OPPO Digital is a company that deals with popular electronic devices such as the universal Blu-ray player and Planar Magnetic headphones. For a better user experience on their device, they integrated the Tidal streaming music platform to all ranges of their Blu-ray player. Consequently, their customers can have access to and browse through the millions of songs available on the Tidal streaming platform.
If you are new to OPPO and want to connect OPPO Tidal App, then in this post, you will find tips on how to link them. This article will introduce the OPPO and Tidal alliance and how to play Tidal on OPPO Blu-ray player. Just go ahead and have a look.
Part 1. How to Play Tidal on OPPO Blu-ray via MediaControl App
The OPPO MediaControl, which you can download on your mobile phone or tablet, serves as a remote to control the Blu-ray media player. It allows your mobile phone or tablet to take total control of your OPPO Tidal Blu-ray media player, allowing you to control the library, song playbacks, and skip/play/pause songs. To use the OPPO MediaControl app to remotely control the OPPO Tidal Blu-ray media player, kindly follow the stepwise processes below.
Step 1: Connect both the OPPO Blu-ray media player and your mobile device to the same Local Area Network(LAN).
Step 2: OPPO MediaControl app can only run on BDP10x-75-0515 firmware version or later. Therefore, ensure that the Blu-ray player runs on that version later. You can check your current firmware version by selecting "Set Up" > "Device Set-Up" > "Firmware information". You can also update your Firmware version by selecting "Set Up" > "Device Set Up" > "Firmware Update".
Step 3: Proceed to download the OPPO MediaControl app from Google PlayStore for Androids (Android Tidal stream to OPPO) and App Store for iOS.
Step 4: Launch the app. An interface will pop up which shows all OPPO media players found on the network with their distinct IP addresses.
Step 5: Connect your MediaControl app to your OPPO Blu-ray media player, and then you need to choose Tidal from the available media sources. It will show the on-screen instruction, which you can follow to log in to your Tidal account. After that, you can start to play Tidal on OPPO Blu-ray player.
Part 2. How to Use Tidal with OPPO Blu-ray Player via USB Port
Tidal is a subscription-based streaming platform with DRM protection. This means that Tidal music cannot be played on common audio players even after downloading on the platform. However, it is possible to play Tidal on OPPO Blu-ray player by downloading Tidal on your device and connecting your device to the OPPO Blu-ray media player.
You can download the Tidal music using an application on AudFree Tidable App, transfer the downloaded Tidal music to a USB drive, and then connect it to the OPPO Blu-ray player.
AudFree Tidal Music Converter is a software that allows subscribed users of the Tidal streaming platform to convert and download songs from both Premium and HiFi services to their devices as local files. The local files are in the desired output format, such as MP3, FLAC, AAC, M4A, M4B, etc., with zero quality loss. You can then listen to the downloaded Tidal song offline on devices such as OPPO Blu-ray player by transferring the downloaded songs to a USB device and connecting it to the OPPO Blu-ray player.
How to Download Tidal Music and Transfer to USB Supported Device
Download and install the AudFree Tidable Tidal Music Converter on your Windows or Mac computer. After installation, follow the guidelines below to download, transfer it to USB supported device, and play it on a Blu-ray player.
- Step 1Launch the AudFree Tidable Music Converter
- After downloading the AudFree Tidable, open the app from your desktop. An easy-to-use interface pops up where you can click the "Login" button to access your Tidal account. Further click on the "Menu bar" at the top-right corner and select "Register" to access the registration panel where you input your "Licensed email" and "Registration code" to activate it to register on the AudFree Tidable app.
- Step 2Adjust Tidal output format and other settings
- Click on the "Menu bar" at the top-right corner and select "Preference" > "Advance" to open a settings panel. Here, you can choose your desired output format such as MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC. You can also customize other settings like sample rate, channel, bitrate and choose your desired output path, i.e., the folder where the Tidal music should be downloaded to on your computer.
- Step 3Upload Tidal Premium and HiFi music to AudFree Tidable
- Now you can search your favorite Tidal playlist or album, click to open, and select the blue "+" button at the bottom right corner to add the playlist or album to the conversion list. After adding to the AudFree Tidable, you can then click the "Conversion" button to download and export Tidal playlists to the chosen output path.
- Step 4Transfer the downloaded Tidal music to a USB supported drive
- Plug your USB flash drive into the available port on your computer. Navigate on your computer to the file in the customize output folder on the AudFree Tidable Advanced panel. Copy the files and paste them on the USB drive.
How to Play Tidal Music on OPPO Blu-ray via USB Port
After downloading Tidal music to USB drive, you can connect it to any of the three USB ports found on an OPPO Blu-ray player. Follow these guidelines to play downloaded Tidal on OPPO Blu-ray player via USB port.
Step 1. Insert the USB drive.
Step 2. Select Music from the Home Menu. A browser window will open to help you locate the file folders.
Step 3. Select the USB drive from the opened window. This will take a few minutes to read and list the media files and songs.
Step 4. In the music browser, use the UP/DOWN Arrow to choose any song of your choice and press ENTER/PLAY to play Tidal on Blu-ray player.
Part 3. Conclusion
Here are two ways to stream Tidal over OPPO. You can do that via OPPO MediaControl app, or use AudFree Tidal Music Converter. But here we would like to recommend the way by using AudFree. AudFree Tidal Music Converter makes Tidal music available as local files transferred to USB devices and played on OPPO Blu-ray players. With the application, you can download Tidal music without a loss in quality. Now you can use Tidal with OPPO simultaneously.