If you like to enjoy music entertainment through the Tidal service, you may have heard of, or even used TiDown Tidal Downloader, a simple yet efficient Tidal downloader on GitHub, well-designed to download Tidal Music offline. But unfortunately, it has been shut down by Tidal official department after it released days on GitHub.
This is definitely a huge loss for Tidal enthusiasts since they can no longer get local Tidal tracks whether they subscribe to Tidal HiFi or Tidal HiFi-Plus. With the popularity of the Tidal service for its high quality music, more and more people are looking for an alternative to the TiDown Tidal Downloader.
As one of them, have you found a TiDown alternative? If not, look no further than AudFree Tidal Music Downloader, which is dedicated to downloading and converting Tidal Music and playlists to FLAC, WAV, MP3, etc. without touching the original audio quality, making it more convenient to play Tidal Music offline on all devices.
Part 1. Does TiDown Still Work
In reality, those who have been using Tidal for a long time must be familiar with TiDown, which is actually a command line tool released on GitHub and is generally known as the first Tidal download tool. As its name suggests, TiDown is well-designed to download Tidal songs for offline enjoyment. What's more, TiDown Tidal Downloader is completely free to use.
To people's disappointment, TiDown was short-lived, as it was briefly posted on GitHub for a few days before news of its shutdown by Tidal emerged, this means that there is no way to use this Github Tidal downloader now. As a casual note, the Tidal downloads available through TiDown have some loss in sound quality, and some tracks may not be of high definition quality. In this case, people are eager for TiDown alternatives to download Tidal Music to their computer losslessly.
Part 2. Best TiDown Tidal Downloader Alternative
Before the release of AudFree Tidal Music Downloader, we could only use an audio recorder or capture to rip music from Tidal. Of course, streaming audio recorders can work for a wide variety of streaming services, such as Tidal , Apple Music, Spotify, etc. However, the output quality may be lossy, which must have an impact on the music listening experience.
Thanks to AudFree Tidal Music Downloader, it uses innovative music downloading and encoding technology to download Tidal songs, playlists and albums without any quality loss. Moreover, it works faster than any other Tidal streaming audio recorder. All ID3 tags can be saved in the downloaded Tidal file. If necessary, you can also export and convert Tidal Music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC or other common audio formats, so you can play Tidal Music on portable devices and music players without using the Tidal app.
Why Choose AudFree Tidal Music Downloader
- Losslessly download Tidal songs and playlists offline
- Convert Tidal Music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, etc.
- Run at 5X faster speed with 100% lossless audio quality
- Customize Tidal Music output quality and parameters easily
- Play downloaded Tidal songs on any device and player
Part 3. How Does AudFree Tidal Music Downloader Work
AudFree Tidal Music Converter is compatible with both Mac and Windows operating systems. It is very easy to operate, you just need to do a few clicks and then the Tidal Music will be downloaded to your computer for a while.
- Step 1Add Tidal Songs to AudFree Tidal Downloader
- Please download the best TiDown Tidal Downloader alternative on your computer and launch it. You will see the Tidal app open at the same time, which can make adding Tidal tracks to the AudFree Tidable much easier. Just navigate to the Tidal Music overview page you'd like to download, copy the Tidal track link, and paste it into the search box of the AudFree Tidal Downloader. Hit on the "+" button and you will see all of your Tidal songs listed on the main interface.
- Step 2Set Tidal Output Format and Parameters
- You can skip this step and keep the default settings. The default output format is MP3, conversion speed is 5X, etc. In addition, you can click Preferences > Convert to open the settings window where you can customize the output format, audio sample rate, conversion speed, bit rate, etc. When all things are done, please tap "OK" to confirm them.
- Step 3Download and Convert Tidal Music
- The last step is to press the 'Convert' button and then the TiDown Tidal Downloader alternative tool will download all the added Tidal playlists at 5X faster speed. When the conversion process is over, Tidal downloads can be located by clicking on the 'History' > 'Search' icon or the 'Files' icon. You can keep all your Tidal files forever and transfer them to any devices for playback with ease.
Part 4. Another TiDown Alternative - AudFree Audio Capture
As mentioned above, Audio Capture is also an effective TiDown alternative. After research and exploration, we have selected the top AudFree Audio Capture on the market for your reference. As a matter of fact, it is an all-in-one audio recorder for Mac and Windows that can capture any playing sound, and recording streaming music is certainly a piece of cake.
Therefore, it can be used perfectly to record and convert Tidal Music to MP3, WAV, FLAC and other common audio files. In terms of audio parameters, you are allowed to customize Tidal Music parameters with freedom, including audio channels, bit rate, codecs, etc. It is worth mentioning that it also exists as a comprehensive audio editing tool that enables you to split, trim, merge, and edit music recordings in an ideal way. Eventually, if the Tidal recording doesn't meet your needs, you can make good use of the live preview feature to view it at any time.
Part 5. In Conclusion
By using this best TiDown Tidal Downloader alternative, you can easily download Tidal Music as all kinds of audio files that can be playable on all devices offline without Tidal subscription. Based on so many powerful features described above, there is no doubt that AudFree Tidal Music Downloader is the best alternative to TiDown Tidal Downloader.
Do you think so? Or which tool is your TiDown Tidal Downloader substitute? Please feel free to leave your comments below.