Q: "I would like to be able to play Spotify on REAPER. Is this possible? I did some googling but didn't have any luck. If someone succeeds in this performance, can the method be shared with me?"
As happens with the bright idea of importing Spotify music to REAPER for playback, it occurs to plenty of people. However, few have succeeded due to the particularity of Spotify music files. Presumably, we all know that Spotify songs can solely be available on the Spotify app. Even for premium users who have an option to download Spotify music, they only get permission to listen to music offline within Spotify app.
Now that doesn't mean there is no way to figure this out. You can try a professional piece of software to clear restrictions from Spotify tracks, thereby importing Spotify music to REAPER for playing. In case you don't have a clue on such a Spotify tool, read this article and you will get what you need.
Part 1. Best Spotify to REAPER Converter - AudFree Spotify Music Converter
It should be noticed that Spotify applies Ogg Vorbis format to encrypt all its content. This security measure effectively stop any user from using Spotify music outside the Spotify app. So for the task of adding Spotify songs to REAPER, you can't get it done without a powerful Spotify converting tool like AudFree Spotify Playlist Converter.
By using such a tool, you are provided with the ability to convert any Spotify music to MP3 or other common audio formats including M4A, M4B, AAC, WAV, FLAC, so that you have a practicable path to use Spotify on REAPER without difficulty. If needed, you can even modify output music quality by customizing sample rate, bit rate, etc. to get a better Spotify music listening experience on REAPER.
AudFree Spotify software runs at 5X amazing speed. It won't take you much time to perform Spotify conversion. Above all, it's processed by the sophisticated technique, which ensures no original quality and ID3 tags loss during conversion.
Part 2. How to Import Spotify Music to REAPER with AudFree
After introduction of AudFree Spotify to REAPER converter, the following presents complete steps to guide how to use AudFree Spotify software to add Spotify Music to REAPER for offline use without copyright restrictions.
- Step 1Copy Spotify tracks to AudFree
- First of all, please equip your computer with AudFree Spotify Music Converter and launch it. In the meantime, Spotify app will start automatically. Sing in to your Spotify account and browse Spotify music library to find tracks that you wish to listen on REAPER. Then, simply drag and drop these Spotify tracks to AudFree's startup window. Instead, you can copy the link of Spotify song and paste it to the search bar of AudFree, and click "+" icon to load up.
- Step 2Set Spotify output profiles for REAPER
- In the following step, it is necessary for you to choose "Preferences" from the Menu option shaped by a three-line icon. Here, hit on "Convert" to extend output setting panel, in which you have the allowance to choose any output format, and adjust channel, sample rate, bit rate to customize output quality as you like. Once done, press "OK" to comfirm and save.
- Step 3Convert Spotify music for REAPER
- Before starting the conversion process, you are able to click "..." icon next to "Output" bar to custom destination folder. After that, lightly touch "Convert" to locally download Spotify tracks to computer. Wait until all Spotify songs are saved to local. Navigate to "Converted" window and use a search icon to quickly locate the downloaded Spotify files.
- Step 4Import Spotify songs to REAPER
- Now, all you have to do is adding Spotify songs from local folder to REAPER. To do this, you install and open REAPER first. Then, head to "File" > "Open project..." to upload local Spotify files to REAPER. More simply, hit on the icon marked by red box as shown above to route Spotify audio files to REAPER.
Part 3. Final Verdict
That's where the tutorial ends. Although short, it is informative enough. At least, you get a simple yet useful solution - AudFree Spotify Music Converter to import Spotify to REAPER. This is a good Spotify converting and downloading tool that is worth its weight in gold. Using it, even if you are a free Spotify user, you get access to locally save Spotify songs for offline playback not only on REAPER but also on any other app and device with ease.