Known for its high-fidelity music, Tidal gives all users access to over 100 million songs, music videos and exclusive releases on computers and mobile devices. It offers users Free, HiFi and HiFi Plus subscriptions. With a Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus subscription, you can let Tidal download music for offline listening.
However, this feature is limited to the Tidal mobile app. This means you can only download Tidal music to your Android or iOS device. It's very inconvenient, so we're going to give you some ways to download music from Tidal to computers. You will also learn how to download Tidal songs on your mobile devices.
- Part 1. Tidal Download Music to Computer - [All Tidal Users]
- Part 2. Record and Download from Tidal Web Player - [All Tidal Users]
- Part 3. Tidal Music Download on GitHub - [Tidal HiFi/HiFi Plus Users]
- Part 4. Download Music from Tidal for Free - [All Tidal Users]
- Part 5. Download Songs from Tidal to Phone - [Tidal HiFi/HiFi Plus Users]
- Part 6. Comparison of the 5 Methods
- Part 7. FAQs about Downloading Tidal Music
- Part 8. In Conclusion
Part 1. How to Let Tidal Download Music on Computer - for All Tidal Users
The Tidal desktop app does not have a download feature, even if you subscribe to HiFi or HiFi Plus. However, things have changed after the release of the AudFree Tidal Music Downloader. It is capable of downloading Tidal music to computers, including Windows and macOS operating systems. Even better, there's no need for a paid subscription to Tidal.
AudFree Tidal Music Downloader allows you to download individual songs, entire playlists or albums from Tidal. However, Tidal only supports downloading entire Tidal playlists and albums officially on mobile phones. Plus, the Windows version works up to 5 times faster while downloading Tidal songs.
Moreover, as an all-in-one software, it allows you to convert Tidal music to MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A and M4B. It keeps 100% lossless sound quality and all metadata. With this all-in-one AudFree Tidal Downloader, you can enjoy Tidal music offline on any device.
AudFree Tidal Playlist Downloader
- Losslessly download Tidal playlists/tracks/albums/podcasts
- Convert Tidal to FLAC, MP3, AAC, WAV, etc. on PC and Mac
- Work at 5X speed while keeping HiFi audio quality and ID3 tags
- Support to customize other audio parameters of Tidal music
How to Download Music from Tidal for Free to Computer
Before getting started, make sure you have installed AudFree Tidal Music Downloader and the Tidal app on your computer. Then let's see how to let Tidal download music to PC and Mac.
- Step 1Add music from Tidal to AudFree Tidable
- Launch AudFree Tidal Playlist Downloader, and you will see the Tidal app also opens. It provides a simple and easy way to load Tidal music. Simply drag and drop songs/playlists/albums/podcasts from Tidal to this software. Or, you can copy the URL of your desired music and paste it into the address bar of AudFree Tidable and click the '+' button to load them.
- Step 2Set Tidal music download output format
- Go to 'Menu' from the top-right corner and select 'Preferences' > 'Convert' section. Here, you get to select your ideal output format for Tidal music. You can also customize other Tidal audio parameters including bit rate, sample rate, bit depth, and audio channel. If you choose to download FLAC from Tidal, you get to select the bit depth between 16 bit and 24 bit.
- Step 3Tidal download music to PC and Mac
- When all the settings are saved, please click the 'Convert' button to start downloading music on Tidal. After that, you can open the 'converted' list. It's able to locate your downloaded Tidal music files in the destination folder on your computer and listen to them offline.
Part 2. How to Record and Download from Tidal Web Player - All Tidal Users
Besides using the Tidal downloader above, you can also use an audio recorder. This approach also enables users to download individual songs on Tidal for free with no quality loss.
AudFree Audio Capture is one of the most professional streaming music recorders. By adopting advanced high-quality recording technology, it can record and download songs from Tidal with the best quality.
At the same time, it can keep the original ID3 tags or manually edit the ID3 tags in Tidal files. Also, you can effectively cut and trim unwanted Tidal audio clips. With it, you can download music from Tidal to MP3 and other common audio formats. In this case, you can play Tidal music offline on any device.
How to Download from Tidal onto Computer for Offline Playback
Please install AudFree Tidal Recorder on your Mac or Windows computer. It's well noted that the free-trial version can record 1 minute of each Tidal file. You can buy the full version to unlock the time limitation. Now, let's see how to use it to record and download Tidal music.
- Step 1Launch AudFree Tidal Recorder and set up recordings
- Launch AudFree Tidal Recorder and the installed programs on your computer will show up in the main interface. If there is no target app you'd like to download Tidal playlist from, you can click the big '+' button to add any program. You'd suggested using Chrome to download music from Tidal web player. It can keep the conversion process more stable.
- Step 2Set Tidal output format and other parameters
- Please click the 'audio' icon to open the settings window. You can set your favorite audio format as the Tidal output format from MP3, FLAC, WAV, AAC, M4A, and M4B. Besides, in this window, you can customize the Tidal output audio quality as you like. The sample rate can be set as 8000Hz to 96000 Hz, and the bit depth can be adjusted as 16 bit or 24 bit.
- Step 3Play and download from Tidal to computer
- You can choose the target program, like Chrome to navigate to Tidal web player. Or click the Tidal app to discover favorite Tidal playlists or albums. Once discovered, you can start to play the Tidal music, it will pop up the recording window. And then it will start to record and download Tidal tracks automatically.
- Step 4Edit and save Tidal music downloads
- Once the Tidal music has been downloaded, you can click the 'edit' icon at each track to edit them. It's able to cut or split unwanted Tidal audio segments and customize the ID3 tags of Tidal tracks according to your needs. When all settings are OK, you can click the 'Stop' to finish the recording process. Click 'Save' to store Tidal files to your computer. Now, you can transfer them to any device for offline listening.
Part 3. How to Get Tidal Music Download on GitHub - Tidal HiFi/HiFi Plus
As one of the largest sites for open-source projects, there are many developers sharing different types of software with others on GitHub. So, is there a program on GitHub to let Tidal download music to computer? Tidal-Media-Downloader is the surprising answer.
Tidal-Media-Downloader supports two versions, namely Tidal-dl and Tidal-gui. It is a free and easy-to-use solution where users can not only download Tidal music but also download Tidal videos. In addition, it is a cross-platform toolkit compatible with macOS, Windows, Android and Linux operating systems. However, the downside of this program is that a Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus subscription is required.
Here, we will take Tidal-gui as an example to illustrate its usage.
How to Download Music and Videos from Tidal on Github
Step 1. Tidal-Media-Downloader has a complicated installation process. If it's your first time using it, please navigate to Github to find the installment file and refer to the complete instruction. After installation, please open it to see the code of your device. Now, you need to log into your Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus account and authorized your device to use it by entering the device code.
Step 2. Go to the Tidal Web Player and find liked songs, playlists, and albums that you'd like to download. Copy the link of these Tidal audios and paste it into the text address bar of Tidal-gui. Click the 'search' icon to add them.
Step 3. All songs contained in the Tidal link will be shown in the next window. You can select single songs by checking the mark for download. Also, you can customize the output quality as Normal, High, HiFi, or Master according to the actual supported download quality. Finally, tap the 'Download' button, this Tidal downloader will download Tidal on laptop without any hassle.
Part 4. How to Download Music from Tidal for Free - All Tidal Users
Can you download Tidal music free without paying? Yes. Audacity a is free and open-source audio recorder and editor. It is capable of recording audio from your computer, including Tidal music. Available for Windows, Mac, Linux, and GNU, it allows you to download from Tidal to computer. Audacity will keep high-quality Tidal audio and allows to export Tidal recordings to multiple file formats.
But there are also some disadvantages, such as not easy for new users, unable to maintain HiFi sound quality, and so on. If you don't mind these, follow the steps below to record and download songs on Tidal for free.
Step 1. Download, install, and open Audacity on your computer. Then click on the 'Edit' option from the top-left corner. After that, choose 'Preferences' > 'Audio Host Box' > 'Windows WASAPI' to set up the playback devices.
Step 2. You need to turn 'Software playthrough' off when you record Tidal music on a computer. To do this, click on 'Transport' and select 'Transport option', then turn off 'Software Playthrough'.
Step 3. Now you can open the Tidal app and start playing a song. At the same time, press the red 'Record' button in Audacity to record and download Tidal for Mac and Windowss. When it is over, click on 'Stop' to save the Tidal downloads to your computer.
Part 5. How to Download Music from Tidal to Phone - Tidal HiFi/HiFi Plus
Tidal lets users download music off Tidal to phones via its mobile app. There is no doubt that it's a straight way. And the Tidal mobile app is available on Android and iOS devices. Moving on, you can refer to the tutorial below to know how to download Tidal music on Android and iOS devices. Note that you are not allowed to download single tracks. Also, make sure you have a stable network connection and a valid Tidal subscription.
How to Download Tidal Playlist Offline to Phone
Step 1. Run the Tidal app on your phone and login in with your Tidal HiFi/HiFi Plus account.
Step 2. Start to discover your loved Tidal playlist under the 'My Collections' section.
Step 3. Once you have found a playlist that you'd like to download, tap on it to open its 'Overview' page. You can see a toggle for Download near the top. Swipe this toggle to download Tidal playlist and it will show that the songs in this playlist are added to the download queue.
How to Download Album on Tidal to Phone
Step 1. Fire up the Tidal app on your iPhone or Android devices and sign in to your premium Tidal account.
Step 2. You can search for a certain album from the top of the interface to find your favorite Tidal album.
Step 3. Tap it and activate the 'Download' button to download albums from Tidal to your phone.
Play Tidal Music Downloads without Data Service or WiFis
To play downloaded Tidal music without using data or WiFi, please click My Collection > Settings to turn on the Offline mode option. If you want to use data to listen to Tidal music again, simply disable the offline mode.
Part 6. Comparison of 5 Methods to Download Songs from Tidal
In this part, let's have a quick glance at the complete comparison among the above 5 ways to download songs from Tidal to PC and Mac computers and mobile devices.
|AudFree Tidal Music Downloader||AudFree Tidal Recorder||Tidal-Media-Downloader||Audacity||Tidal Mobile App|
|Output Quality||Lossless||High quality||High quality||High quality||Lossless|
|Compatible OS||macOS, Windows||macOS, Windows||macOS, Windows, Android, and Linux||macOS, Windows, Linux, and GNU||Android, iOS|
|Supported Input Format||Tidal songs, playlists, podcasts, and albums||Any audio playing on computer||Tidal songs, playlists, albums, and videos||Any audio playing on computer||Entire Tidal albums and playlists|
|Supported Output Format||MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, M4B||MP3, WAV, FLAC, M4A, AAC, M4B||MP3||MP3, WAV, OGG, AIFF, and AU||Encoded cache files|
|Customize Output Quality||✔||✔||✘||✔||✘|
|Cut / Merge Function||✘||✔||✘||✔||✘|
|Download without Tidal HiFi/HiFi Plus||✔||✔||✘||✔||✘|
What we can draw is that AudFree Tidal Playlist Downloader stands out from other tools with its higher conversion speed and output quality. Just click the download button below and use it to get your favorite Tidal music on Mac and PC instantly! Afterward, you can also sync them to your mobile devices, including iPhones and Android devices, for offline listening.
Part 7. FAQs about Downloading Tidal Music
Q1: Do I Have to Pay for Tidal HiFi or Plus for Downloading Tidal Music?
A: Yes. The privilege of Offline Mode is only available for Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus subscribers. Therefore, you need to upgrade your subscription to one of them to download Tidal songs on mobile devices. But if you are using AudFree Tidal Music Converter, you don't need to pay for them as it supports the Free Tidal plan.
Q2: Can You Download Individual Songs on Tidal?
A: No! Tidal only allows its HiFi or HiFi subscribers to download entire playlists or albums. If you'd like to download single Tidal songs, you can add all your desired tracks to a playlist for download. Alternatively, you can use the above three third-party tools to download individual Tidal tracks.
Q3: Is There a Tidal Download Limit?
A: Yes, you can only download up to 10,000 songs on Tidal. Once you exceed this amount, you must delete some downloaded songs before downloading Tidal tracks. To bypass the Tidal download limit, you can draw support from a professional Tidal downloader.
Q4: Can I Download Music from Tidal to My Computer?
A: Tidal doesn't allow you to download songs from Tidal onto computer. But you can install the AudFree Tidal Playlist Downloader to make it possible, which can download Tidal music to PC and Mac at a 5X fast speed.
Q5: Where Are Tidal Music Downloads Stored?
A: If you download songs from the Tidal app, you can click 'My Collection' at the bottom right and then hit on 'Download' button to find them. If you use AudFree Tidal Downloader to download music, you can click on the 'history' list at the bottom right or follow the 'Output' path to find your music files.
Q6: How to Clear Tidal Download Queue?
A: Go to the home page of downloading tracks from Tidal, and then find the songs that you'd like to clear from Tidal download queue. And then hit on the 'three-dot' icon to choose 'Delete' option to do that.
Part 8. In Conclusion
Today we have shown you how to let Tidal download music on computers or mobile devices. Obviously, AudFree Tidal Music Downloader is the best choice for users who want to get Tidal music on computer. Because it doesn't require Tidal HiFi or a HiFi subscription and allows you to download lossless Tidal music 5x faster. Even better, it supports batch downloading individual songs on Tidal as well as entire Tidal playlists and albums.
For users who want to enjoy Tidal offline music on their mobile devices, subscribing to Tidal HiFi or HiFi Plus is the most straightforward way. But if you don't want to pay for them, you can also use AudFree Tidal Downloader. Because you can easily transfer offline Tidal music to your mobile device for listening.