Garmin is known for its high-end products. It produces activity trackers and sports watches that suit outdoor activities like watersports, cycling, swimming, running, etc. Besides Garmin watches encompass sensors like heart rate and GPS tracking mechanisms. Garmin Fenix 6 is one of the well-known series of Garmin smartwatches.
Besides, Garmin Fenix 6 adds Bluetooth music playback. Because of this, music streaming services like iHeartRadio, Spotify, Deezer, among others let you connect your music to Garmin Fenix 6 via some apps. But too bad, you can't download Apple Music onto Garmin Fenix 6 directly. That's the puzzle this article is out to solve. Check out how to add your Apple Music to your Garmin Fenix 6 and other Garmin watches in the next section.
Part 1. Can You Use Apple Music on Garmin Watch Fenix Directly
Even though some streaming services let you stream your music on Garmin Fenix 6, you can't download it from Apple Music directly.
1. Does Apple Music Work with Garmin Fenix 6?
Apple Music allows you to get your purchased iTunes music via the use of Garmin Express. Otherwise, you will need an Apple Music Converter tool to extract and play your music that you have not purchased.
2. What Streaming Music Services Does Garmin Fenix 6 Work with?
Apple Music is not compatible with the Garmin Fenix 6 except after conversion or through the desired app. However, some streaming services support the direct upload of your local music files.
1) Amazon Music Prime membership or Unlimited subscription users can stream their music to Garmin Watch, including Fenix 6. You just download the Garmin Amazon Music app from the Connect IQ to your watch. Then from "Music Widget" choose the "Amazon Music" icon and start to browse for the tracks to play on your watch.
2) Spotify is another streaming service that lets you add Spotify music to Garmin Watch. But you need a Spotify Premium account to manage it. Download the Garmin Spotify app from Garmin's Connect IQ store and launch it on your Garmin Fenix 6. Then sign in to your Spotify account from Garmin Fenix 6 and choose music to sync to Garmin through the "Music widget".
3) iHeartRadio streaming service also lets you extract music for playback on Garmin Fenix 6. Just download the Garmin iHeartRadio app from Connect IQ and select the streaming service as the music source. Then use the provided code to activate your account and begin to sync music to Garmin Fenix 6.
3. What Audio Formats Does Garmin Fenix 6 Support?
There are a couple of audio formats that Garmin Fenix 6 supports. These include AAC (Advanced Audio Coding files), WAV (Lossless, uncompressed, CD-quality files), M4A (audio-only format), MP3 (the standard non-DRM file format), M3U (multimedia music or playlist file) among many others.
Part 2. Download Apple Music onto Garmin Fenix 6 - Tool Required
Remember that Garmin is not compatible with the M4P audio format. And since that's the Apple Music audio format, you need to convert it to other formats that can be streamed on your Garmin Fenix 6.
AudFree Apple Music Converter is the tool you require to download Apple Music onto a Garmin Fenix 6 and other Garmin watches. It supports several output formats like WAV, AAC, FLAC, among others. More so, it will keep the lossless audio quality and ID3 tags like artist, subtitles, composer, among others.
You can't either compromise on the speed. It works fast at a 30X speed rate, to enable batch conversion of your audio files. And to get what you want is no worry. Simply customize the output parameters like sample rate, codec, speed, and volume to your desired settings.
AudFree Apple Music Converter for Garmin Fenix 6
How to Download Apple Music to Garmin Fenix 6-supported Audio Files
Follow this step-by-step guide to losslessly download Apple Music audio files for Garmin Fenix 6 with the aid of AudFree Audio Converter.
- Step 1Launch and register AudFree Audio Converter
- Download AudFree Apple Music Converter app from the official site, then install and launch it on your computer. You need to register the app to access its full version features. So, click the "Menu" bar and hit the "Register" tab. Next, input your license key and ensure you don't leave any spaces before or after the registration code.
- Step 2Import Apple Music songs to play on Garmin Fenix 6
- When you launch AudFree Audio Converter, the Apple Music app or iTunes app will also be loaded simultaneously. Now, locate the audio files you wish to convert from Apple Music then drag the tracks to the conversion window of AudFree Audio Converter interface.
- Step 3Customize Apple Music output format for Garmin Fenix 6
- When your Apple Music streams are already added, click on the "Edit" icon or "Format" button to choose the output format for your Apple Music based on the compatible requirement of Garmin Fenix 6. It supports you to convert M4P to MP3, FLAC, WAV, etc. You can also define other audio properties like channel, sample rate, bit rate to listen to Apple Music on Garmin Fenix 6 with better audio quality. Next, hit the "OK" button to make an effect of the settings.
- Step 4Download Apple Music onto Garmin Fenix 6-compatible files
- Click on the "Convert" button and AudFree Audio Converter will then convert your music to the common output format as you had set. Finally, locate them from the "History" folder to transfer them now freely to your Garmin Fenix 6.
Part 3. How to Add Downloaded Apple Music to Garmin Fenix 6
Your Apple Music is now free from restrictions and you can easily put Apple Music songs on Garmin Fenix 6.
Add Garmin Fenix 6 to Garmin Express App
Garmin Express application is basically designed to manage Garmin devices. Besides syncing fitness data, you can use it for device updates and product registration. Here's how to install the Garmin Express app.
Step 1: Go to the "Garmin Express" webpage and click the "Download" tab.
Step 2: Run the downloaded "GarminExpress.exe" file. You need to review the terms and conditions then click the "Checkbox".
Step 3: Hit the "Install" tab and wait for the installation process to complete. Then click the "Launch Garmin Express" tab to launch it on your computer.
Add Downloaded Apple Music to Garmin Watch
You have your converted Apple Music files on your computer and you have also installed the Garmin Express app. You are now finally able to get Apple Music on the Garmin Fenix 6.
Step 1: Once you launch Garmin Express app on your computer, go to the "Get Started" option and click on "Add a Device".
Step 2: Then connect your Garmin Fenix 6 to your computer using a USB cable.
Step 3: Select the "Add Device" tab and log in with your Garmin account.
Step 4: Next, choose the "Music" option on Garmin Express and locate the converted Apple Music files to add to your Garmin Fenix 6.
Step 5: Finally, hit the "Send to Device" option to get Apple Music on Garmin Fenix 6 for playback.
Part 4. In Conclusion
That's all to download and play Apple Music on Garmin Fenix 6. As a matter of fact, you can also follow this tutorial to play Apple Music on other Garmin watches, like Garmin Vivoactive 3, or Garmin Forerunner 654 Music, and more. Audio Converter is the best converter to help you stream and play Apple Music on multiple devices, such as smartwatches, MP3 players.