After the launch of Apple Music, more and more young people love to use it to listen to music. It offers over 110 million songs, with more tracks being added every day. It is a subscription-based music service, which means, to access its music content, you need to subscribe to it first. Apple Music subscribers can find and enjoy any song they like in the vast library. However, once you cancel your Apple Music subscription, all of Apple Music's songs are gone. What's worse, you can't enjoy them on other MP3 media players or devices.
That is why many users are looking for a professional tool to rip songs from Apple Music. If you are also looking for a good one, you are so lucky. Here we will recommend the 5 best Apple Music rippers to help you rip and download Apple Music as local files and keep songs forever. With the help of them, you can simply get Apple music in plain music formats and play it on any device you like.
Part 1. Best Apple Music Ripper for Mac/Windows - AudFree Auditior
The top Apple Music ripper on our list is the AudFree Apple Music Converter. This feature-rich tool will convert Apple Music, audiobooks, iTunes songs, and among other files to local formats like WAV, AAC, MP3, etc. More so, you can add more spice by customizing your audio to personalize the output audio quality. It empowers you to change the bit rate, speed audio channel, codec, volume, etc.
The speed is super-fast, converting your audio files up to a 30X speed rate. It will also keep the ID3 tags of the output audios like genre, title, album, and among others.
Why Does AudFree Apple Music Converter Stand Out
✔ Rip All Content from Apple Music as Local Files Losslessly
AudFree Apple Music Ripper supports all resources from Apple Music and iTunes such as songs, playlists, albums, podcasts, and even audiobooks.
✔ Convert Apple Music to FLAC/WAV/MP3/AAC/M4A
This powerful ripping tool can convert audio from Apple Music to various formats. This way, it allows you to play Apple Music on any device or player you want at any time.
✔ Convert at a 30X Speed in Batches
This feature-rich software also supports you to rip Apple Music audio at a 30X faster speed. And it can convert multiple tracks together in batches, which saves you much time.
✔ Customize Output Format and Parameters
The default output format is MP3. You can change to other formats by personalizing its output settings. Besides, you can also change the bitrate, sample rate, audio channel, and more parameters.
✔ Play Apple Music on All Devices and Players
Since it rips Apple Music to multiple commonly-used formats, you are allowed to play the Apple Music rippings on any platform at any time.
✔ Keep & Edit Full ID3 Tags for Apple Music
With advanced decode technology, this tool is able to retain all metadata info including ID3 tags. And it owns an edit feature to change the ID3 tags.
- Support all audios from Apple Music, Audible, iTunes, and other common audio content
- Support multiple output audio formats like MP3, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4A,and M4B
- Allow to change output audio quality, bitrate, sample rate, etc.
- Rip Apple Music losslessly with all ID3 tags kept
- Super-fast rip speed of up to 30X
- Rip Dolby Atmos from Apple Music
- Only has Mac and Windows versions
How to Rip Apple Music to MP3 Losslessly with AudFree Auditior
The app is hot and the process is lossless. AudFree Apple Music Converter encompasses powerful technological features that easily convert Apple Music audio to MP3 or other formats via these simple steps. This software is available on both PC and MAC, which is also safe and legal to use for private and educational purposes. Now, let's get right to the user guide.
- Step 1Import Apple Music songs to AudFree Auditior
- Once you launch AudFree Auditior, Apple Music and iTunes will be loaded at the same time. Next, find audio files from your computer's hard drive then drag the tracks that you wish to convert into the AudFree Apple Music Converter for Mac conversion window. Alternatively, use the first "Load iTunes Library" buttons in the bottom left corner to import the audio to the converter's interface. The app supports batch conversion and you can add multiple files simultaneously.
- Also, you can find the 'Edit' feature while hovering over a track. This feature enables you to edit the ID3 tags before you move to convert your audio.
- Step 2Change Apple Music output format to MP3
- When you finish adding files into the AudFree Apple Music Converter, hit the bottom-right "Format" button looking like a speaker icon, and choose the MP3 output format or other format you want to convert your audio. Likewise, you can define the audio properties like channel, bit rate, and sample rate.
- Step 3Rip Apple Music lossless locally
- Confirm your entries and then click on the "Convert" button to rip Apple Music lossless to MP3. Finally, peruse the converted songs or audiobooks from your computer's folder for transfer by clicking the "History" tab labeled with a spot of the number of tracks. You'll attain Apple Music in a lossless format and then listen to the audio from any device or player.
Part 2. More Apple Music Rippers for Mac/Windows - AudFree Audio Capture
The next recommended tool is AudFree Audio Capture. This application will perfectly capture any music track, including the Apple Music playing on your computer. It can capture and record tracks from any browser and music site in minutes. And once audio from different formats is recorded, you can easily save them to popular output formats like AAC, WAV, M4A, etc., and play them on any device and player.
This app supports real-time previews, ensuring you convert what's best for you. Also, easily customize the recorded audio quality like audio channel, sample rate, and bit rate as you adjust the music quality. And if you wish to edit your piece before ripping, well you can merge, trim, split, and perform other edits for a perfect audio outcome.
- Capture and rip any audio playing on computer without noise
- Keep original audio quality and sound effects, supporting up to 32 bit
- Grab multiple audio tracks from various sources
- ID3 tag editor feature lets you fix and edit artwork cover titles, etc.
- Edit your files to merge, split, trim, etc.
- Play your audio on any portable device and player
- Only support Windows and Mac system
How to Rip Music from Apple Music with AudFree Audio Capture
Follow this guide to use this ripper for Mac or Windows in simple steps.
- Step 1Customize output format for capturing Apple Music
- Open AudFree Audio Capture and define the output format of your file by clicking on the "Format" button that looks like a speaker icon at the bottom-right corner of the AudFree Capture app. Then begin to customize the settings like codec, sample rate, and bit rate.
- Step 2Play and capture audio tracks from Apple Music
- Go to the starting window and touch the target program. A new recording window will pop up. Next, play the Apple Music songs that you wish to capture and the Apple Music lossless ripper will start the recording process at a 30X speed in batches.
- Step 3Save and edit your Apple Music audio
- After recording, click the "Edit" icon to edit your track as desired. Here, you can cut unwanted segments, split your audio, merge files, and among other functions. Then save your recordings on your PC. You are now free to export the audio files and play them on any device offline.
Part 3. Apple Music Ripper Free - Audacity
Another best Apple Music free ripper is Audacity. It is a free and open-source, cross-platform software that you can use as an audio editor for Windows, Linux, macOS, etc. This app can record Apple Music and live audio through your microphone or mixer. The sound quality is also superb as it supports 16-bit, 24-bit, and 32-bit rates.
- Free to use
- Real-time preview
- Easily export your file recordings in many formats of file
- Easily edit your audio by the cut, delete, copy, paste features, etc.
- It can record live audio or digitize recordings from other media
- Complicated to use
- Output audio quality is not lossless
How to Get Apple Music Rip with Audacity
Step 1. First, launch the Audacity program on your computer.
Step 2. Then click on the "Edit" tab from the top toolbar of the screen to open a new window.
Step 3. From the window, draw down the "Host" tab and choose the "Windows WASAPI".
Step 4. From the 'Playback Device' option, select your computer's default speaker or headphones.
Step 5. Go to the main interface, play an Apple Music song, and click on the red 'Record' button.
Part 4. Apple Music Ripper GitHub - Freyr
There are many people looking for an Apple Music downloader GitHub. Thankfully, Freyr is such a ripper you can find it on GitHub. It is able to download and rip music from Apple Music, Spotify, and Deezer. After downloading, all the metadata and album artwork will be kept originally. Although it is free to use, the output quality is still 320kbps. So, if you want to find an GitHub ripper for Apple Music, you can think about it.
- Free to use
- Support Apple Music, Spotify, and Deezer
- Keep original metadata such as ID3 tags of each song
- A little bit hard to install and use with command-line interface
- Low audio quality and less output formats
How to Rip Songs from Apple Music with Freyr
Step 1. Download and install Freyr-js or Freyr-gui from GitHub.
Step 2. Open Apple Music and copy the URL of the song you want to rip.
Step 3. Open Freyr and paste the copied URL into it.
Step 4. Start ripping songs from Apple Music. And the songs will be saved in AAC automatically.
Part 5. Apple Music Ripper Online - Apowersoft Free Audio Recorder Online
If you don't want to install extra apps, you can also think about an online ripper to rip Apple Music. Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder is such a thing. It is popular and convenient to use. All you need is a stable Internet connection and you are good to go. Use Apowersoft Online Audio Recorder to record sound from your computer. It is also compatible with major browsers like Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc.
- Use it to save your chats and voice meetings
- Add ID3 tags for organized recorded audio
- Easily share audio to various platforms like Google Plus and YouTube
- Output audio quality is not lossless
- Only support MP3 format
How to Rip from Apple Music with Apowersoft
Step 1. You first need to install a launcher if it's your first time using the app. Then click on the "Start Recording" tab and select the audio source. And click on 'System Sound' to open a new window. From it, click on 'Entire Screen' > 'Share'.
Step 2. Easily control your audio recording by using the "Start", "Pause", or "Stop" buttons.
Step 3. Finally, locate your recorded file in the "Output directory" by clicking the "Show in Folder" option.
Step 4. Freely listen to your audio as you wish.
Part 6. FAQs about Apple Music Ripper
We answered some frequently asked questions about Apple Music top rippers. You can get a quick look if you still have questions.
Q1: Why Can't I Convert Apple Music to MP3?
A: Apple Music doesn't support MP3 format. And to convert Apple Music to MP3 with AudFree Apple Music Converter or others, please download the ALAC or M4P files with your Apple Music account in advance. Then you can convert the ALAC and M4P files to MP3 successfully.
Q2: How to Rip Apple Music Lossless?
A: You can use AudFree Auditior to rip music from Apple Music losslessly. Because it will keep the original sound quality of all your Apple Music songs.
Q3: Can I Rip Music from iTunes?
A: You can only rip music from iTunes with a professional tool like AudFree Auditior.
Part 7. Comparison of Best 5 Apple Music Rippers
|AudFree Auditior||AudFree Audio Capture||Audacity||Freyr||Apowersoft|
|Supported Input||All content from Apple Music, iTunes, and Audible||Any music track and Music videos
playing on computer
||All audio playing on computer||• Apple Music
|All audio playing on computer|
|Supported Output||MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, M4B||FLAC, MP3, M4A, WAV, M4B, AAC||WAV, AIFF, MP3, AU, FLAC, OGG||AAC, FLAC||MP3|
|Keep ID3 Tags||✔||✔||❌||✔||❌|
|Conversion Speed||30X rate||X5||Real-time||Low||Real-time|
|Compatibility||Mac, Windows||Mac, Windows||Mac, Windows, Linux||Mac, Windows||Mac, Windows|
|Price||• 1-month: $14.95
• 1-quarter license: $29.95
• Lifetime license: $69.95
|• 1-month: $14.95
• 1-quarter license: $29.95
• Lifetime license: $34.95
|Free||Free||• 1-month: $39.95
• Annual: $59.95
• Single license: $99.95/lifetime
Among the top 5 best Apple Music rippers, AudFree Apple Music Converter is worth giving a shot since it can cater to your all demands and is the only one which can rip Apple Music lossless. So, if you are concerned about output audio quality, you should definitely choose it. However, if you just want to tackle Apple music ripping, you can consider the other four rippers.