Music Offline
AudFree Music Converter for Spotify is available for Windows and Mac operating system, you can choose the right version to install on your computer. And AudFree Studio supports the free trial version for users to test its performance before purchasing it. Now, let's start to convert DRM Spotify files to unprotected audio tracks.
- Step 1Import Spotify DRM protected music to AudFree
- With the clean and easy-to-use interface, there are two methods for you to add Spotify songs to AudFree converter. You can copy the link of favorite Spotify tones that you’d like to set as ringtone and paste it to the search box of AudFree software and touch the '+' button. Or you can import Spotify songs to converting windows via dragging&dropping action.
- Step 2Customize output format and other settings
- Generally speaking, the Apple iPhone supports the following audio formats, like AAC, AIFF, MP3, WAV, Apple lossless and more. We highly recommend you to set AAC or MP3 as the output format for iPhone by clicking the Preference menu. Plus, AudFree enables you to customize other output audio parameters, like bit rate, audio channel, sample rate, ect.
- Step 3Remove DRM and convert Spotify music for iPhone
- Now, you need to press the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface, AudFree will automatically convert Spotify protected music to iPhone supported format while breaking DRM lock. By the way, this smart software offers the option of classifying output music tracks by artist or album.
Make Converted Music from Spotify as iPhone Ringtone
When the converting process finishes, you can locate unprotected Spotify songs or playlists by touching the 'history' icon. Now, you can get down to setting the Spotify ringtone for your iPhone with the help of iTunes app or a professional iPhone ringtone maker, like Syncios. Taken iTunes as example, we will give the simple guide for your reference.
Step 1. Open iTunes from your computer desktop and transfer music from Spotify to iTunes library firstly.
Step 2. When all Spotify files are uploaded successfully, you can choose the favorite song and right click 'Get Info' menu.
Step3. Click the 'Option' button to open the editing window, in which you can set the Start Time and Stop Time for downloaded Spotify ringtone.
Step 4. Please right click Spotify music again and touch the 'Convert' -> 'Create AAC Version' option. It will generate a new 30-second Spotify song.
Step 5. Delete the 30-second version from iTunes and undo the Start Time/Stop Time changes to the original.
Step 6. Drag and drop the new Spotify ringtone to the new folder on your computer, and then you should change the file extension from M4A to M4R.
Step 7. Double click the .m4r file, it will be imported to iTunes' ringtone library automatically. When you sync iTunes library on your iPhone, you can see added Spotify song that you can set it as your iPhone ringtone effortlessly.