Tidal is one of the most popular music streaming platforms in the world, providing users with great sound quality. Many audiophiles love it solely for its high-fidelity music. However, Tidal adds digital rights protection to all of its music. This prevents users from listening to Tidal music on apps other than Tidal. So, we are here to provide you with a way to remove this limitation and listen to Tidal music on any music player. Also, besides the Tidal web player, you will also know about other 5 best Tidal music players.
Part 1. Top 6 Best Player for Tidal
Top 1. Tidal Web Player & Tidal App
When it comes to the Tidal music player, there are two versions, Tidal app and Tidal web player. They are similar in many ways. For example, they have the same music catalog, how to search for music, and they both answer the same streaming platform. However, there are still some subtle differences. Here are some of the differences between the two.
Tidal is known to offer MQA music, a feature that other music platforms do not have. However, MQA sound quality is only available in the Tidal app. Tidal web player only offers HiFi sound quality.
See also: How to Download Tidal MQA Losslessly
Tidal Music Web Player is more convenient than Tidal desktop app. You can access Tidal web player on computers and mobile devices (phones and tablets) without installing it on your device.
If you subscribe to Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus, you will have the right to download music for offline playback. However, you can only do this on the Tidal app, as the web version doesn't have a download feature.
Top 2. Neutron Music Player
The Neutron Music Player has a bare-bones 32/64-bit audio engine and is popular for its excellent sound quality. Since it also offers the best HiFi sound quality, you can use Neutron Music Player Tidal losslessly.
Neutron Player Tidal takes music playback a step further as it can send audio files to network renderers (UPnP/DLNA, Chromecast) with DSP effects and seamless track playback. This ability has two aspects. If you download Tidal Music using the app we'll cover shortly, you can search for audio files on your device and on the web. Another way to play Tidal music is by using the BubbleUPnP for DLNA/Chromecast app, which allows you to access the Tidal music platform.
Top 3. Strawberry Music Player
Strawberry Music Player is free and open-source software with the ability to play and organize music files. It is an unregistered streaming platform for playing Tidal music. Strawberry Music Player Tidal music playing ability comes from its ability to stream online digital content and your favorite online radio.
Top 4. USB Audio Player Pro
USB Audio Player Pro is an essential tool to avoid all audio limits on Android mobile devices. It plays audio files in all common audio formats such as MP3, FLAC, M4A, AAC, etc. It plays audio files with high-resolution sound quality USB and DAC. USB Audio Player Pro Tidal is also compatible with other streaming platforms such as Shoutcast and Qobuz.
Top 5. JPLAY FEMTO
JPLAY FEMTO is a software package that turns your computer into a music server and DLNA renderer. This feature allows you to stream Tidal music on the audio player. The software also allows you to access downloaded Tidal music and play them without a loss in sound quality.
Top 6. Amarra Luxe
It is the best portable music player that works with Tidal music. Amarra Luxe is a registered platform to stream Tidal music and can play Tidal music in all common audio formats. Also, you can access downloaded Tidal music and play them using the software.
Part 2. How to Play Tidal on Any Music Player
You've now met 6 Tidal players. You can use them to listen to Tidal music in high quality. However, not all of them allow you to play Tidal tracks directly. This is because Tidal music is encoded and protected and you cannot access them outside of the official Tidal platform. So, you need to break this limitation and convert Tidal music to common audio first.
Thankfully, AudFree Tidal Music Downloader is an excellent tool that lets you do just that. It can help you convert and download Tidal music to popular audio files like FLAC, MP3, AAC, M4A, M4B and WAV. There is no sound quality loss, and all ID3 tags will be intact. Plus, it works up to five times faster. After downloading songs locally, you can listen to them on any music player or transfer them to any device.
How to Download and Convert Tidal Music for Any Music Player
You can convert Tidal music and play it on any music player of your choice without much expertise. Before doing that, install AudFree Tidable and launch the app from your desktop.
- Step 1Launch AudFree Tidal Music Converter
- Once opening the software, a user-friendly interface will pop up. You can use its free trial but it can only convert one-third of each track. Or, you can buy its full license. Then go to the "Menu" button at the top right corner of the interface. There, select "Register" to input your "Licensed email" and "Registration code" (for activation) to activate the full version of the AudFree Tidable program.
- Step 2Change Tidal music parameters
- Click on the "Menu" button at the top right corner of the interface. Select "Preferences" and navigate to "Convert". A setting interface where you can choose your output parameters for Tidal music such as output format, sample rate, and bitrate will show up. You can choose to set Tidal music to FLAC, MP3, and more. Also, you can also select your "Output path", i.e., where the converted Tidal songs will be on your device.
- Step 3Add Tidal music to the AudFree Tidable
- Now go to the Tidal app and find the music you want to convert. Then copy and paste its link into the top "search box" of the AudFree Tidal Converter. After that, click the "+" button to add Tidal music to the conversion list. Alternatively, you can drag and drop music from the Tidal app to this software's main interface.
- Step 4Convert Tidal songs for all music player
- Click the "Convert" button at the bottom and the conversion process will begin. All your selected Tidal songs/playlists will be saved in the selected output path. After downloading, you can listen to Tidal on any music player or transfer them to other devices.
Part 3. FAQ about Tidal Music Players
Q1: What Is Tidal Music Player?
A: Tidal is one of the most popular streaming music services in the world. It offers three types of subscriptions including Free, HiFi, and HiFi Plus. With Tidal Free, you can access unlimited Tidal songs online, but there will be some annoying ads. Upgrade to Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus to listen offline without ads.
Q2: Can I Play My Own Music on Tidal?
A: No. You are not allowed to add your own music files to Tidal. This is because Tidal wants to ensure a high-quality music experience.
Q3: What Are Alternative Players to Tidal?
A: If you are going to cancel Tidal, you can switch it to other popular streaming music platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, Qobuz, and so on.
Q4: What Is the Best Mobile Tidal Player?
A: If you want to use a mobile player for Tidal, you can think about Neutron Music Player or USB Audio Player Pro. They can be used on Android or iOS devices.
Part 4. Conclusion
If you're an audiophile, you can't miss Tidal for high-fidelity music. But if you want to listen to Tidal music on other music players, you need to do some effort. You need to download and convert Tidal music to popular audio files first. And the recommended tool is AudFree Tidal Music Converter, which allows you to download Tidal music to computer losslessly. After that, you can play these Tidal songs on other music players, or transfer them to other devices for listening.