Q: "Is RuneAudio Tidal available? I couldn't find any answer while searching. What could I do to get Tidal music on RuneAudio for listening? Thanks for any solution you could provide!"
RuneAudio is a free and open-source software. It supports to reproduce digital music library from local USB driver or network mounts and also can play any internet streams.
Unfortunately, it doesn't support Tidal. If you want to stream Tidal on RuneAudio, then you could check out this post. In the following part, we will show you the best way to add Tidal to RuneAudio.
Part 1. How to Add Tidal to RuneAudio by AudFree
Now let's learn the method on how to get Tidal music for listening on RuneAudio. As RuneAudio allows to importing media files via the USB drive, here you could get Tidal music as local files on your computer and then stream them to RuneAudio for using.
In order to keep Tidal audio files as local files, you need to use a third-party tool to help you. Here we would like to introduce a powerful music converting tool called AudFree Tidal Music Converter for you. Designed to break the DRM limitation from Tidal audio tracks, this tool is the best Tidal Converter in the market. It can convert any Tidal audios to WAV, AAC, MP3, and other common audio formats with original quality.
In addition, metadata like album, title, artist, etc. can be kept well after converting, which lets you manage your music files easier. It also allows you to define the output audio parameters, like audio format, bit rate, sample rate, channel, and so on. Moreover, it can work at a faster speed so that you don't need lots of time to do the conversion. After the conversion, you can add Tidal to RuneAudio and listen to them offline.
Part 2. How to Convert and Stream Tidal on RuneAudio
In this part, we will show you how to convert and add Tidal to RuneAudio in details. Before the conversion, please check what you need as below.
- Download and install AudFree Tidal Converter on your PC.
- Install the Tidal app from its official website instead of the Windows Store.
- Step 1Input tracks from Tidal to AudFree
- On your computer desktop, double click the icon of AudFree Tidal Music Converter to open it. The Tidal app will be launched at the same time and sign in with your Tidal account. Discover favorite song on Tidal app and copy the link of it. Then paste the link to the search bar of AudFree main screen and press on the '+' button to load the track to AudFree.
- Step 2Reset output Tidal audio settings for RuneAudio
- Click the Menu icon on the top-right corner of AudFree if you are Windows users. Or find the 'AudFree Tidal Music Converter' on the menu bar of Mac system if you are using Mac. Next, choose 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option and a new window will pop up. Here you could personalize the output parameters such as bit rate, format, channel, sample rate, etc.
- Step 3Convert Tidal music to RuneAudio
- Now move your mouse to the big 'Convert' button on AudFree program. Then touch on it and the conversion will begin. The converting time depends on the tracks you convert. When all the audios are converted successfully, then you can hit on the 'Converted' button and access to the target folder to check the converted Tidal music files.
- Step 4Add Tidal to RuneAudio via USB
- Finally, please plug the USB drive to your computer and transfer Tidal music to USB drive. Then you can add Tidal to RuneAudio through the USB stick. And then you can stream Tidal on RuneAudio without any restriction.
Part 3. Learn More about RuneAudio
After using the AudFree Tidal Downloader, we had easily got the music files from Tidal as local files and add them to RuneAudio for listening. Here we would like to show you more about RuneAudio main features.
1. Supports a lot of embedded platforms, like Raspberry Pi, CuBox, UDOO, etc.
2. Works with commercially available model of DAC, including USB, S/PDIF and I2S.
3. Allows plain audio formats playback, including but not limited to MP3, WAVE, FLAC, AAC and ALAC.
4. Supports audio playback from network drives and USB drives.
5. Wi-Fi connection easy to set up and supports Airplay.
6. An easy-to-use interface for playback and setup control.
7. Can be controlled by a variety of third-party clients, both mobile and desktop.