When it comes to Tidal's high-fidelity music, you may want to connect to a top music streamer for better enjoyment. A good music streamer allows you to play locally stored lossless music or CD-quality tracks from a top streaming music service like Tidal. Now there are many choices, but which one is right for you?
If you are in a dilemma in choosing one for streaming Tidal Master or HFi music, please take a look at our list below and pick the best Tidal Streamer you like. Most of the options below support HD music, which should be enough to satisfy most audiophiles.
- Top 10 Best Tidal MQA/HiFi Streamer
- 1. Cambridge Audio CXN (V2)
- 2. Mytek Brooklyn Bridge
- 3. Aurender A10
- 4. Naim ND 555/555 PS DR
- 5. Cambridge Audio Edge NQ
- 6. Sonos Amp
- 7. Linn Selekt DSM
- 8. NAD C 658
- 9. Arcam ST60
- 10. Melco N100
- Part 2. Comparison Table of 10 Tidal Streamers
- Part 3. Extension: How to Stream Tidal on All Music Streamers
- Part 4. More FAQs about Tidal Music Streamer
- Part 5. Verdict
Part 1. Best Streamer for Tidal MQA/HiFi - Top 10
Here is the ultimate list of the top 10 streamers for Tidal after testing. Let's dive in. Or, you can skip to Part 3 to view the total chart of comparing the top 10 best Tidal streaming devices.
1. Cambridge Audio CXN (V2)
If you're looking for the best streamer for Tidal, Cambridge Audio is your best bet. With a sleek and stylish design, it plays songs in excellent quality. Apart from being compatible with Spotify and Apple, it is also a great Tidal network streamer. Plus, it is effortless to set up owing to its intuitive interface. Moreover, CXN also has a built-in Chromecast feature making it a highly versatile and impressive streamer. Both Tidal MQA and HiFi music can be streamed on this best Tidal music player.
See Also: How to Play Tidal on Cambridge Audio
- Impressive sound quality at up to 24-bit/192kHz
- Sophisticated design
- Wide wireless connectivity range and file support
- Best Tidal connect streamer that supports WiFi connection
- Supports streaming both Tidal Master and HiFi music
- Compatible with Tidal Connect
- Not significant improvement over its predecessor, the V1
2. Mytek Brooklyn Bridge
Another top-notch Tidal music streamer is the Mytek Brooklyn Bridge. It offers high-quality sound output and is also perfect for headphones. The streamer design is also eye-catching. Loaded with a decoder, Mytek enables users to stream Tidal music at the original sample rate. Serving as a high-end streaming DAC, it supports a wide range of audio formats including MQA, PCM, and DSP (up to DSD256).
Resemble Cambridge Audio, it also plays HiFi music but with higher music quality up to 32-bit/384kHz. It is provided with an Apple remote for easy control. But, despite the impressive features offered, Mytek is not easy to set up. And the antenna might look unappealing to some.
- Superior clarity
- Support feeding high-definition files
- Compatible with FLAC, Apple Lossless, MP3, AAC, AIFF, etc.
- Stream both Tidal HiFi and Master music up to 32-bit/384kHz
- Not easy to set up
3. Aurender A10
Aurender is one of the most expensive and best Tidal MQA streamers. Laced with the MQA decoder, it allows users to stream Tidal music seamlessly. The best part is that it has the biggest storage available. With 4TB of storage, users can store a massive library and stream all the popular songs. The downside to Aurender is that the Conductor app can only be accessed on the iPad and is unavailable on iPhone or Android.
As for streaming quality, it is capable of playing high-resolution audio files up to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD256. Additionally, it is a MQA compatible streamer that supports MQA decoding, which allows you to play back MQA-encoded files with full resolution.
- MQA encoding
- Huge hard drive wth 4TB
- Play high-resolution audio files with up to 32-bit/384kHz
- Bad screen
- Only available for apps on iPad
4. Naim ND 555/555 PS DR
Naim ND is a high-performing Tidal network streamer with a sound quality that stands unparalleled. Most of the major and commonly used formats are supported by this amazing device. Even though it is pretty expensive, the user gets his penny's worth. Plus, some major streaming platforms other than Tidal, such as Spotify, are also supported. The Chromecast feature further makes it an impressive Tidal HiFi streamer compatible with Tidal Connect.
However, Naim ND streamers do not support MQA. Instead, This best HiFi streamer for Tidal uses its own high-resolution audio format covering WAV, AIFF, FLAC, ALAC, OGG Vorbis, AAC, MP3, and DSD. Although you won't be able to play MQA files on a Naim ND streamer, you can still enjoy high-quality audio playback with a variety of other file formats at up to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD128.
See Also: How to Listen to Tidal on Naim
- Impressive clarity and dynamics
- Sophisticated rhythmic coherence
- Fine structure
- Wide range of supported audio formats
- Streaming quality can reach up to 32-bit/384kHz and DSD128
- Support Tidal Connect
- High price
- Not compatible with Tidal MQA
5. Cambridge Audio Edge NQ
Edge NQ is regarded as the best streamer for Tidal by many users. The attractive design and support for high-quality audio make it an impressive streamer. Other than Tidal, Spotify, Deezer, and other apps are also supported by this streamer. The streaming experience is refined, and almost all major audio formats are compatible. It is one of the best MQA streamers and HiFi streamers for playing Tidal at up to 24-bit/192kHz.
The only drawback is the loose volume dial, which can be ignored if you want high-resolution music.
- Clear, bold, and spacious sound
- Unchanged characteristics of different sound sources
- Tidal Connect-enabled streamer
- Support Tidal HiFi and MQA while streaming at up to 24-bit.192kHz
- Fine structure
- Volume dial is not so taut
6. Sonos Amp
For streaming Tidal music in high quality, you can count on this Tidal HiFi streamer. As a powerful and versatile home audio amplifier, Sonos Amp allows you to connect and power your favorite speakers to stream music from your favorite sources with 125 watts of power. And different from other Tidal streamers, it can be controlled using the Sonos app or a variety of voice assistants. It also includes an HDMI ARC port for connecting to your TV and supports Tidal Connect, AirPlay 2 for streaming music from your Apple devices.
However, users might face some connectivity issues despite a flawless internet connection. Moreover, this Tidal HiFi streamer fails to support MQA with up to 24-bit/192kHz.
- Excellent sound
- Beautiful design
- One of the best tidal connect streamer
- With a variety of voice assistants
- With HDMI port to connect to TV
- Support AirPlay 2
- Limited input and no internal storage
- Wi-Fi dropout
- Without MQA support
- Not compatible with Tidal Connect
7. Linn Selekt DSM
If you are searching for the best streamer for Tidal that can support all your apps and also connect to the TV, Selekt DSM is your best bet. The HDMI option enables users to connect the streamer to the television. The USB input allows easy streaming of locally saved music. The streamer can be controlled through an app or the physical remote, making it versatile.
Yet, it doesn't support streaming Tidal MQA music but HiFi music. And Tidal Connect feature is not available to this Tidal audio player.
- Well-made, neatly finished
- Easy-to-use presentation
- Room EQ software
- With HDMI and USB options
- No wireless
- No Bluetooth
- Not support MQA
- No Tidal Connect support
8. NAD C 658
NAD C 658 is an all-in-one music streamer Tidal. It supports all major music streaming platforms giving users a massive music resource to choose from. This intuitive device is the best Tidal music streamer. The sleek device design is also an attraction for most users. As one of the best streaming devices for Tidal, it is compatible with Tidal HiFi and MQA music. Besides, Tidal Connect can be used to cast music on this streamer. Streaming at up to 32-bit/192 kHz, it uses the most popular formats, including WAV, FLAC, AIFF, MP3 and AAC.
- Support complete streaming services
- Intuitive and powerful apps
- Dirac Live and BluOS
- One of the best Tidal MQA/HiFi streamer
- One of the best streamer with Tidal Connect
- Support most popular file types
- Support up to 32-bit/192 kHz
- A mismatch between appearance and price
9. Arcam ST60
The Arcam ST60 is not just a streaming product, it can also accommodate external sources with its dual coaxial and optical inputs. It also comes with a USB drive that plugs into its USB socket. Plus, it provides users with AirPlay 2, Google Cast, uPnP playback, and internet radio. Apart from those, it also uses analog and digital connectivity and support for MQA and Roon. So, it's also concerned as one of the best Tidal MQA streamers supporting up to 32-bit/192kHz. Also, users can control the music playback on it via Tidal Connect.
- Clear and impressive sound
- Well made, easy to use
- Powerful MQA and HiFi streaming support at up to 32-bit/192kHz
- Compatible with Tidal Connect
- No DSD
- Apps not so sophisticated
10. Melco N100
Melco N100 has 2TB of storage space. The control layout is simple, but the display is small and clear. There are three USB 3.0 sockets, two of which can be used to connect the N100 to an external storage device and the third is for use with an external DAC. This Melco doesn't have a built-in DAC, so if you want to use it as a streamer, you'll need to add one. Also, it features advanced technologies such as noise-reducing circuitry. It supports for various audio formats including MQA and Hi-Fi at up to 32-bit/384 kHz.
Melco has a dedicated app, but it's currently only available for the iPad. if you're using an Apple or Android phone, you'll have to use a third-party alternative.
- Simple operation
- Clean and expressive sound
- Huge storage space
- Support Tidal MQA/HiFi and Tidal Connect
- MQA streamer without DAC
Part 2. Comparison Table of 10 Tidal Streamers
|Cambridge Audio CXN (V2)||Mytek Brooklyn Bridge||Aurender A10||Naim ND 555/555 PS DR||Cambridge Audio Edge NQ||Sonos Amp||Linn Selekt DSM||NAD C 658||Arcam ST60||Melco N100|
|Resolution||24-bit/192kHz||32-bit/384kHz||32-bit / 384 kHz||32-bit/384kHz||24-bit/192kHz||24-bit/192kHz||24-bit/192kHz||32-bit/192kHz||32-bit/192kHz||32-bit/384kHz|
|Playback||UPnP, AirPlay 2, Internet radio, Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, Chromecast||Roon, Tidal, Qobuz, Bluetooth||Tidal, Internet radio||Tidal Connect, AirPlay, BluOS, Bluetooth, Tidal, Spotify Connect, Chromecast, Roon||Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, Tidal, Bluetooth, Chromecast, Deezer, Qobuz, AirPlay||Sonos, AirPlay 2, Tidal, Spotify||Spotify Connect, Tidal, Qobuz, AirPlay, Internet radio||Tidal, Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect, AirPlay, Bluetooth, MQA||Tidal, Tidal Connect, GoogleCast, AirPlay, uPnP, Roon, MQA||Tidal, Qobuz, Tidal Connect|
|Input||USB type A x2, USB type B, optical, coaxial||x S/PDIF, 1x optical, 1x USB-B, 1x USB-A, 1x stereo RCAs||Optical TOSLINK up to 192/24||2 x optical, 2 x BNC, 2 x USB||USB, optical, XLR, RCA, HDMI, Ethernet||HDMI ARC, analogue||2 x RCA, 2 x MM, 2 x MC, USB, 2x coax, 2x||2* optical, 2* coaxials, 2*RCA, 1* USB and 1*MM||4 x digital inputs (coax, optical, USB)||USB|
|Output||XLR and RCA analogue, digital coaxial and optical||1x stereo RCAs, 1x stereo balanced XLRs, 2x 6.35mm headphone jacks||USB Audio Class 2.0||1 x RCA pair, 1 x 5-pin DIN||2 x XLR, 2 x RCA||subwoofer||SPDIF, Exakt Link, RCA, Balanced XLR||Unbalanced and balanced RCA outputs||Balanced XLR and RCA analogue; optical and coaxial||LAN RJ45|
|Connection Method||Wireless/ wired||Wired Ethernet (RJ-45) cable/Wi-Fi||Wired Ethernet connection||Wireless/ wired||Wireless/ wired||Wireless/ wired||Wireless||Wireless||Wireless/ wired||Wireless/ wired|
Part 3. Extension: How to Stream Tidal MQA/HiFi on All Music Streamers
Above Tidal streamers allow you to listen to Tidal music. But you need to meet some requirements such as having a paid Tidal subscription, Wi-Fi connection, etc. Hence, we are here to provide you with the best way to stream Tidal on any music streamer.
The tool you need is the AudFree Tidal Music Converter. It allows you to decrypt all types of Tidal music and download them as local audio files. You can also use it to convert Tidal music to multiple audio formats including lossless FLAC, MP3, and more. It allows you to keep Tidal downloads in your local folder forever even though you cancel your Tidal subscription. Since it features expert conversion technology, this Tidal downloader can preserve 100% original streaming quality and full metadata including ID3 tags.
Amid those features, once converted, you can transfer the local Tidal music files to any music streamer or other devices for listening without any restriction.
How to Convert Tidal Music for Playing on All Streamers
AudFree Tidal Music Converter allows you to listen to Tidal music on any Tidal music streamer without any requirements. Even if your music streamer doesn't support Tidal, you can use this method once it is USB available. Please install it on your Mac or PC. And here is a detailed user guide to help you convert Tidal to MP3 and other local formats.
- Step 1Import Tidal Music to AudFree Tidal Converter
- Open AudFree Tidal Music Converter and the Tidal app will launch in sync. Browse for the songs you want to listen to on Tidal. Then copy and paste the song's link into the address box at the top of the AudFree software. Finally, click on the '+' button to load them automatically. Or try another quicker way: Drag and drop the single track or playlist from Tidal into this one of the best Tidal downloaders.
- Step 2Reset the Tidal Music Output Settings
- Press on the top-right 'menu' bar. From the pull-down menu, click the 'Preferences' and 'Convert' tabs to open the settings window. Then you are able to define the output format, channel, bit rate, etc. The default output format is MP3 and it's available for most music streamers. You can also change it into other formats such as the lossless FLAC. On top of that, you can customize the bitrate and sample rate for exported Tidal music at up to 32-bit/192kHz. It can meet the needs to stream Tidal MQA and HiFi music on all streamers. And the audio channel can be set to 'Stereo', which allows you to listen to Tidal Dolby Atmos and Tidal 360 Reality Audio.
- Step 3Download and Convert Tidal Music for All Streamers
- Simply hit on the 'Convert' button at the bottom-right corner and it will start downloading and converting Tidal songs. All downloaded songs will be saved to your computer's target 'Output' folder. To find them, please touch on the bottom 'Converted' tab labeled with a red spot. You can then listen to and get music on Tidal even without a Tidal subscription.
- Step 4Stream Downloaded Tidal Music on Any Streamer
- Now you have Tidal music on your computer locally. You can easily transfer the downloaded Tidal songs to a USB drive and then import them to your music streamers via this USB. Then, you can stream Tidal music on any of your music streamers offline even without a Tidal subscription.
Part 4. More FAQs about Tidal Music Streamer
Q1: What is the best WiFi streamer for TIDAL?
A: From the 10 best Tidal streaming devices, Cambridge Audio CXN and Naim ND are the two best network streamers supporting WiFi connection.
Q2: Which streamers support TIDAL Connect?
A: Among the mentioned top 10 streamers, Naim, Cambridge Audio, and NAD are compatible with Tidal Connect.
Q3: What streamers support MQA on Tidal?
A: According to the authorized information from the Tidal Supported Devices website, there are several streaming devices that support Tidal MQA. They are the Bluesound Node 2i, the Cambridge Audio CXN (V2), Aurender A10, Naim, HiFi ROSE Network Streamer, Astoll Audio Streamer, Bel Canto, Cary Audio Streaming Device, etc.
Part 5. In Summary
Above is the list of the top 10 best streamers for Tidal Masters/HiFi. You can easily listen to Tidal music on them with your Tidal subscription or by connecting to Wi-Fi. And we have also provided you with the best method to stream Tidal on any Tidal music streamer. That is to use the AudFree Tidal Music Converter to download Tidal music without Premium. Then you can use a USB drive to play Tidal on any music streamer or any other device offline.