Q:"Can I link tidal to Apple TV?" You may have received a positive response since Tidal launched its music app on Apple TV in 2017. Subscribers are allowed to listen to Tidal Hi-Fi streaming, better yet, access the related video contents such as music video, live streams on Apple TV.
Compare with the sending music to Apple TV via AirPlay, the built-in Tidal app on Apple TV supports subscribers to access the entire music catalog and play any digital contents directly. If you are looking for how to acquire Tidal resources on Apple TV, here you come to the right place. In this article, I will show you 2 ways to listen to Tidal on Apple TV, one for subscribers and one for free users. Read and find the suitable one for you.
Method 1. Connect Tidal to Apple TV with Tidal Subscription
The first method suits Tidal subscribers. It is very simple to link Tidal to Apple TV by following the steps below.
Step 1. Open your Apple TV, go to the App Store from the home screen.
Step 2. Search and install the Tidal app on Apple TV. Then launch the Tidal app.
Step 3. Go to link.tidal.com on your phone, tablet, or computer.
Step 4. Log in your activated account, or register a new account to get a free trial of Tidal.
Step 5. Type in the code showed on the TV to connect it to your account. Then you can start to play Tidal HiFi on Apple TV.
Method 2. Listen to Tidal on Apple TV without Tidal Installed
This method is customized for those who want to keep Tidal streams after canceling Tidal subscription or uninstall Tidal app. Here, we need to use a third-party Tidal music converter to help to achieve our goal.
Best Tidal Music Converter for Apple TV
Particularly designed for Tidal music downloads and conversion, AudFree Tidal Music Converter becomes the pathfinder to download and convert Tidal to lossless FLAC, WAV, MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B, and such common formats. With 100% raw metadata saved, you can find complete ID3 tags like the title, artists, album and etc. in the converted files.
In addition, using the latest technology, this intelligent tool is capable of loading a batch of tracks, converting 100 songs in a stable situation at 5X or faster speed. If you are willing to keeping all of the Tidal tracks after canceling the subscription or uninstalling the Tidal app, you can't miss AudFree Tidal Music Converter.
How to Stream Tidal Hi-Fi to Apple TV
AudFree offers a free trial version for every new user. Please download it to get the free trial first. You can convert the first one-minute of each Tidal streams. When you are satisfied with this software, please sign for the registered version. Now, please follow the detailed tutorials below to begin the full conversion.
- Step 1Add Tidal music to AudFree
- Launch AudFree Tidal Music Converter on your computer. The Tidal app will automatically launch later. After logging in your Tidal account, please browse and choose the song/playlist/album that you would like to convert. Next, copy and paste the URL of it to the search bar in AudFree. After that, click to the '+' icon to load it to AudFree.
- Step 2Set output parameters for Apple TV
- After the files are imported successfully, you can go to modify the output settings. Windows users please hit the hamburger icon from the upper menu bar in AudFree. Mac users please find the AudFree Tidal Music Convert option from the system menu of Mac. In the new window, please choose "Preferences" > "Convert" to open another page. Then you can change the output settings. For the best output quality, please change the output format to FLAC or WAV.
- Tips: For Tidal Hi-Fi streaming, choose bit depth to 16 bit and sample rate to 48000Hz. For Tidal Master streaming, select depth to 24 bit and sample rate to 96000Hz.
- Step 3Convert and download Tidal songs locally for Apple TV
- Directly click to the big Convert button in AudFree to start the conversion. When the converting process is finished, please follow the on-screen instructions to visit the target folder where all local Tidal tracks saved.
- Step 4Import and play Tidal music on Apple TV
- You need to transfer local Tidal tracks to the iTunes library first. Please just drag and drop the downloaded Tidal file from your computer to the iTunes. Or find and click menu bar tab > "Files" > "Add to Library" to import the local Tidal file to iTunes.
- Step 5Open Home Sharing and Set up Apple TV
- Back to the "File" > "Home Sharing". When logging in your Apple account, turn to Apple TV and find "Settings" > "Accounts" > "Home Sharing" to double-check if you enter the same account on iTunes. At last, go to Apple TV, find the Tidal files in a "Computer" app, Now you can listen to Tidal HiFi or Master on Apple TV without Tidal subscription or Tidal app.