How to make Spotify music as iPhone ringtone? Everyone is bound up to make an exclusive ringtone for his phone. And then it could be easier to distinguish his iPhone ringtone from others. So am I. I'm one of the Spotify lovers who have collected lots of favorite Spotify music. These days, I start to think 'can I make a Spotify song a ringtone on iPhone?'. If the answer is positive, how can I achieve it?
Spotify subscribers have the ability to download Spotify music to the iPhone with the Spotify app for iOS. To get rid of common and classical tones on iPhone by default, Spotify users might have tried to make popular songs from Spotify as iPhone ringtone. Unfortunately, you will encounter some bugs as there is no direct option to do it.
Are you also looking for an effective solution to set Spotify song as iPhone ringtone? If yes, you can read this article to get the answer.
Part 1. Use Spotify Music as iPhone Ringtone - Best Solution
Why Can't Make Spotify Music as iPhone Ringtone Directly
Spotify allows users to access to over 40 million songs for free but with some limitations. For example, you can't download Spotify music for offline playback with a free account. Unless you upgrade to Spotify Premium.
Besides, even if you have downloaded music from Spotify successfully, you should keep in mind that Spotify tracks are encoded in Ogg Vorbis format. As a result, you have no right to edit downloaded Spotify songs to iPhone ringtone directly.
Make Spotify Music Editable for iPhone Ringtone - Best Tool
To transfer Spotify tunes to iPhone ringtone, we need to convert Spotify to MP3, AAC or other audio formats available for editing on iPhone. The good news is there are so many powerful Spotify music converting software that we can get help from in the market.
AudFree Music Converter for Spotify is such a commercial tool. It is capable of converting Spotify to a wide variety of audio formats, like MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A and M4B with ID3 tags preserved.
It's worth mentioning that it supports downloading any content from Spotify even without subscribing to Premium on Spotify.
Part 2. How to Download a Ringtone from Spotify for iPhone
Before we start to use Spotify songs as iPhone ringtone, we have to download Spotify music as plain formats with AudFree Music Converter for Spotify. It is available for Windows and Mac operating system, you can choose the right version to install on your computer.
And AudFree Studio supports the free trial version for users to test its performance before purchasing it. Now, let's start to download a ringtone from Spotify for iPhone.
- Step 1Import Spotify music to AudFree
- With the clean and easy-to-use interface, there are two methods for you to add Spotify songs to AudFree converter. You can copy the link of favorite Spotify tones that you’d like to set as ringtone and paste it to the search box of AudFree software and touch the '+' button. Or you can import Spotify songs to converting windows via dragging&dropping action.
- Step 2Customize output format and other settings
- Generally speaking, the Apple iPhone supports the following audio formats, like AAC, AIFF, MP3, WAV, Apple lossless and more. We highly recommend you to set AAC or MP3 as the output format for iPhone by clicking the Preference menu. Plus, AudFree enables you to customize other output audio parameters, like bit rate, audio channel, sample rate, ect.
- Step 3Download Spotify music for iPhone ringtone
- Now, you need to press the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface, AudFree will automatically convert Spotify protected music to iPhone supported format. This smart software offers the option of classifying output music tracks by artist or album.
Part 3. How to Make Spotify Music as iPhone Ringtone
When the converting process finishes, you can locate unprotected Spotify songs or playlists by touching the 'history' icon. Now, you can get down to saving a Spotify ringtone to your iPhone with the help of the iTunes app or a professional iPhone ringtone maker, like Syncios. Taken iTunes as an example, we will give the simple guide for your reference.
Step 1. Open iTunes from your computer desktop and transfer music from Spotify to iTunes library firstly.
Step 2. When all Spotify files are uploaded successfully, you can choose the favorite song and right-click 'Get Info' menu.
Step3. Click the 'Option' button to open the editing window, in which you can set the Start Time and Stop Time for downloaded Spotify ringtone.
Step 4. Please right click Spotify music again and touch the 'Convert' -> 'Create AAC Version' option. It will generate a new 30-second Spotify song.
Step 5. Delete the 30-second version from iTunes and undo the Start Time/Stop Time changes to the original.
Step 6. Drag and drop the new Spotify ringtone to the new folder on your computer, and then you should change the file extension from M4A to M4R.
Step 7. Double click the .m4r file, it will be imported to iTunes' ringtone library automatically.
When you sync the iTunes library on your iPhone, you can see added Spotify song. Now you can make Spotify music your iPhone ringtone with ease.
If you need a more clear tutorial to make Spotify music your iPhone ringtone, you can watch this video demo.