Compared with the desktop version of the Spotify app, Spotify browser player offers you an easier and faster way to listen to Spotify in browser. It is convenient for you to log into your Spotify account when using a public computer, or some mobile devices without Spotify app installed.
In addition to the portable feature, Spotify browser also helps to save the CPU usage of the computer. The Spotify desktop app will occupy some system resources when launching and using it. And sometimes the computer may freeze when running too many programs at the same time. The browser for Spotify can effectively bypass this potential issue.
With the features mentioned above, the Spotify online browser provides a compelling user experience to listen to Spotify music online. So, what about the listen to Spotify through browser offline? Is it possible to download songs from Spotify browser? In the following contents, I will show you brief steps to play Spotify in browser, and more importantly, to guide you on how to download Spotify from Spotify web browser for offline listening.
Part 1. How to Use Spotify in Browser: Brief Steps
There are a lot of features deep in the browser for Spotify. You can also find almost full features on the web app. Also, the user interface design of the Spotify browser is basically the same as the desktop Spotify client. So, there is really no reason to use the Spotify browser player with any hassle.
Step 1. Open the Chrome, Firefox or any browser you most-used.
Step 2. Go to the main page of the Spotify browse: https://open.spotify.com/
Step 3. Choose 'Log In' and type in your username and password.
After logging in, just search for what you would like from the 'Search' on the left panel, or open 'Your Library' to get access to all your music collection.
Part 2. Download Spotify Music from Spotify Browser Player
Drawbacks of Web Browser for Spotify
Although the Spotify online browser is quite easy to use, there are still some shortcomings of it.
1. Lower streaming quality. The bitrate of the playing tracks on Spotify online browser are much lower than the ones on the Spotify desktop app. Free accounts can only get 128kbps while premium users can only choose 256kbps as the best output quality on the Spotify browser. Normally, the bitrate can up to 160kbps for free users and 320kbps for premium subscribers on the desktop client.
2. Spotify browser not working. Sometimes the Spotify online browser will occur some errors that can't be fixed easily. The desktop app is more stable in this aspect.
3. Incompatibility of audio playback controls. The audio playback controls of your computer system and the headphone can't use for the Spotify web browser.
Play Spotify from Browser and Download Songs as Local Files
To play Spotify from the browser with hassle-free, you can try this simple trick to completely solve the issues mentioned above.
This trick contains the usage of AudFree Spotify Music Downloader which is a specific audio converter for Spotify music. Well-designed to satisfy every Spotify user, this tool is available to both free and premium accounts to download Spotify audios from Spotify browser player, saving them as local files for offline playing on any device and player.
Besides, this smart tool offers multiple output formats for a choice that you can convert Spotify to MP3, AAC, FLAC, WAV, etc. with 100% 320kbps quality kept. In this way, you can get the highest bitrate of Spotify songs even if using the web version.
Steps to Download Spotify Music from Browser
- Step 1Stream Spotify tracks or playlists to AudFree
- Download and launch AudFree Spotify Music Downloader on the desktop. Go to the Spotify web browser and log into your account. Search for individual track or playlist that you would download. Next, click the three-dot icons beside it to get the link to it. And copy & paste the link to the search bar in AudFree. Click to the '+' button to add songs to AudFree.
- Step 2Change the output settings of Spotify songs
- If you are using Windows, please find the menu form the top side of AudFree. Then choose the "Preferences" and turn to Convert". If you are using the Mac, please find "AudFree Spotify Music Converter" under Mac's menu. Then open "Preferences" > "Convert". Now, you are able to customize the output settings. To download the highest quality of Spotify songs, please select the output format to MP3, bitrate to 320kbps and sample rate to 48000 Hz.
- Step 3Start to download Spotify playlists from Spotify browser
- Hit on the big "Convert" icon on the main page of AudFree. The conversion will start and run at 5X speed if the network condition is perfect. It is better to shut down programs to speed up. The converting goes for some time relying on the numbers of tracks. After that, please follow the red spot to open the local folder where all converted songs saved.
Tips: You can also use the keyboard hotkeys to control the songs on the browser for Spotify. Here I list 3 most-used hotkeys on Chrome browser and Firefox browser for you.
1. Pause or Play: Alt+Shift+P
2. Play Next Track: Alt+Shift+"."
3. Play Previous Track: Alt+Shift+","