Q: Can you play Tidal in the background on a Samsung TV? When I tried to use Tidal on Samsung TV, there is an error saying something went wrong during playback. I can do almost all things like searching titles, but no way to play Tidal music. What are the successful instructions to get Tidal on Samsung TV?
Does Tidal have an app on Samsung Smart TV? Absolutely yes! However, why you might encounter some bugs when using the Tidal app for Samsung TV? How to accomplish the process of putting Tidal on Smart TV exactly? Take it easy! In this article, we will show you two ways to play Tidal on Samsung TV with ease.
Part 1. How to Get Tidal on Samsung TV via the Samsung TV Tidal App
Samsung has announced its partnership with Tidal to bring high-quality Tidal streaming music service to its range of Smart TVs. As a result, the Samsung TV Tidal app is available now. You are able to listen to millions of ad-free Tidal music and watch lots of Tidal music videos on Samsung TV.
To get Tidal on Samsung Smart TV, there are two steps you need to do, respectively for downloading the Tidal app and link with your Tidal account. The following is the complete tutorial to do this.
Download Tidal on Samsung TV
Step 1. First of all, please make sure your Samsung TV is 2017 models and newer. And then navigate to the Samsung Apps from your TV's home screen.
Step 2. Search for 'TIDAL' on the Samsung Apps. Once it appears, please click it to install, download, and launch the Tidal app on Samsung TV.
Link Samsung TV with Tidal
Step 1. Enter the link.tidal.com on your mobile devices or your Mac or Windows computer.
Step 2. Log in to your Tidal account details. If you don't have an existing member, please create a new one and start with the Tidal free trial.
Step 3. There is a code displayed on your Samsung TV. Please enter it on your device and link it to your account.
Step 4. Now you can start to stream Tidal music and playlists on Samsung Smart TV without a problem.
Part 2. How to Play Tidal on Samsung TV - Better Way
If you have referred to the guide of using the Tidal app to enjoy music and playlists on Samsung TV, but there is still something wrong that happened unexpectedly. For example playback failure and no place/box to enter a code, etc. You can skip the first part and play Tidal music on Samsung TV via the USB flash drive.
Samsung Smart TV has a USB port that supports to play audio and video files stored in your USB stick. Here, we can download Tidal music to USB flash drive and then enjoy Tidal songs on Samsung TV from the USB. No need to use the Tidal app anymore.
To make it possible, please download and install AudFree Tidal Music Downloader on your computer, which can download Tidal music as common files locally and convert Tidal music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, and other plain formats. So that Tidal downloads can be uploaded to the USB flash drive and built-in music player on Samsung TV can recognize and play Tidal music.
How to Download Tidal Songs for Playing on Samsung TV
- Step 1Load Tidal songs to AudFree Tidal converter
- Before getting started to transfer Tidal songs to USB, please use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to download and convert them for Samsung TV. To add songs that you'd like to listen to on Samsung Smart TV, to AudFree software, please discover the files in the Tidal app, copy the URL of Tidal tracks, and paste them to the search box of AudFree Tidal converter. Tidal songs will be loaded into the main interface automatically.
- Step 2Adjust Tidal output audio parameters for Samsung TV
- Samsung Smart TV supports MP3 and AAC audio format. In this case, please download Tidal music to MP3 or AAC files. Just click the top-right menu bar to choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert' to launch the setting window. After that, you can customize output format as AAC or MP3 and do some other customization, like enhancing the sample rate, bit rate, etc.
- Step 3Download and convert Tidal for Samsung Smart TV
- When all settings are done, please click the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner, which is different from the one we mentioned in step 2. AudFree Tidal Music Converter is well-designed to download Tidal streams at 5X faster speed. The conversion process won't take you much time. Wait for a moment, you can get Samsung TV supported Tidal tracks stored in the destination folder of your computer.
How to Play Tidal on Samsung TV via USB Port
Now, you can sync downloaded Tidal songs and playlists to a USB drive via the copying&pasting action. It's the same as transferring local songs to your USB flash drive.
Step 1. Plug your USB drive into the USB port of your Smart TV.
Step 2. On the remote to press the Home option, there is a Source button, please click it to choose USB Device.
Step 3. Select the Tidal music files you'd like to play on Samsung TV. Hit on the Enter button, the control panel will show up for you to control the Tidal playback on Samsung Smart TV easily.