Tidal is the first streaming music service to offer-high fidelity audio. You can play your favorite songs and discover new music on Tidal. In addition, with the partnership with Amazon, Tidal already uses the "Music Skills API". This gives a clear answer to the question "is Tidal compatible with Alexa".
However, if you want Alexa Tidal to work, you need to be a Tidal Premium user. But don't worry, we will also guide you on how to connect Tidal to Alexa without Premium.
Way 1. How to Use Tidal on Alexa without Premium
To connect Tidal to Alexa, you will need to be an active Premium Tidal subscriber. But what if you don't have Premium and don't want to pay for the high subscription fee? Don't worry, we will show you how to play Tidal on Alexa without Premium.
Since Alexa allows users to upload music to via Bluetooth, you can first download Tidal music locally. And the necessary tool you need is AudFree Tidal Music Converter. It enables you to remove the protection of Tidal and download Tidal songs as local audio files. Once downloaded, you can export them to an external storage or transfer them to other devices including your Alexa.
With advanced technology, AudFree Tidal Converter allows you to convert Tidal music to popular audio formats. And it supports six formats including MP3, FLAC, AAC, M4A, M4B, and WAV. Once converted, you can enjoy Tidal tracks with 100% quality preserved. Then you can transfer them to your Alexa for offline playback without Premium.
AudFree Tidal Music Converter
- Losslessly download Tidal music without Premium
- Convert Tidal songs to MP3, FLAC, AAC, and more
- Preserve 100% lossless audio quality and all metadata
- Work at 5X faster speed, adjust music parameters
With AudFree Tidal Converter, you can easily download Tidal songs and save them locally on your computer. Now let's see how to use this tool to play Tidal on Alexa without Premium step by step:
1.1 How to Convert Tidal for Alexa
- Step 1Add Tidal songs to AudFree Tidal Music Converter
- Get started by downloading and installing AudFree Tidal Music Converter. Then launch it and the Tidal app will be opened automatically. Copy the URL of the Tidal track or playlist that you want to listen to on Alexa. Then paste the link to the search bar in AudFree's main window. Don't remember to click on the '+' icon to load the tracks. Alternatively, you can directly drag and drop songs from Tidal to this software's main interface.
- Step 2Adjust output format for Tidal Alexa
- Next, locate the 'menu' icon at the top bar and followed by tapping on the 'Preferences' > 'Convert' option. Here, freely adjust the output format, and customize audio quality including bit rate, sample rate, channel, etc. To connect Tidal to Alexa, you can choose the MP3 output format. Once set up, touch 'OK'.
- Step 3Convert Tidal for Alexa
- Finally, hit the 'Convert' icon at the right bottom, and AudFree software will begin to convert the Tidal tracks. Please check the converted Tidal songs in the target folder after conversion. Until now, you have gotten the compatible Tidal audio files with Alexa.
1.2 How to Make Tidal Cast to Alexa
Now, you are supposed to add your device to Alexa and stream the local Tidal music files to Echo. The following steps will guide you on how to play Tidal playlist on Alexa.
Step 1. Connect your device to the Echo
Say 'Alexa, pair' to your device, then your Echo will turn to pair mode. Turn on the Bluetooth of your phone or tablet. A few seconds later, the Echo will appear on the waiting list of pairing named 'Echo-XXX'. Choose the name, then Alexa will tell you that the connection is done once these two devices are linked.
Step 2. Add your device to Alexa
Click 'Devices' > 'Echo & Alexa'. Choose the Echo which you would like to pair with your mobile device. Then go to'Pair Alexa Gadget'. Open the Bluetooth settings window on your device and choose the name shown for your Echo. Then the connection is done.
Step 3. Link Tidal to Alexa
Just use the activation word 'Alexa' to ask Alexa to play certain songs, playlists or artists on Tidal. And it will stream Tidal on Amazon Echo automatically. Also, if you want to set Tidal as the default music service, return to the 'Music & Media'. Then, tap on 'Choose default music services' to define Tidal default on Alexa.
Way 2. How to Link Tidal to Alexa with Premium
With the support of Alexa Tidal music skill, you can easily listen to Tidal on Alexa on your Echo. But you need to make sure that you have subscribed to Tidal before the connection.
Step 1. Launch the Amazon Alexa App on your phone. Next, navigate to 'Settings' > 'Music'.
Step 2. Choose 'Link New Service' > 'TIDAL', then hit on 'Enable to Use' and connect your TIDAL account.
Step 3. Go back to 'Settings' > 'Music' and select 'TIDAL' as 'Default Services'.
When the connection is done, you are available to ask Alexa to play Tidal songs by voice commands. For example, you can click 'Enable' and say 'Alexa, open Tidal' and ask Alexa to find your favorite music.
FAQs about Tidal Alexa
Q1: Does Tidal Work with Alexa?
A: Yes. Tidal utilizes the 'Music Skills API', which allows Tidal users to control their music with Amazon's virtual assistant, Alexa.
Q2: When Will Tidal Come to Alexa UK?
A: Currently, Tidal for Alexa is only available in the United States. You can stay tuned to find out when Tidal will come to Alexa UK.
Q3: How Can I Control Alexa to Play Tidal?
A: You need to first make Tidal your default music service, as we have shown in Part 2. Then you can easily ask Alexa to play Tidal music. For example, you can say 'Alexa, play (song name)'. Then Alexa will automatically play the song you ask.
Q4: What Can I Do When I Can't Find Tidal on Alexa?
A: If you can't find Tidal on the Amazon Alexa companion app, try another way to play Tidal on Alexa. That is you can use AudFree Tidal Music Converter to download Tidal songs first. Then transfer them to Alexa via Bluetooth. One advantage is that this method doesn't need a Premium Tidal account.