"Does Tidal have an equalizer?" This question is often asked by many users. Unfortunately, Tidal does not currently have a built-in equalizer.
As one of the premium streaming services, Tidal provides users with millions of HiFi quality songs. However, many users are still looking for a good EQ for Tidal.
With a Tidal equalizer, you can change the bass, treble, and other audio settings to get a better listening experience. That way, you can listen to full studio-quality music even if you don't have professional headphones.
That's why we've rounded up Tidal's top 7 best equalizers for Android, iOS, Windows, and Mac here. Plus, you'll learn a perfect way to play Tidal freely on any Tidal EQ.
- Part 1. Overview of the 7 Best Equalizer for Tidal
- Sennheiser CapTune (Android/iOS)
- 10 Band Equalizer (Android)
- Equalizer FX (Android/iOS)
- Music Volume EQ (Android)
- Boom Bass Booster & Equalizer (Android/iOS)
- Equalizer APO (Windows)
- Amarra (Windows/Mac/iOS)
- Part 2. Pros and Cons of 7 Best Tidal Equalizers
- Part 3. How to Play Tidal on Any Tidal Music Equalizer
Part 1. Overview of the 7 Best Tidal Equalizers
After carefully testing and comparing all the music equalizers on the market, we finally found the top 7 Tidal app equalizers. Check them out to select the one you like!
Top 1. Sennheiser CapTune (Android/iOS)
While Tidal doesn't have a built-in equalizer, Sennheiser has a new sound optimization app called CapTune that has Tidal built-in. It's actually a high-quality music player and a powerful tuning app that gives you new standards of fidelity. You can use CapTune to make precise adjustments and find the correct settings for your listening environment.
If running is your passion, you can set up a running playlist with a peppy bass boost. With Sennheiser CapTune, you can enjoy Tidal's lossless music exactly as the artist intended.
- Excellent music player and EQ for Tidal
- Easy-to-use interface design
- Compatible with Tidal's Hi-Fi music
- Choose from pre-installed sound profiles to customize music
- Sometimes crashes occur
Top 2. 10 Band Equalizer (Android)
10 Band Equalizer is a free app that allows you to adjust 10 different frequencies, as most equalizers are limited to 5 bands. In this case, you can further refine the sound to create the exact sound you want. And this Tidal equalizer app can adjust the frequency from 31Hz to 16kHz, ranging from 10dB to -10dB.
Additionally, the 10-band equalizer has a built-in music player. With the 10-band EQ turned on in a stack, you can manually adjust the frequencies or choose one from the preset options. Importantly, the app does a good job of tuning the sound for a wide range of uses.
- Adjustable 10-band equalizer available for high customization
- Easy-to-use interface
- Work with most music apps to control music playback
- Contain ads
- There is no pro version to remove ads
Top 3. Equalizer FX (Android/iOS)
Equalizer FX is a more modern version of equalizer Tidal with a clean interface that makes it especially easy for anyone to use. It also features clever preset auto-detection. This means that it can detect the best matching EQ preset based on the song you're currently listening to. You'll also be surprised to find bass boost, virtualization and loudness booster while using it.
Equalizer FX also works with most music players including Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, Google Play Music and more. It includes a paid version and a free version. The paid version adds some features to the free version and removes ads.
- Preset auto-detection
- Bass boost, surround sound, and sound amplifier
- Delete, edit, and rename presets
- User-friendly interface
- It is limited to a 5-band equalizer for Tidal
Top 4. Music Volume EQ (Android)
Music Volume EQ is also popular Tidal equalizer Android available. It actually works pretty well, as it has the standard five-band EQ and bass booster. At the same time, you can also perfectly get the bass boost, volume control, loudness boost and other functions. It is worth mentioning that it is completely free and works with most audio players, allowing you to enjoy high-quality Tidal music streaming.
- Media audio control
- Bass booster and 3D virtualizer effects
- 9 equalizer presets and custom presets
- Compatible with most Android music players and video players
- On-screen banner ads
Top 5. Boom Bass Booster & Equalizer (Android/iOS)
Boom Bass Booster & Equalizer is a Tidal equalizer iPhone and Android available. It is developed for Tidal and Spotify. It features a customizable 8-band or 16-band equalizer, and 29 hand-crafted equalizer presets like Pop, Dubstep, and more. With patented technology, you can experience stunning 3D surround sound on your headphones.
It has a clean and user-friendly interface that requires no professional skills to handle. By the way, the service of Boom Bass Booster & Equalizer is paid. Although there is a 7-day free trial version, you'd better buy its subscription to get unconditional and unlimited access to all features.
- 3D Surround Sound and Powerful Bass
- Stream Tidal and Spotify Music
- Use 16-band or 8-band EQs
- 29 hand-crafted EQ presets
- It's not free to users
Top 6. Equalizer APO (Windows)
Equalizer APO is an open-source parametric/graphic EQ for Tidal on Windows. Unlike other Windows equalizer applications, Equalizer APO has an easy-to-use design which is also suitable for basic users. Plus, it has many powerful features such as unlimited filters, compatibility with multiple channels and fast response time. Furthermore, it is very lightweight, not demanding on memory and processor, and uses very few system resources.
- Unlimited number of filters
- Apply to any number of channels
- Easy-to-understand interface
- No advanced equalizer functions
Top 7. Amarra (Windows/Mac/iOS)
Amarra brings a great sound to your listening room to expand your musical horizons. It offers three products: Amarra sQ+ for Mac, Amarra Play for iOS, and Amarra Luxe for Mac/Win. Among these three products, most consumers would recommend Amarra sQ+ for Mac.
With Amarra Tidal equalizer Mac, you can customize your sound for any speaker or headphone. With equalizer presets for different music genres, you can control the sound and bring out the best in all your music. It pays great attention to audio quality and aims to maximize your music experience.
- Easy-to-follow user interface
- Equipped with almost all sound profile presets
- 4-band full-parameter equalizer with multiple filters
Part 2. Pros and Cons of the 7 Best Equalizer for Tidal
To give you a clear understanding of the above 7 Tidal equalizers, we have made a comparison table of their pros and cons.
|Sennheiser CapTune||●Excellent music player and equalizer
●Easy-to-use interface design
●Compatible with Tidal's Hi-Fi music
●Choose from pre-installed sound profiles to customize music
|●Sometimes crashes occur|
|10 Band Equalizer||●Adjustable 10-band equalizer available for high customization
● Easy-to-use interface
● Work with most music apps to control music playback
● There is no pro version to remove ads
|Equalizer FX||●Preset auto-detection
Bass boost, surround sound and sound amplifier
● Delete, edit, rename presets User-friendly interface
|●It is limited to 5-band Tidal equalizer|
|Music Volume EQ||●Media audio control
Bass booster and 3D virtualizer effects
● 9 equalizer presets and custom presets
● Compatible with most Android music players and video players
|●On-screen banner ads|
|Boom Bass Booster & Equalizer||●3D surround sound and powerful bass
● Stream Tidal and Spotify music
● Use 16-band or 8-band EQs 29 hand-crafted EQ presets
|●It's not free to users|
|Equalizer APO||●Unlimited number of filters
● Apply to any number of channels
● Easy to understand interface
|●No advanced equalizer functions|
|Amarra||●Easy-to-follow user interface
● Equipped with almost all sound profile presets
● 4-band full-parameter equalizer with multiple filters
Part 3. How to Play Tidal on Any Tidal Equalizer
With the above top 7 equalizer for Tidal, you get ready to start a unique Tidal music journey. But sometimes, you may face a situation where certain music equalizers struggle with system updates. After a system update, you will have to uninstall it to get the equalizer to function again. To avoid unnecessary hassles involving equalizer updates, it is suggested that you play Tidal music in other media player with built-in equalizer, like VLC.
How to export music from Tidal to other players with an equalizer? AudFree Tidal Music Converter comes to help you out. With its assistance, you can download Tidal audio tracks to local files with 100% lossless quality, so you will have no difficulty in transferring Tidal music to any other media player with an equalizer for offline playback.
In fact, it is an excellent Tidal music converter specially designed for Tidal addicts. With it, users can convert not only Tidal songs, but also playlists and albums to Lossless, MP3, M4A, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4B at 5X speed. As a result, you are allowed to save Tidal music forever for offline listening without a subscription.
AudFree Tidal Music Converter
- Download Tidal music to MP3, etc. without HiFi/HiFi Plus
- Keep Tidal music forever even without a subscription
- Play Tidal music on any other devices with an equalizer
- Keep 100% original quality, work at 5X faster speed
How to Losslessly Download Music for Any Tidal EQ
- Step 1Add Tidal Music to AudFree Tidable
- Open AudFree Tidal Music Converter and the Tidal desktop app will also launch. You can then easily import songs from the Tidal music library by dragging and dropping. Alternatively, you can copy the music's URL and paste it into the top search box of AudFree. Then load Tidal music by clicking the "+" icon.
- Step 2Adjust Tidal Music Output Settings
- Go to "Preferences", which is listed in the drop-down "menu" of a top-right icon shaped by three horizontal lines here. Then choose "Convert" to open the preferences settings window. Here, you can choose whether to do some customization on formats, channel, bitrate, and sample rate to make your personalized style of music. Or you can just go by default to set MP3 as output format to preserve the original style.
- Step 3Download Tidal Music for Any Tidal Equalizer
- Now, click the "Convert" button and it will start downloading Tidal music. After that, you can locate your downloaded Tidal music by clicking the "Converted" icon to navigate to the destination folder where all the downloaded Tidal songs are stored. And then, you are able to play Tidal music on any media player with Tidal EQ.
The above seven different Tidal equalizers allow you to enjoy Tidal music with a better listening experience. You can choose the one that suits you according to your operating system, Android, iOS, Windows or Mac. By the way, if you want to enjoy more Tidal music offline on any device, AudFree Tidal Music Converter will bring you an unexpected surprise.