Can you trim songs on Spotify? The song "One" by Metallica has a whole minute of 'nothing'. And Oasis - D'you know what I mean - has about 30 seconds of "digital" weird songs before the music actually starts. While it's not a strange thing that the weird sounds occur in the Spotify streaming songs, it largely breaks our immersion when listening to Spotify songs.
Despite similar issues are raised on Reddit, there is still no perfect reply in the thread. So, how to solve this problem in an appropriate way? It might be a good idea to cut songs on Spotify. In this post, I'd like to share two simple and fast solutions on how to cut music from Spotify for your reference.
Part 1. Can You Cut Songs on Spotify
As you know, Spotify free users can play music online, and Spotify Premium offers an offline mode to enjoy Spotify Music with no cellular. However, please note that what you play offline are Spotify cache files, which are not available on other device except Spotify app.
Due to digital rights management protection, you can't do anything else with Spotify Music, such as cutting, editing, transferring and so on. In other words, if you have downloaded Spotify Music through the official way, you can't edit music from Spotify directly.
Part 2. How to Trim Songs on Spotify - Best Way
Since the official method doesn't work anymore, you might as well try AudFree Spotify Music Downloader to remove the protection restrictions of Spotify songs. In fact, this smart downloader is designed for Spotify Music app and is proficient in downloading Spotify songs as local music files. This way, you can shorten songs on Spotify with no limitations.
Since Spotify Music are in special Ogg Vorbis format, with the extra support of this best tool, you are able to convert Spotify to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC and other popular audio formats. What's more, you can easily get Spotify Music downloads without losing any quality and ID3 tags. As a result, you have the freedom to take any cutting action on Spotify whenever you want.
How to Cut Songs on Spotify
- Step 1Import Spotify Songs to AudFree SpoDable
- Download and open AudFree Spotify Music Converter. In the Spotify Music library, drag and drop the songs you need to cut to the main interface of this converter and they will be loaded automatically. Or copy and paste the track or playlist links to the search bar at the top and tap on the "+" icon next to it.
- Step 2Customize Spotify Output Format and Other Settings
- Open the menu from the top bar, then select the Preferences > Convert option. At this point, you can start setting the output parameters of Spotify Music, like format, channel, sample rate, bit rate, etc. To get the most compatible output format and the best output quality, it is recommended to choose the format as MP3 and the bit rate as 320 kbps.
- Step 3Download and Convert Spotify Songs
- Hit the "Convert" button to activate the downloading process and the whole process will be done automatically. When all the tasks are converted, you can access your local Spotify Music files by clicking the "Folder" icon from the bottom line. After that, it is able to make use of Spotify songs as you wish.
- Step 4Cut Music from Spotify with Any Audio Cutter
- Now you have downloaded Spotify songs on your local computer, these local Spotify tracks are totally unprotected and free to edit. It's time to use any audio editor or media cutter to get Spotify cut songs.
Part 3. Alternative Way to Crop Songs on Spotify
To tell you the truth, AudFree Software also has a comprehensive and powerful tool called AudFree Audio Capture, which in addition to recording and downloading Spotify songs, also allows you to clip music from Spotify according to your needs. It is possible to get music from many sources, such as video sharing sites, popular music streaming platforms, etc.
Actually, it mainly works by grabbing songs from Spotify Music app, then ripping and converting them to MP3, FLAC, AAC and more. Using innovative audio recording and encoding technology, it intelligently splits Spotify Music recordings into separate tracks accurately and enables you to trim a song on Spotify without hassle.
How to Shorten Songs on Spotify via AudFree Audio Capture
Step 1. Open AudFree Audio Capture, in the main screen, select the target program icon Spotify. if not, click the "+" icon to add it.
Step 2. Tap the "Format" icon at the bottom right corner, you can adjust the output format of Spotify songs, like MP3, AAC, FLAC. Then click "OK" to save the settings.
Step 3. Navigate to the Spotify Music app to play your favorite Spotify songs, which will bring up a recording window to start the real-time recording and downloading process.
Step 4. After the download is finished, tap the "Edit" icon next to the Spotify track to cut music on Spotify and edit ID3 tags. After that, hit on the "Save" button to get the Spotify songs on your computer for free use.
Part 4. In Conclusion
Spotify streaming music site offers flawless songs online most of the time, but there are exceptions. So, you can make good use of the two effective tools above to cut a song on Spotify to your satisfaction. Don't hesitate to take action as you deserve the perfect Spotify songs.