Compared to the desktop version of the Spotify app, Spotify browser player offers an easier and faster way to play Spotify in browser. It is convenient for you to log into your Spotify account when using a public computer, or some mobile devices without Spotify app installed.
The Spotify web browser provides a compelling user experience for listening to Spotify music online. So, is it possible to download songs from Spotify browser? In the following, we will show you the simple steps to play Spotify from browser and download Spotify from Spotify web browser for offline listening.
Part 1. How to Play Spotify in Browser
There are a lot of features deep in the browser for Spotify. You can also find almost full features on the web app. Also, the user interface design of the Spotify browser is basically the same as the desktop Spotify client. So there's really no reason to have any trouble using the Spotify browser player. Just follow the tutorial below to play Spotify on web browser.
How to Play Spotify from Browser on Desktop
Step 1. Open the Chrome, Firefox or any browser you most-used.
Step 2. Go to the main page of the Spotify browse: https://open.spotify.com/.
Step 3. Choose 'Log In' and type in your username and password.
Step 4. After logging in, just search for what you would like from the 'Search' on the left panel, or open 'Your Library' to get access to all your music collection.
How to Listen to Spotify on Web Browser on Mobile
Step 1. Go to www.spotify.com on your phone and sign in to your Spotify account.
Step 2. Tap the "Menu" button to select "Web Player".
Step 3. Tap on the "Settings" icon and hit the "Enable Web Player" button.
Step 4. Now you can listen to your favorite Spotify tracks on web browser.
Part 2. Pros and Cons of Playing Spotify Web Browser
The Spotify browser player has been out for years and is fairly easy to use. If you're new to Spotify, let's take a look at the positives and negatives of using Spotify on browser.
Pros of Spotify Web Browse
1. Portability. As long as you have you a Spotify account, you can access songs sing the Spotify web player anytime and anywhere.
2. More hotkeys. Hotkeys are very useful in any application, especially when you are working. You can easily add the Spotify hotkey plugin to various browsers to make it work. You can also use the keyboard hotkeys to control the songs on the browser for Spotify.
3. Intuitive user interface. The Spotify browser player looks clean, organized and works very well. You can simply find and play your favorite Spotify music via the navigation bar.
4. Space saving. When launching and using the Spotify app, it takes up some system resources, whereas web access does not. The Spotify browser helps to save memory on both your computer and your phone. While your computer and phone can freeze up when too many programs are running at the same time, Spotify browser can effectively bypass this potential problem.
Cons of Spotify Web Browser
1. Lower streaming quality. The bitrate of the playing tracks on Spotify online browser are much lower than the ones on Spotify desktop app. Free accounts can only get 128kbps while premium users can only choose 256kbps as the best output quality on Spotify browser. Normally, the bitrate can up to 160kbps for free users and 320kbps for premium subscribers on the desktop client.
2. Spotify browser player not working. Sometimes the Spotify web browser will occur some errors that can't be fixed easily. The desktop app is more stable in this aspect.
3. Incompatibility of audio playback controls. The audio playback controls for your computer system and headphones do not work with the Spotify browser player.
4. No offline mode. Spotify app has download and offline listening options, but you can't download songs from Spotify web player, even if you're a premium user.
Part 3. How to Download Spotify Songs from Browser Online
Although there is no official way to download songs in Spotify browser, you can make use of Spotify-Downloader to solve this problem. It is actually a free web tool that runs in Google Chrome. It is specifically designed to assist users in downloading Spotify tracks as MP3 on Spotify web browser. Without further ado, let's take a look at the steps to download and listen to Spotify on browser via Spotify-Downloader.
Note: This online method will have some drawbacks, such as MP3 being the only supported output format and there are still some spam ads on the webpage. Also, you cannot download Spotify podcasts via Spotify-Downloader. If you want to download any Spotify content to MP3 and other common formats, then AudFree Spotify Music Downloader introduced in Part 4 is your best helper.
Step 1. Open and login to the Spotify web browser, find the Spotify song you want to download and copy the URL of the track.
Step 2. Visit the official Spotify-Downloader website and paste the Spotify URL link into the search bar.
Step 3. Click the "Submit" button to start downloading Spotify music to MP3 format.
Part 4. How to Download 320kbps Spotify Songs without Limits
As you know, only premium users can download Spotify songs in the Spotify app. To free up free users, here's a simple trick to download Spotify songs without premium. You just need to take advantage of AudFree Spotify Music Downloader, a downloading tool dedicated to Spotify music. It caters for every Spotify user, including free and premium users.
With it, you can download songs, playlists, podcasts, albums, etc. from Spotify as local files. Then you can play downloaded Spotify songs offline on any device and player. In addition, this clever tool offers a wide range of output formats for you to choose from. You can convert Spotify to MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, etc. with 100% 320kbps quality kept. In this way, you can get the highest audio quality of your Spotify songs.
How to Download 320kbps Spotify Songs without Limits
- Step 1Stream Spotify Tracks to AudFree SpoDable
- Download and launch AudFree Spotify Music Downloader on the desktop. Go to the Spotify app and log into your account. Search for individual track or playlist that you would download. Next, click the three-dot icons beside it to get the link to it. Then copy and paste the link to the search bar, and click to the '+' button to add songs.
- Step 2Change Output Settings of Spotify Songs
- Please find the Menu form the top side, then choose the Preferences and turn to Convert. Now, you are able to customize the output settings. To download the highest quality of Spotify songs, please select the output format to MP3, bitrate to 320kbps and sample rate to 48000 Hz.
- Step 3Download Songs from Spotify without Premium
- Hit on the big "Convert" icon on the main page, then the conversion will start and run at 5X speed if the network condition is perfect. It is better to shut down programs to speed up. The converting goes for some time relying on the numbers of tracks. After that, please follow the red spot to open the local folder where all converted Spotify songs saved.
Part 5. How to Listen to Spotify on Web Browser without Ads
When Spotify free users play music in web browser, you inevitably hear ads in between tracks. If you're looking for a free way to get rid of annoying Spotify ads, then SpotiAds comes into play. It's an adblocker for Spotify web browser that blocks audio ads from playing on Spotify. It's actually a free Chrome extension and you can check out the simple guide below to use it.
Step 1. Visit the Chrome web store to search for "SpotiAds".
Step 2. Click "Add to Chrome" button to add SpotiAds to your browser.
Step 3. Open the Spotify web browser and play your favorite songs. Afterwards, the SpotiAds tool will ensure that you can use Spotify on browser without being interrupted by ads.
Part 6. Conclusion
As for how to play and download Spotify in Spotify web browser, this article provides a detailed tutorial. Alternatively, you can use AudFree Spotify Music Downloader to download Spotify songs with premium for offline use on any device. Just enjoy your favorite tunes in Spotify browser to your heart's content.