"Can I use Apple Music on my Garmin Fenix 6?" Known for its high-end design, Garmin Watches go viral among most people, usually used for tracking data or listening to music during outdoor activities like watersports, cycling, swimming, running, etc. Garmin Fenix 6 is one of the well-known series of Garmin wrists. Garmin Fenix 6 adds Bluetooth music playback. Thus, music lovers can play songs from streaming services like iHeartRadio, Spotify, Deezer, and Tidal on Garmin Fenix 6.
But too bad, you can't download Apple Music onto Garmin Fenix 6 directly. That's the puzzle this article is out to solve. Please read on to check out how to add and play Apple Music on Garmin Fenix 6 and other smartwatches.
Part 1. Can You Use Apple Music on Garmin Fenix Directly
Does Apple Music work with Garmin Fenix 6? It is a pity that you cannot use Apple Music directly on Garmin Fenix series including Garmin Fenix 6, 6 Pro, 7, or 8. There is no official integration between Apple Music and all series of Garmin Watch. Apple Music allows you to get your purchased iTunes music via the use of Garmin Express. Otherwise, you will need an Apple Music Converter tool to extract and play your music that you have not purchased.
Which Music Services Does Garmin Fenix 6 Work with
Apple Music is not compatible with the Garmin Fenix 6 unless after conversion. However, some streaming services support you to stream tunes directly through the music app for Garmin Watch. For instance, music services such as iHeartRadio, Spotify, and Amazon Music are compatible with most Garmin Watch series. As long as you have a premium account on those platforms, you can install their apps from the Connect IQ to your Garmin wrists. You can find them from the 'Music Widget' on the watch.
What Audio Formats Does Garmin Fenix 6 Support
Please check the following table to view a couple of audio formats supported by Garmin Fenix 6:
|Protected M4P (.aac)
|Garmin Fenix 6
|AAC, WAV, MP3, M4A, M4B, M3U, M3U8, ADTS, WPL, ZPL, PLS
Part 2. How to Download Apple Music to Garmin Fenix 6/6 Pro
As we mentioned before, Apple songs are encrypted in M4P, which is unplayable on unauthorized devices such as Garmin Fenix 6. Even though they are purchased from iTunes, they are still protected with an encoded AAC format and inaccessible to unsupported players or devices. To listen to Apple Music on Garmin Fenix 6 series or other devices, you can resort to a powerful Apple Music downloader, exporting Apple tracks to other files that can be streamed on your Garmin Fenix 6.
AudFree Apple Music Converter can cater to your needs to download any content from Apple Music as local files for Garmin Fenix 6 and other Garmin watches. This sought-after gadget has the ability to convert Apple Music to MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, and more Garmin Fenix 6-enabled files in batches at 30X. More so, its innovative decode technology contributes to retaining original audio quality and full ID3 tags like artist, subtitles, and composer, among others.
On top of that, it endows you the opportunity to customize the output quality (such as the bite rate, sample rate, codecs, etc.) and ID3 tags to promote the quality and manage your converted library.
AudFree Apple Music Converter for Garmin Fenix 6
- Works at 30X speed rate to natch conversion all content from Apple Music
- Convert Apple Music to common Garmin Fenix 6-supported files
- Retain lossless audio quality and all metadata info of Apple Music for playback
- Get Apple Music on Garmin Watch all series, Galaxy Watch, and any wrists
How to Download Apple Music to Garmin Watch Fenix 6
You can install the reliable AudFree Apple Music Converter to your PC or Mac by hitting the above Download button. Please use your current Apple Music account to download the songs you want for Fenix 6 or Fenix 6 Pro from Apple Music in advance. Then follow this step-by-step guide to losslessly download Apple Music to Fenix 6 with the aid of AudFree Audio Converter.
- Step 1Launch & Register AudFree Apple Music Converter
- Launch the AudFree Apple Music Converter app on your computer. If you don't want to use its free version and want to register the app to access its full version features, please click the top-right Menu bar which looks like three horizontal lines. Hit the 'Register' tab from the dropdown list and input your license key. Please don't leave any spaces before or after the registration code.
- Step 2Import Apple Music Downloads to AudFree Auditior
- On this best Apple Music Converter, please click on the first Add button at the bottom left to open the iTunes library window. Browse and select the downloaded Apple songs to add them to the converter. Alternatively, drag the tracks to the conversion window directly.
- Step 3Set Apple Music Output Format/Quality for Garmin Fenix 6
- When your Apple Music streams are already added, click on the bottom Audio icon (on the left of the big Convert button) to open the Format Setting pane. There, you can choose the output format for your Apple Music based on the compatible requirement of Garmin Fenix 6. For example, you can opt to convert M4P to MP3, AAC, WAV M4A, M4B, etc. You are also empowered to change Apple Music bitrate, channel, sample rate, and other audio properties to listen to Apple Music on Garmin Fenix 6 with better audio quality.
- Step 4Download Apple Music onto Garmin Fenix 6-compatible files
- Click on the bottom-right 'Convert' button to commence the converting process. AudFree Apple Music Converter will then convert your music to local files in the Garmin Fenix 6-compatible format you selected before. Finally, locate them from the bottom File icon and transfer them now freely to your Garmin Fenix 6, or other smartwatches like Apple Watch. Now, you can keep the converted Apple Music songs offline forever.
Part 3. How to Add Apple Music to Garmin Fenix 6/6 Pro
Your Apple Music is now free from restrictions and you can easily put Apple Music songs on Garmin Fenix 6 according to the following instructions.
Connect Garmin Fenix 6 to Garmin Express App
The Garmin Express application is particularly designed to manage Garmin devices. Besides syncing fitness data, you can use it for device updates and product registration. Here's how to install the Garmin Express app.
Step 1. Go to the Garmin Express webpage and click the 'Download for Windows' or 'Download for Mac' tab.
Step 2. Run the downloaded 'GarminExpress.exe' file. You need to review the terms and conditions and then click the checkbox.
Step 3. Hit the 'Install' tab and wait for the installation process to complete. Then click the 'Launch Garmin Express' tab to launch it on your computer.
Step 4. Connect your Garmin Fenix 6 to your computer using a USB cable. Then the smartwatch will be detected by Garmin Express automatically. If not, go to the 'Get Started' option, click on 'Add a Device', and select your Fenix 6.
Add Converted Apple Music to Garmin Watch
If you have your converted Apple Music files on your computer and also installed the Garmin Express app, you are now finally able to get Apple Music on the Garmin Fenix 6.
Step 1. Choose the 'Music' option on Garmin Express and locate the converted Apple Music files to import them to your Garmin Fenix 6.
Step 3. Once selected, hit the bottom 'Send to Device' option to put Apple Music on Garmin Fenix 6 for playback without WiFi or cellular.
Part 4. In Conclusion
That's all to download and play Apple Music on Garmin Fenix 6. As a matter of fact, you can also follow this tutorial to play Apple Music on other Garmin watches, like Garmin Vivoactive 3, or Garmin Forerunner 654 Music, and more. By the way, AudFree Apple Music Converter is the best shot to help you stream and play Apple Music on multiple devices, such as smartwatches, MP3 players, and more devices.