A heated discussion related to this question can be found in Reddit's Tidal community. "How come such a great streaming service as Tidal runs a mobile app that doesn't have the equalizer feature. Isn't that the crucial thing to make the sound perfect for you?"
Does Tidal have an equalizer or not? For this question, I am sorry to have to tell you there is no built-in Tidal equalizer yet. As it's known to many music lovers, Tidal is the first music streaming service to present the world's best quality sound, letting you play your favorite music in High Fidelity sound quality.
Despite this, some users may still want to use an equalizer to improve the listening environment, as they might not be using professional studio-quality headphones that can deliver intact sounds. Not to mention that one of Tidal's competitors in streaming music service, Spotify, has added an equalizer feature to its mobile app early in 2014.
With a music equalizer, you can adjust the volume levels of various ranges. This means that you are able to, for example, increase the lower frequencies. Even by changing the audio settings such as the bass, trebles, or vocal enhancers, you will get a different listening experience. Here, you will find a few equalizers that work well with Tidal via our recommendation.
Part 1. Tidal Equalizer Android - Sennheiser CapTune
Though there isn't a built-in equalizer for Tidal music, Sennheiser debuts a new sound optimization app with Tidal built-in called CapTune. It is a high-quality music player and a powerful sound tuning app, which provides you with new standards of fidelity. You can make precise adjustments with the equalizer and find the right settings for your listening context.
If you are keen on running, you can set up your running playlist with an energizing bass boost. Through Sennheiser CapTune, you are able to enjoy Tidal's lossless music the way the artists intended.
Part 2. Tidal Equalizer iOS - Boom Bass Booster & Equalizer
Boom Bass Booster & Equalizer is developed as an iPhone and iPad equalizer for Tidal and Spotify music. It features a customizable 8-band or 16-band equalizer, and 29 handcrafted equalizer presets like pop, Dubstep, etc. to create you a fire-new way of Tidal music listening. With patented technology, you are able to experience the amazing 3D surround audio sound on your headphones.
It has a clean and user-friendly interface, which requires no professional skills to handle. For Tidal equalizer on iPhone, it is worthy of recommendation. By the way, Boom Bass Booster & Equalizer is at charges for its service. Although 7-day free trial version, it is better for you to purchase its subscription so as to get unconditional and unrestricted access to explore all features.
Part 3. Tidal Equalizer Windows - Equalizer APO
Equalizer APO is an open-source parametric/graphic equalizer for Windows. Equalizer APO comes with many features such as unlimited filters, compatibility with multiple channels, fast response times, and an easy to use interface. Also, it is very lightweight and it uses very minimal system resources.
Part 4. Tidal Equalizer Mac - Amarra
Amarra for Tidal brings great sounds to your listening room to expand your musical horizons. It offers three products: Amarra sQ+ for Mac, Amarra Play for iOS, and Amarra Luxe for Mac/Win. Of the three products, most consumers would recommend Amarra sQ+ for Mac.
With Amarra for Tidal's professional-grade equalization, you can customize your sound for any speakers or headphones. With equalizer presets for different musical genres, Amarra's equalizer gives you control of the sound and brings out the best in all music. It focuses greatly on audio quality, aiming to maximize your experience of music.
Part 5. Play Tidal on Other Music Players with Equalizer
All above are useful equalizers for Tidal music. With any of them, you get ready to start a unique Tidal music journey. But sometimes, you might be faced with such a case where certain equalizers struggle with system updates. After a system update, you will have to uninstall to get the equalizer to function again. In order to avoid involving in unnecessary trouble equalizer updating brings, it is suggested that you play Tidal music in other media player with built-in equalizer, like VLC.
How to export music from Tidal to other player with equalizer? AudFree Tidal Music Converter comes to help you out. With Tidal Premium or HiFi subscription, you can operate it to download Tidal audio tracks with 100% lossless quality to local files, so that you have no difficulty in transferring them to any other media player with equalizer for offline playback.
It is an excellent Tidal music converter especially designed for Tidal addicts. With it, users can convert not only Tidal songs, but also playlists, and albums to Lossless, MP3, M4A, FLAC, AAC, WAV, M4B at 5X speed, and locally keep Tidal music forever for offline listening without subscription.
Most notably, the recent update of AudFree Tidal Converter has the Tidal web player embedded. Now, you get access to download content from Tidal without ever installing the Tidal app on your computer.
How to Losslessly Download Music for Any Tidal Equalizer
The following tutorial will show you how to download Tidal music to common audio files with lossless quality on Windows step by step. The tutorial also works highly similar for Mac, except for the slightly different interface.
- Step 1Open AudFree to log in Tidal
- As what mentioned before, AudFree Tidal Music Converter has been updated with the official Tidal website. So, once launched it, directly use the "Log in" option to sign in to your Tidal account.
- Step 2Adjust Tidal output settings
- Go to "Preferences", which is listed in the drop-down menu of a top-right icon shaped by three horizontal lines here. In the "Preferences" window, choose "Advanced" to open format panel. Here, you can choose whether to do some customization on formats, channel, bitrate, and sample rate to make your personalized-style music. Or, you can just go by default to set Lossless as output format to preserve the original style.
- Step 3Add Tidal playlist to AudFree
- After format settings are done, search for your favorite playlist or album from Tidal music library. Once you open the playlist or album, the "+' icon on the bottom right will turn to be blue. You just click it to add Tidal music to AudFree. In the list of ready-to-be-downloaded music, you are free to selectively add music tracks in the Tidal playlist or album to convert.
- Step 4Download music for any Tidal eq
- Now, click the "Convert" button to start downloading Tidal music at 5X speed on Windows. After that, you can locate your downloaded Tidal music by clicking the "Converted" icon directly to navigate to the destination folder where all the downloaded Tidal songs are stored. And then, you are able to play Tidal music on any media players with equalizer.
Here comes to an end of this informative article with the focus on Tidal equalizer on different devices. You can now find one Tidal music equalizer that suits you best to explore Tidal's music collection extensively. Though, if you want to enjoy more Tidal music offline on any device, go and try AudFree Tidal Music Converter!