When you listening to a piece of music, there must be a moment that you want to understand the meaning of lyrics, or humming with the song. Then you need to quickly access the lyrics. And it could be better if the lyrics are synced with the music. As one of the most-used streaming music apps, Spotify is planning to roll out real-time lyrics feature again. This new feature has been tested over the past few months, now it is going to be added to the Spotify app on Android and iOS devices.
Well, It is not the first time that Spotify uses the music-synced lyrics. The lyrics functions today are delivered by Musixmatch, the same company that has cooperated with Spotify in the past and ended their partnership in 2016.
So, how to get Spotify lyrics on Android, Mac, and desktop? In this article, you will learn about how to use real-time Spotify lyrics. Plus, I will introduce a useful solution to solve the problem of Spotify music lyrics not working.
Part 1. How to View Spotify Lyrics on Computer
The full lyrics are not applied to all Spotify tracks. To identify the supported songs, you could see a "Lyrics" sign next to the artist's name in the playlist. If you don't see the sign, then the lyrics are not available for the song which is playing. Now let's see how to turn on Spotify lyrics.
Step 1. Start playing a track on your mobile phone. Click the Now Playing icon from the bottom of the screen.
Step 2. Scroll down to see "Behind the Lyrics". Now it shows the full lyrics of the current song instead.
Step 3. Expand to get Spotify lyrics on the whole screen. The current verse will highlight in white to let you sing along.
Tip: If you are using Spotify on the iPad, please go to the side menu and click the album artwork to check lyrics.
Part 2. Spotify Music Lyrics Not Working: Fixed
Sometimes there are "Behind the Lyrics" indicator but users are still unable to see the lyrics when the song is playing. Don't worry, in the following paragraph, you will get a useful solution.
This method requires help from a third-party tool called AudFree Spotify Music Downloader. This smart tool is completely safe and clean, please use it with ease. It offers 2 main functions: download Spotify songs as local music files and convert Spotify tracks to MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A such common formats. Every converted Spotify stream will keep the original sound quality and entire ID3 tags, such as artists, albums, album art, and so forth. With the help of this tiny but powerful program, you are able to download any favorite Spotify song for forever collection.
There are 2 versions of AudFree Spotify Music Converter. The unregistered version only supports to convert 1 min of each Spotify song, while the registered version can accommodate 100 Spotify songs and convert them at once click. In the following tutorial, I will take the registered version as an example to show you how to download and use Spotify lyrics.
- Step 1Choose and import Spotify music to AudFree
- Install and open AudFree Spotify Music Converter on the computer. Then the Spotify desktop app will automatically launch. On the page of Spotify, select the songs that you would like to see the lyrics but has the problem of lyrics not working. Then drag and drop the song to AudFree's interface. If you want to load an entire playlist, it is more convenient to copy the URL and paste it to the search box in AudFree. Then hit the "+" icon.
- Step 2Change the output settings as you prefer
- Click the menu icon on the top side menu list. Open "Preferences" and choose "Convert" part. There are many output parameters for you to reset, including formats, bit rate, codec, sample rate, etc. It is suggested to choose MP3 which is the most compatible format. Please remember to save the changes.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music to get lyrics
- Now you can click the "Convert" button to start converting. The phase will last some time, depending on the number of tracks and the network speed. Wait until the process finished. After that, you can check the "History" icon to locate the converted files.
- Step 4Use the SoundHound app to see lyrics
- Download and open the SoundHound app. Start playing the converted Spotify tracks out loud. Then turn to SoundHound and tap to detect the song that is playing. Or you can directly search for the track that you want to view the lyrics. The lyrics will show on the screen and scroll along with the music.