Q: "Is there any update regarding a Tidal Apple Watch app?" Sadly, no. Up till now, the only native music streaming service available on Apple Watch is Apple Music. Although Tidal is integrated into several wearables like Samsung Galaxy Gear, the app is still conspicuously missing from the Apple Watch.
Fortunately, it is still possible for us to enjoy Tidal on Apple Watch after doing a few tricks with the help of third-party software. So in this article, we are going to show you how the tricks work to get Tidal on Apple Watch within a few steps.
Part 1. Best Converter to Get Tidal for Apple Watch
Many users might know that Apple Watch allows syncing music from the music library on iPhone to the watch. So here's where the secret lies: In order to play Tidal on Apple Watch, we need to download Tidal songs onto computer, transfer the offline music downloads to iPhone, and then sync music to Apple Watch.
To make it work, we'll need the help from AudFree Tidal Music Downloader, which is a professional tool designed to download and convert Tidal tracks to common formats like MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. Because normally, even with Tidal HiFi or Premium subscription, you can only download Tidal music for offline listening on the Tidal mobile app. But AudFree Tidal Music Downloader has made it possible on the desktop too and helps users get rid of all restrictions on the Tidal downloads.
Even more, this tool can save 100% MQA Tidal tracks losslessly with all metadata preserved, such as artist, title, album art. Running on a Windows computer, AudFree Tidal Music Downloader can work at 5X downloading and conversion speed. If you are interested in how it works, you can get the free trial for Mac or Windows now with full functions present. You'll get to download the first one minute of each Tidal track.
Part 2. How to Get Tidal on Apple Watch: Detailed Steps
Here in this part, we will show all the steps required to get Tidal downloaded and then you'll also learn how to transfer music to Apple Watch for offline listening. Before getting started, please make sure you have installed the right version of AudFree Tidal Music Downloader along with the Tidal desktop app as well.
- Step 1Load music from Tidal to AudFree
- Launch the AudFree Tidal Music Downloader and the Tidal app will open automatically right after. Find the track or playlist you want to download from the Tidal app. Copy the link of the Tidal music and paste it to the search bar of AudFree's main interface. Then click the '+' button to add Tidal music into AudFree software.
- Step 2Customize Tidal output format and other parameters
- Mac users are able to find "AudFree Tidal Music Converter" on the menu bar of the desktop. Windows users just simply go to the "menu" icon from the upper-right corner to select "Preferences" > "Convert" section. iTunes supports WAV, AAC, MP3, etc., so you are suggested to choose the output format among them. You can also adjust other audio parameters according to your needs.
- Step 3Download Tidal music for Apple Watch
- Now tap on the "Convert" button at the bottom-right corner, and the AudFree Tidal Music Downloader will start to download and convert Tidal for Apple Watch. The whole conversion duration is based on the number of songs on the converting list. When the downloading finishes, a red spot with numbers will prompt up. Please click it to check and locate Tidal music downloads from the output folder.
- Step 4Load Tidal files to iPhone from iTunes Library
Now, you are supposed to upload Tidal music to iTunes Library, and later sync them to iPhone by following the steps below:
Step 1. Connect your iPhone to the computer. Open iTunes on desktop or the Music app on Mac OS.
Step 2. Click 'Music' > 'File' > 'Add Folder to Library' to select your converted Tidal music folder.
Step 3. Create a new playlist and put all your Tidal music in this new playlist.
Step 4. Tap your device on the top-right corner of iTunes, and go to 'Music' on the left menu bar.
Step 5. Check 'Sync Music' > 'Selected Playlists, artists, albums and genres'. Press "Sync" button to sync the Tidal playlist from iTunes library to iPhone.
- Step 5Sync Tidal music on Apple Watch from iPhone
Step 1. Put your Apple Watch on the charger.
Step 2. Open your iPhone, go to 'Settings' > 'Bluetooth' to turn it on.
Step 3. Run the Apple Watch app on iPhone, and scroll download to tap 'Music' option.
Step 4. Tap 'Add Music' and go ahead to 'Playlist' to sync the Tidal playlist onto your Apple Watch.
Once the processes complete, you are all done and free to ditch your iPhone at home, and directly play music on your Watch offline even without the Apple Watch Tidal app.
Video Tutorial: How to Listen to Tidal on Apple Watch
Here's a video that shows you how to get Tidal on Apple Watch for offline listening. You will see the clear steps to download Tidal music and learn how to load music on Apple Watch. "Can I listen to Tidal on Apple Watch?" There is no longer a negative answer to the question.