Q: "How do I get Tidal on my LG TV with webOS deliver? I can't find the built-in Tidal LG TV app on this smart TV. In fact, it doesn't have any pre-installed streaming music app. I like to stream Tidal to LG TV and play it via the stereo system. Because Tidal provides HiFi and MQA quality songs."
According to our research, there are many Tidal and LG TV users who have the same confusion. Thus, in this article, we will talk about the solutions on how to get Tidal on LG TV with ease.
Part 1. Tidal LG TV App Is Here Now
In the early days, LG Smart TV doesn't have Tidal streaming service integration. This is the reason why you can't find Tidal on LG Smart TV. Fortunately, things have been different as time goes by. Although there is no official announcement that the LG TV Tidal app is available now, many users have found it coming. They have shared this good news on Reddit. We have collected a small amount of content. You can check below:
The tidal app is now available for LG TV - webOS. When I open my LG smart TV, it just pops out on the screen. I have downloaded and used this wonderful Tidal webOS app to explore streaming music.
Tidal for LG webOS app is here now. It brings a nice charming interface and a high-quality listening experience. I found that it also supports playing MQA Tidal songs. There is an option provided to choose from.
If you are using the LG TV with the latest webOS version, it's easy to stream Tidal to TV. You can search the 'Tidal' app on the LG Store, and find and install it on your smart TV. After that, you can directly open the Tidal LG webOS app to listen to music and playlists.
Part 2. How to Get Tidal on LG TV without Limits
It's the easiest way to get Tidal on LG smart TV via the Tidal for LG TV app. But it also comes with some limitations. This new release is available in some countries. Under this circumstance, the first thing you need to do is to check whether your country is on the list.
Besides, not all LG smart TV is compatible with the Tidal app. For an old LG Oled, you also couldn't find it in the App store. Then, what should you do to get Tidal on LG Oled TV with the old model in an unauthorized country?
All LG TVs support playing local songs stored in the USB flash drive via USB port. Thanks to this powerful feature, we can download Tidal songs locally and transfer them to a USB stick. To make it possible, here, we can use the third-party tool, AudFree Tidal Music Converter.
Specially designed for the Tidal app, this program is able to download Tidal music to the local computer. Also, it can do Tidal audio format conversion. It can convert Tidal tracks, playlists, and albums to MP3, FLAC, WAV, M4A, M4B, AAC, and many other common formats.
With the help of this smart tool, Tidal songs will suit the LG Smart TV requirements. You are available to enjoy the original high-quality Tidal tracks on LG Oled Smart TV.
Without a Tidal app for LG TV, you can also explore Tidal music and playlists on a big screen. Now let me show you the detailed tutorial to listen to Tidal on LG TV via AudFree Tidal Music Converter.
- Step 1Copy and paste Tidal tracks to AudFree
- Download and open AudFree Tidal Music Converter on your computer first. It will require you to install the Tidal desktop app. Please do that. Next, please open the AudFree Tidal Music Converter again. The Tidal desktop app will pop out later.
- Start to browse and pick out your favorite tracks in Tidal. After that, please find and click the '...' button and go to the 'Share' > 'Copy Tidal Track Link' tab. After you copy the link of the song or playlist, please turn to AudFree and paste the link to the search box. Now tap the '+" button to load them into AudFree.
- Step 2Change Tidal music formats for LG TV
- For Mac users, you need to click the system's menu bar to hit on 'AudFree Tidal Music Converter' under the list. For Windows users, you have to hit the menu icon from the top menu bar on AudFree's interface. Then you can select the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' section, the setting window will show up.
- You can customize the output configuration by changing the format, bit depth, etc. for LG smart TV. Here is the advice for output settings of Tidal songs. You can choose FLAC, 24 bit, 96000Hz to keep the best quality. You can also reset the way how to order the output tracks, by album or by artist. Don't forget to click the 'OK' to save the settings.
- Step 3Download Tidal music locally for LG TV
- Now you can prepare to start the conversion. Please directly click the huge 'Convert' tab on the right button of the main window. The converting time is varied by the network speed, the number of tracks you have added, and the tracks' quality. Sometimes the conversion may pause and a tip will pop out. Just follow it to continue the conversion.
- Step 4Get Tidal on LG Smart TV
- Once the conversion is done, you can locate the converted Tidal files. Please click the 'History' icon beside the 'Convert' icon to open the converted list. A 'file' icon will appear next to the track. Click it to open the local folder on the computer.
- Now you can copy these local Tidal tracks to a USB disk for backup. After that, please insert the USB to your LG Smart TV and start listening to your favorite Tidal on LG smart TV.
Part 3. In Conclusion
There are two workarounds to get Tidal on LG TV in this article. Please quickly check if the Tidal app has reached your LG TV. If yes, it couldn't be easier to use the LG Tidal app to listen to HiFi music and playlists. If not, you don't need to worry about it. The second way is your alternative method. It's available for all LG Oled Smart TVs with different types. It helps you listen to Tidal on LG TV anywhere.