Q: With Apple Music subscriptions, Apple allows me to download and save Apple Music as well as listen to Apple Music streams offline on my authorized Apple devices without limitations. But I'd like to play Apple Music on my new MP3 player that can't recognize Apple Music tracks. Is there any solution on how to extract MP3 or other supported formats from Apple Music for playback on my portable device?
In fact, Apple Music tracks are encoded in M4P format (protected AAC format). If you'd like to export Apple Music to MP3, you'd better to get help from the profssional tools to record Apple Music as MP3 directly or to convert protected Apple Music M4P to MP3. Now, let's see the detailed tutorial on how to record from Apple Music.
Part 1. How to Record from Apple Music on Windows/Mac
There are a wide variety of audio recording tools to record Apple Music to computers, online or offline, free or paid. They will be able to record audio tracks playing from the computer soundcard or microphone. Here, we will introduce three 100% working tools for you.
Convert Apple Music with AudFree Apple Music Converter
Before displaying the methods to record Apple Music, we would like to state a different and easier way to get Apple Music on computers. That is to convert Apple Music to universal formats such as MP3, FLAC, etc. with an all-in-one third-party tool. Here, please look no further than AudFree Apple Music Converter.
It is such a reliable tool, which can convert Apple Music-protected AAC to MP3 and other common audio files, like FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and so on at 30X faster speed. With the assistance of this ultimate software, you can play Apple Music on any other device anytime without limits even though the Apple Music subscription gets canceled. Plus, it also works on iTunes M4P music, audiobooks, Audible audiobooks, and common audio files. Additionally, this smart tool works to customize output settings and parameters to preserve original sound quality and ID3 tags, which gives you an excellent listening experience.
Just download and install the AudFree Apple Music Converter on your computer. Also, please download Apple Music songs to computers with iTunes in advance. Then you can rip MP3 tracks from Apple Music without preamble.
- Step 1Add Apple Music files to AudFree Apple Music Converter
- Please click the first 'Add Files' button in the bottom left corner of the main interface, in which all Apple Music tracks downloaded from your iTunes library will appear automatically and you can select your favorite music files from iTunes. Alternatively, you can drag and drop the Apple Music file to the conversion window directly.
- Step 2Adjust output format for Apple Music
- AudFree Audio Converter supports lots of output audio files: MP3, WAV, FLAC, W4A, W4B, and AAC. To set Apple Music output audio format, please simply touch the 'format' tab with an audio icon in the bottom right corner. In this step, you can also customize the sample rate, bit rate, audio channel, etc. according to your needs. Besides, you can click the 'edit' button to customize ID3 tags as you like.
- Step 3Start to convert Apple Music to MP3
- Press the bottom-right 'Convert' button to launch the converting process. This software will automatically convert the added Apple Music songs to common formats that are available to most devices and players. The conversion times depend on how many Apple Music files you imported to. After conversion, you can locate MP3 files by one-click the 'file' icon.
Record Apple Music to MP3 via AudFree Audio Capture
Now, it's time to introduce the professional gadget that records Apple Music. You can meet AudFree Audio Capture , one of the most popular streaming music capture solutions. With advanced and innovative audio capturing technology, AudFree Audio Capture can record and grab songs, playlists, and albums from Apple Music with zero quality loss and save Apple Music to MP3, and other popular formats including FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B so that you can play Apple Music files on almost all popular devices and music players.
It also allows users to customize output audio quality and ID3 tags, split and cut unwanted audio files or merge some audio tracks into a new file. In addition to recording Apple Music, this smart audio recording tool can capture sound from other popular streaming music services, like Spotify, Tidal, Pandora, YouTube Music, etc.
Most importantly, different from other recorders, AudFree Audio Capture is capable to grab multiple songs and automatically record them as divided tracks and won't capture any noise while recording. Surprisingly, while recording the same Apple Music track, it will build new and separated recording files once you clicked on the time bar. It only recognizes and responds to the playing music audio sound. So you needn't worry about your breathing or acting sounds.
The following tutorial focuses on how to use AudFree Audio Capture to record from Apple Music and save all recording music tracks as MP3 so that you can transfer and listen to Apple Music on your MP3 player.
- Step 1Set up AudFree Apple Music capture
- When you launch the AudFree streaming music capture from your computer desktop, you will see there is a list of installed programs on your computer, like web browser, media player, music app, etc. You need to check whether the iTunes app is included in this software list. If not, please drag and drop the iTunes app from your computer desktop to the main interface. Alternatively, if you choose Google Chrome as the audio source, you can play songs from the Apple Music web player and start recording. since this tool also supports recording audio from website.
- Step 2Define output settings for Apple Music as MP3
- To record Apple Music to MP3 files, you should customize the output format to MP3. Just click the 'audio' icon in the bottom right corner and the setting window will pop up, in which you can choose MP3 as the target format and customize output audio quality without sound quality reduction by changing the bit rate, sample rate, etc. Likewise, you can set the audio format as FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B if you like.
- Step 3Play and record tracks from Apple Music
- At the starting window, please simply touch the iTunes app, iTunes and the recording window will be launched simultaneously. You can begin to find and play the Apple Music streams that you'd like to record as FLAC, MP3, or other formats. At the same time, the recorder will capture the playing Apple Music tracks automatically and you can see the real-time recording process.
- Step 4Edit and save Apple Music as MP3
- When all Apple Music contents are recorded completely, please touch the 'Stop' button to finish the recording process. And then you can tap the 'edit' icon at each audio recording to edit audio files such as trimming, editing ID3 tags, etc. Or you can just skip this step and hit on the 'Save' button to save Apple Music recordings to your computer.
Screen Record Apple Music with Tuneskit Screen Recorder
Resemble AudFree Audio Capture, Tuneskit Screen Recorder also works to record Apple Music. But different from the former, this powerful screen recorder is designed to record almost everything. It not only captures audio but also the whole screen, webcam, online video calls, webinars, gameplays, etc. on your computer. On top of that, it allows you to customize output audio or video settings in various formats. It is also possible to personalize the bit rate, sample rate, frame rate, quality, codec, and more.
Besides, it maintains the original high audio quality and empowers you to edit both audio recordings and tags. With so many features, you can regard it as also an editor.
Voila! To help you know how to use this gadget, here is a user guide for you:
Step 1. Install and open TunesKit Screen Recorder on your desktop.
Step 2. Find your favorite Apple Music songs from the Apple Music web player or the iTunes app.
Step 3. From the top-left menu, choose the 'Audio Recording' mode and turn on the third 'System Audio' option.
Step 4. Click on the upper-right 'gear' icon to customize the output settings for Apple Music.
Step 5. Once finished, please hit the red 'REC' button and at the same time, play the Apple Music track to start recording.
Step 6. You can touch on the 'Pause' for intermission or the 'Stop' icon to complete the recording process.
Afterward, you can check the recorded Apple Music audio or edit the recordings and ID3 tags under the 'Trim' and 'Tag' icons.
Part 2. How to Screen Record Apple Music on iPhone/iPad
Screen Record Apple Music with iPhone/iPad Inside Recoding Feature
To screen record with Apple Music playing via the internal recording feature on your iPhone or iPad, you can follow these steps:
Step 1. Bring up 'Control Center' by swiping down from the top right corner of your iPhone's screen.
Step 2. Click the 'Screen Recording' button like a circle icon with a dot inside until the 'Microphone Audio' option appears. Then turn it on to red, which means it is enabled.
Step 3. After the countdown finishes, you can start screen recording the playing Apple Music.
Step 4. Open the Apple Music app and start playing the music you want to record.
Step 5. Once you're done recording, please stop the screen recording process by clicking on the top-left red icon of your screen or by tapping on the red bar at the top of your screen and selecting 'Stop'.
Note: You may need to adjust your device's audio settings in advance to ensure that the music is being captured in your screen recording.
How to Screen Record with Apple Music Playing with Instagram
Apart from the camera or screen mirror on your iPhone or iPad, you can get aids from third-party applications such as Instagram to screen record Apple Music. The Instagram Story allows you to record sounds playing with its camera and the help of the microphone on your iPhone or iPad. Here, we will take you through how to screen record with Apple Music.
Step 1. Open the Instagram app on your iPhone or iPad.
Step 2. Select 'Your Story' from the upper left corner and then choose 'Camera'.
Step 3. Play a song on your computer and touch the bottom circle button to start screen recording on your mobile.
In this way, the screen-recorded video with Apple Music audio will be saved to your mobile.
Part 3. Record Apple Music to MP3 Online
There is also an online way to record music from Apple Music without needing to install extra third-party applications. Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder, one of the best streaming audio recorders, can help you to make it. Apowersoft serves as a free website that allows you to record all kinds of sounds play-to-go within several clicks. The recorded audio files will be stored as MP3 automatically on your computers, which means it enables you to record Apple Music to MP3. Here is a user guide for you.
Step 1. Put a song from Apple Music into currently playing mode.
Step 2. Navigate to the official website of Apowersoft.
Step 3. Hit the right 'Start Recording' button to enable it.
Step 4. Click on the 'System sound' from the new window.
Step 5. Touch on the 'Entire Screen' and 'Share system audio' buttons.
Step 6. Choose the screen picture field in the window and tap on 'Share'. Then the onlineApple Music to MP3 recorder will start recording.
Step 7. Tap on the 'Pause' or 'Stop' to control the recording process. Once recorded, click on 'Save'.
Once saved, go to the destination folder where you can listen to the recorded Apple Music audio.
Part 4. Comparison in Chart
To help you make a quick understanding of the difference between those Apple Music recorders, there is a comparison chart.
|AudFree Audio Converter||AudFree Audio Capture||Tuneskit Screen Recorder||Built-in Audio Recording||Instagram Story||Apowersoft|
|Supported Input Resource||All types of Apple Music||All types of audio||Anything from computer||All sounds play-go-on||All songs playing||System sound
|Audio Quality||Lossless quality||Lossless quality||High original quality||with noise||with noise||Lossy quality|
|Customize Audio Quality||✅||✅||✅||❎||❎||❎|
|Audio Channels||2 (Stereo/5.1 Sorround)||2 (Mono/Stereo)||2 (Mono/Stereo)||1||1||Real-time|
|Output Audio Formats||MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, M4B||MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A, M4B||MP3, FLAC, AIFF, AU, MKA, APE, OGG, WAV, WMA, AAC, AC3, M4A, M4R, CAF, WMA, ALAC, M4B||MP4||MP4||MP3|
|Edit ID3 Tags||✅||✅||✅||❎||❎||❎|
|Retain ID3 Tags||✅||✅||❎||❎||❎||✅|
Part 5. FAQs about Recording from Apple Music
Q1: Why can't I screen record Apple Music?
The copyright protection of Apple Music is the main source. Due to such protection, Apple Music tracks are encrypted with specific formats such as M4P (encrypted AAC) and unique ALAC, which are only allowed to download and stream on supported devices. Some recording actions will be avoided. To solve this problem, you need a professional recording tool as we stated to decode Apple Music safely.
Q2: How to screen record with Apple Music playing?
The Screen Mirror feature and the screen recording widget on the control center on your iPhone or iPad are feasible to screen record while playing Apple Music. However, both features may result in screen recording Apple Music no sound troubles. So, we highly recommend you use an all-in-one gadget to convert or record Apple Music. AudFree Apple Music Converter is a great shot for you.
Q3: How to add audio recording to Apple Music?
The process is similar to uploading local music files to Apple Music. On the Apple Music app or iTunes, select the 'File' > 'Add File to Library'. After finding your favorite audio, click on 'Open' or 'Import' to upload the audio files to Apple Music.
Part 6. In Conclusion
Methods on how to record from Apple Music on Windows, Mac, iPhone, iPad, and even online have been presented in this post. And the above chart shows that AudFree Apple Music Converter and the AudFree Audio Capture get obvious edges over other methods for the lossless audio quality and abundant audio output formats. Also, if you don't care about the audio quality and screen recording issues, those three methods are good shots.