Q: I'm using a Samsung QE55Q90T Smart TV and have Tidal playing on my TV. Recently, it alerted me that something was wrong during playback. I restarted my TV and the Tidal app, but nothing happened. Can you give me some advice?
Thanks to the integration of Tidal and Samsung, users can easily get Tidal to play on Samsung Smart TVs and Galaxy Gear. However, the issue of Tidal not working on Samsung TVs has plagued many people.
Read on to learn how to get Tidal on Samsung TV with the official correct steps. You can also learn the best way to make Tidal Samsung TV work without any problems.
Way 1. How to Get Tidal on Samsung TV via the Tidal App
Is there a Tidal Samsung TV app? Samsung has announced its partnership with Tidal to bring high-quality Tidal streaming music to its Smart TVs. As a result, the Samsung TV Tidal app is available now. You are able to listen to millions of ad-free Tidal music and watch lots of Tidal music videos on Samsung TV.
To make Tidal for Samsung TV work, there are two steps you need to do. You will need to first install the Tidal app on your TV and then link with your Tidal account.
Note: Your Samsung Smart TV should be 2017 model or newer.
1.1 Download Tidal App on Samsung TV
Step 1. Power your Samsung TV and navigate to ' Samsung Apps' from your TV's home screen.
Step 2. Search for 'TIDAL' on the Samsung Apps. Once it appears, please click it to download and install it.
1.2 Link Samsung TV with Tidal Account
Step 1. Navigate to link.tidal.com on your mobile device, computer, or similar.
Step 2. Log in to your Tidal account details. If you don't have an existing account, please create a new one and start with the Tidal free trial.
Step 3. Enter the code displayed on your Samsung TV. This will let you connect Tidal with Samsung TV.
Step 4. Once you link your Tidal account to your TV, you can start streaming Tidal music on Samsung Smart TV.
Way 2. How to Play Tidal on Samsung TV via a USB Drive [Free]
Enjoying Tidal on your Samsung Smart TV using the official method is easy, but there are some problems that happen unexpectedly. Also, if you are a free Tidal subscriber, your playback will be limited by things like annoying ads, no offline option, etc. Therefore, you'd better use a USB drive to listen to Tidal music on your Samsung TV.
The best helper you need is AudFree Tidal Music Downloader. It allows you to download songs from Tidal without a Tidal Premium account. The downloaded songs are 100% lossless and will be stored as your local audio files. This way, you can enjoy your favorite Tidal songs offline directly from your USB drive.
Since this method does not require you to install the Tidal for Samsung TV app, there is no issue of Tidal not working on Samsung TV.
Please first install this AudFree Tidal Downloader via the 'Download' button above. Then let us show you how to use it to listen to Tidal music on Samsung Smart TV offline without Premium.
- Step 1Load Tidal songs to AudFree Tidal converter
- To add Spotify songs that you'd like to listen to on Samsung Smart TV, simply drag and drop them into the AudFree software. Alternatively, you can 'right-click' on the song and choose 'Share' > 'Copy Song Link'. Then paste the copied link into the address box of the AudFree Tidal Converter and click on '+' to load the songs.
- Step 2Adjust Tidal output audio parameters for Samsung TV
- Samsung Smart TV supports audio files in MP3 and AAC format. In this case, please choose the output audio format of Tidal songs to MP3 or AAC. Just click the top-right 'menu' bar to choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert' to launch the setting window. After that, you can customize the output format as AAC or MP3 and do some other customization as you want.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal for Samsung TV
- When all settings are done, please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner of the main interface. And AudFree Tidal Music Converter will download Tidal songs at a 5X faster speed. Wait for a moment, you can get Samsung TV-supported Tidal files stored on your computer. You can find them by searching for your local folder or clicking the 'Converted' icon on the AudFree software.
- Step 4Play Tidal on Samsung TV via a USB Drive
- Now, you can sync downloaded songs from Tidal to a USB drive via the copying & pasting action. It's the same as transferring local songs to your USB flash drive. Then follow the steps below to get Tidal Samsung Smart TV to work offline.
- Plug your USB drive into the USB port of your Samsung Smart TV.
- On your TV remote, press the 'Home' option, there is a 'Source' button, please click it to choose 'USB Device'.
- Select the Tidal music files you'd like to play on Samsung TV. Hit on the 'Enter' button, and the control panel will show up for you to control the Tidal playback.
FAQs about Tidal for Samsung TV
Q1: Can I Add Any App to My Samsung Smart TV?
A: Yes. You can only add apps available in the App Store to your Samsung TV. You can access to streaming music platforms including Spotify, Pandora, and so on. You can also install video streaming services including Hulu, Netflix, Vudu, and so on.
Q2: Is Tidal Available on Samsung TV?
A: Yes. Once your Samsung Smart TV is 2017 model and newer, you can easily install the Tidal app Samsung TV from 'Samsung Apps'.
Q3: What Is Tidal Samsung TV App Quality?
A: Tidal streams to Samsung Smart TVs at 320kbps.
Q4: Why Is My Tidal Not Working on Samsung TV?
A: You can try restarting the Tidal app and your TV. Also, check whether your Tidal app is updated. If these don't help, you can try another way to get Tidal on Samsung TV. That is to use AudFree Tidal Converter to play Tidal offline on your TV without a paid subscription. It doesn't need to install the Tidal app on your TV so there is no Tidal Samsung TV not working issue.
Q5: Can I Watch Videos on Tidal on My Samsung TV?
A: Yes. You can enjoy over 450, 000 HD music videos on your Samsung Smart TV.
Today we have shown you how to get Samsung TV Tidal to work in two ways. The official way to install the Tidal for Samsung TV app is more straightforward. But there are some restrictions if you are a free user of Tidal. Plus, there may be issues with Tidal not working on Samsung TVs. So, the best way to listen to Tidal on Samsung Smart TV is to use AudFree Tidal Music Converter.
You can use it to convert Tidal music to Samsung TV-supported audio files. Then you can connect Tidal to Samsung TV via a USB drive. You can directly enjoy Tidal music offline on your TV without a Premium Tidal subscription.